Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Check this out, while I was at capellas web site I was looking at the recipes there for their flavor drops. So I was making pancakes and thought the milk choc would taste good in the mix. So I blended a bananna and about 2mls of PA milk choc with my pancake mix,OOOOHHHH my god that was delicious so now I have to get more blueberry for pancakes maybe some choc for shakes it can be used in yougurt for flavoring as well. People even use this stuff to make flavored water.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thanks Dan, I am very new to diy and will start with very small samples. Are these flavors very strong? I was thinking about 5 or 6 drops per ml??? Any suggestions?

10% is what I have been running, so 1ml flavoring to 9ml nic juice. If your dropper is 40 drops per ml the 4 drops per ml.
So if you like it strong, the 5-6 will work :)
Dan

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
"just looked and one of their pending flavors is can..... just go see for yourself. i thought it was pretty funny"

yeah that is pretty funny if you think about it.....vapor smell is pretty subtle and when your vaping you quickly lose your own sense of it. So I just wonder what this will smell like to others ? And explaining to the cop that just pulled you over exactly what it is and is not. LOL :)

I have used these flavorings to add scent to bath salts....wonderful!!! And I put them in my coffee, whipped cream, all kinds of stuff. But it's also why I keep the nic juice in the closet up on a shelf with a orange skull and crossbones on the box and the flavorings in the fridge...wouldn't want to mix them up !

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
okay Dan....wanna do the math on this for us????

Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)

I mean the math is actually pretty simple but the conversion of mass/weight/fluid volume for mixing liquids and solids is what throws me. Conceptually I get it...but practically exactly HOW are you supposed to do this if you don't have lab calibrated dry weight scales ?

I'll be happy with an answer like.....Use enough EM to fit on a match head with XX drops of Vodka. :) Thats scientific enough for vaping I would think.

ps...Good Lord....I can just see getting walked in on while your doing this one......holding the bic lighter underneath the silver spoon LOL :evil:

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
I think in this case you use volume and not wt. fill a little bottle up about 10% then fill it the rest of the way up with the liquid... I can be wrong on this but thats what I'm thinking. (I know volume is the the prefured method of mixing most things however I think the Wt. we are dealing with here is too small for ordanary people's scales)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
okay Dan....wanna do the math on this for us????

Pure ethyl maltol crystals. These can be dissolved in alcohol or Propylene Glycol @ 10%. (use a little heat)

I mean the math is actually pretty simple but the conversion of mass/weight/fluid volume for mixing liquids and solids is what throws me. Conceptually I get it...but practically exactly HOW are you supposed to do this if you don't have lab calibrated dry weight scales ?

I'll be happy with an answer like.....Use enough EM to fit on a match head with XX drops of Vodka. :) Thats scientific enough for vaping I would think.

ps...Good Lord....I can just see getting walked in on while your doing this one......holding the bic lighter underneath the silver spoon LOL :evil:

After talking to Linda, 10% is equivilent to 8ml of PG or PGA + 1/4tsp of EM.

I use 1/4tsp of EM to 10ml of PG or PGA. The PGA will disolve in minutes, the PG can overnight.

Hope this helps
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread