• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Personal weapon reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to do a quick review of the Just RIght Carbine from EMF. Home Page

At this time, the JRC is offered in 3 calibers, 9mm, 40 and 45acp. They are working on adding 2 more calibers, the 22lr and 22mag. Not a lot of info on the 22lr and 22mag kits yet, other than they are still in the testing phase and unlike the ruger single 6 pistol, each caliber will have its own barrel.

I bought mine in 9mm and it came with a 45acp kit. The 45acp kit had the Glock magwell, but I am not a fan of Glocks and would never carry one, so I called JRC and ordered a 1911 magwell. Now the carbine is set up to use the same mags as my EDC. I still use the 9mm Glock magwell and have no complaints with it. I am not really a fan of the 40 cal round, but I am still thinking of adding the 40 kit, just because I have a slight case of OCD.

The basic set up is AR-like, using an AR type lower (triggers, safety's, hammer, buttstock and grips are AR). It comes with a front floating quad rail, which when installed, aligns perfectly with the rail on the receiver (no step down), a lets you make it all "tacti-cool", which is how I have it for display. The gun does not come with any sights, front or rear. The barrels for each caliber can be ordered with or without threads ($10 for with) which allow the use of flash hiders, suppressors etc.

Changing the calibers is simple, and everything needed to do so, including the tools, are included with each kit. After you do it one time, you can change calibers in 2-3 minutes without much difficulty. Being a righty, the ambi feature is meaningless to me, but for the leftys it is a definite plus and if I ever decided to sell it I guess it would be a decent feature to have. Changing from left to right only takes a couple minutes, by simply moving the charge handle and ejection port door to the opposite side of the weapon.

Even though each caliber kit comes complete with a new bolt assembly, the firing pin and spring are interchangeable with any of the calibers. This makes it easy to keep an extra firing pin and spring on hand for parts. Extra parts are available from EMF for a really good price.

A downside to the JRC is there is not a lock back after the last round is fired. At the range, this is not really a problem, but unless I am counting rounds as I shoot, I get the 'click' which after a while gets a little old. Another down side as mentioned, is the lack of sights and also the lack of a front sling mount, but like an AR, add on sling mounts and sights are easy to add.

So far I have had 0 failures as a result of the weapons performance. I did have some problems with an aftermarket Glock 45acp 27 rd magazine, but its a cheap copy mag and is not Glock's or JRC's fault. The real Glock mags have never failed. I did have a problem with the 1911 magwell feeding properly with standard mil-spec mags, but EMF sent me a free shipping label, went completely through the weapon, changed my standard barrel to a threaded barrel and sent it back to me at NO cost to me what so ever. Great customer service, even on a weapon bought used.

Over all, I am real happy with the purchase of the JRC and if I had to do it again, I would definitely do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread