meat_eaters.jpg
*wipes screen* Hahahahahaaaa!!!!!! :lol:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I really don't think anyone is taking seriously the claim that PETA is fighting the FDA for vaping rights. That's just a strawman argument being presented by the OP. If one actually looked at PETA's complaint, you'd see that vaping isn't even mentioned.

In this case, it appears he's trying to hitch the cart to their argument.

Sadly, Google shows a few Vendors relating PETA (incorrectly) to the vaping industry in their ongoing Battle with the FDA over animal rights.

We are not our enemy and should hold our heads high , never lowering to their standard of Fraudulent assertions. :cool:

anyway, more important things to be upset over. :)

This thread gets a Big :nah:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
PETA is not on our side. They want to force the FDA and any other organisation
to abandon animal testing and go to computer simulations or tearing out
cells to put in a dish. They know the later will misguide and otherwise harm
the general population while at the same time protect every vermin and
pestilence that plagues humanity.

Ask PETA why handicapped people should be excluded from most of the
Boundary Water Canoe area in Northern Minnesota. This is a National Park
Area. It's only for the proper people who can appreciate it and get there without
motors. I kid you not.
Mike

Reactions: Yiana

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It's only for the proper people who can appreciate it and get there without
motors. I kid you not.

Should we petition them to supply volunteers to Row? o_O

I always wondered how they justified - Motorized Boats to interfere with fisherman.
Don't propellers Cut BOTH WAYS? :lol:

They wanted to promote a healthy vegan diet
Then came Soilent Green

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Should we petition them to supply volunteers to Row? o_O

I always wondered how they justified - Motorized Boats to interfere with fisherman.
Don't propellers Cut BOTH WAYS? :lol:
Nope they have been there and tried that.
All those extra people assisting deteriorates the the forest floor.
all the unnecessary extra paddling stresses the fishies.
I still kid you not.
Mike

Reactions: Yiana

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Oh crap! Does this mean I have to start liking PETA?!

No. Personally, I'm glad my shampoo is tested on rabbits. If it makes a rabbit bald, I don't want it on my head. Plus, most rabbits never ever get a bath. I'm sure the rabbits are thankful for that clean fresh feeling that never happens in the wild. Have you ever gotten a shampoo when you get a haircut? It's awesome! And relaxing. I can just see the rabbits laying back, eyes closed, some smooth jazz on the radio while enjoying the gentle rubbing and the warm water rinse. How often do rabbits get to enjoy smooth jazz? Most of the time they are out in a field, ears in hyper overdrive, listening while terrified a hawk, coyote or cat will pounce on them and eat them for dinner. Plus, you know those stylists are going to cuddle the rabbits while they dry them. And why would any of us want to deny the rabbits a nice warm vape of Carrot Cake Supreme juice? Monkey's got to test the smoking products, let's give the rabbits a chance with vaping.

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I have to agree that it would be better to save tens of thousands of animals over one, even though it might not be as sensational, but I'm finding a lot of these other comments, um, a bit heartless.

Can you really not be bothered to look for cruelty-free cosmetics, or are you really okay with rabbits being blinded so you can have a better smelling shampoo?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
:cry:

Sorry folks. I'm not PETA, but I love animals and a lot of animal testing is cruel, redundant and completely unnecessary. Most of it is only done to comply with stupid, burdensome and completely unnecessary FDA regulations.

I'll see myself out...

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Can you really not be bothered to look for cruelty-free cosmetics, or are you really okay with rabbits being blinded so you can have a better smelling shampoo?

This, myself and I'd hope, millions have believed in since Long before Peta Existed.
Still there should be reasonable expectations in All life allowing Civil discussion of purpose as well as sensible alternatives.

Should animals be abused for Cosmetic testing?
Should Cosmetics Requiring Animal Testing Be produced to start with?
Should Governments Require Testing of Cosmetics be Conducted using Animals?
Should People be so concerned with Cosmetics Designed and Sold through Propaganda to Ostracize lower an individuals self esteem FOR PROFITS?

Cruelty comes in many forms. Some cannot be reasoned with:

Primal

Psychological

and Veganism, a main goal of PETA, is an Individual Choice - Not an Evolutionary Standard. :facepalm:

Thread officially 100% Derailed - From original Start point
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur..._MAhVBox4KHXHfDV8QMwiFASgXMBc&iact=mrc&uact=8

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have to agree that it would be better to save tens of thousands of animals over one, even though it might not be as sensational, but I'm finding a lot of these other comments, um, a bit heartless.

I would counter with:
If as much effort was spent one's self confidence, they wouldnt need all those cosmetic chemicals.

PETA is the Westboro church of the conservation movement.
Any organization that would save an animal over a child is fanatical..

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'll save an animal any time I can, and any way I can.

I might even opt to save an animal over a human being if given that choice.
Depends on the human being I guess.

My favorite saint is St. Francis of Assisi so there you go.

But when it comes to saving animals...
I'm definitely not into PETA, what they believe, or how they operate...

So yeah, in before the close.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

My heart is just fine! It's a Jarvik Series 7 Sports Heart by Yamaha. I got extended warranty, financing and qualified for a health tax credit. I had it installed at The Family Heart Center. They care.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
What most (including PETA) fail to realize is most animal testing was done ages ago. Especially for cosmetics, where the ingredients are not new, there has been no need for testing for years. This includes your shampoos, soaps, etc.

The only time new testing is required is when there are new ingredients that have not been tested in the past. Like new tobacco products. ;)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can"t in good conscious support any organization that tries to control the lives of the masses with subversion and downright lies. The minions of the group may very well believe in what they are doing but the bottom line is------there is money to be made from the gullible. They save a chimp and the donations roll in. :facepalm: JMHO

Reactions: B2L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread