Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
duplicating this thread title across several websites, not just vape sites, and then searching for it regularly on google and other engines would probably generate massive hits.

You can also add a big list of keywords in non visible white text to the opening post so search engines hit it more :)

Then I need a different thread title. "STOP THAT" could mean anything outside the context of vaping forums.

Democrats: Stop demonizing vapers!

Democrats: Stop demonizing e-cigs!

Democrats: Stop twisting e-cig science!

Democrats: Stop the anti-science anti-ecig ideology!

???

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.

I just shared this to a couple of vaping groups on Facebook. I'd urge others to do the same!

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
I just shared this to a couple of vaping groups on Facebook. I'd urge others to do the same!

Thanks!

I'd like some votes on my suggested topic lines, the idea is for them to show up on web searches and be obvious as to real topic.

(Alternative suggested short 1-liners also SERIOUSLY welcomed!)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.

ECF is not the only ecig forum. There are several others. Reddit electronic cigarettes forum I think is larger than ECF and very proactive. There's a ton of vendors participating there. Another avenue is to post on "Deals and Steals" which is Vapor Joes Facebook forum. I personally have seen over 1,000 hits just from a single post there. It's a closed group, so let me know if you need someone to post it there for you and I'll do it.

It's a well written appeal, so don't be shy about it. Submit it to several shows and review sites. Spinfuel, Steve K's, Mod Envy, Gimme Green, and there's probably a good 20+ more. I'm sure Calivapers would have an interest too. Also target some California vendors; Sun-Vapes, Nude Nicotine, Envision, there's another nic vendor that I can never remember. Tons of b&m's that you can send a message to through Facebook. If only 1/4 of them chose to participate, that's a lot. I'd also look at location specific vape meets. Most of them have a Facebook presence. You'd want to contact the administrator for permission to post first with local groups. There's a number of states with a heightened awareness of regulations that would affect them; it looks like Oregon and Rhode Island are under attack - start there. Oregon is a blue state (currently).

I'm just brainstorming here. I don't know about Google but I know there are ways to get it near the top based on keywords, etc.

My general observation is that Dem's are "spineless" which IMO is sometimes a good thing. If there is popular pressure, they will back off. They are more committed to "science" (Waxmen = Union of Concerned Scientists, however he is retiring this year). Wyland (D-Or) has taken a strong stance against corporate interests with net neutrality / copyright issues. All it takes is reaching one with the truth. In Az, we've been semi-protected by the owner of NJoy (of all people) who is very active in state lobbying efforts. The "public health" advocates were nullified against his lobby. Strange bedfellows.

California's got an advocate with addiction experts. Ask them to help.

Like I said, I'm just brainstorming. All ideas are wothwhile at this point. What I think it's going to come down to is that each one of us need to become lobbyists and that includes making courtesy visits to local representives in person. Maybe carry a few starter kits to hand out to staffers that might be still smoking with a stack of business cards from b&m's offering eliquids. The cigar lobby acheived an excemption in the past by appearing at fundraising events, visiting reps and handing out cigars - which somehow proved they were a "handcrafted" item vs. mass produced item from tobacco corporations. It appears to have worked. The ecig industry needs to seperate itself from tobacco corporations in this case. They do not represent vapers and should not be the only voice at the table - which right now it appears they are.

Last edited:

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
ECF is not the only ecig forum. There are several others. Reddit electronic cigarettes forum I think is larger than ECF and very proactive. There's a ton of vendors participating there. Another avenue is to post on "Deals and Steals" which is Vapor Joes Facebook forum. I personally have seen over 1,000 hits just from a single post there. It's a closed group, so let me know if you need someone to post it there for you and I'll do it.

I shared it to the Deals and Steals FB page, and the L.A. Vaper's Club group. However, the more the merrier, and bumps on the Deals and Steals post (or other people posting it) would be helpful.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I shared it to the Deals and Steals FB page, and the L.A. Vaper's Club group. However, the more the merrier, and bumps on the Deals and Steals post (or other people posting it) would be helpful.

supply an url and I'll help keep it bumped.
Maybe we should make a list of url's to pm to anyone willing (include other vapor forums)
Just a thought.

I have posted alerts in local vape meet groups and threads I'm active on and the results are complacent, apathetic, uninterested; "I'm not political" responses. What in the world is going through the heads of these ppl? It doesn't stop me, but geesh.

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
supply an url and I'll help keep it bumped.
Maybe we should make a list of url's to pm to anyone willing (include other vapor forums)
Just a thought.

I have posted alerts in local vape meet groups and threads I'm active on and the results are complacent, apathetic, uninterested; "I'm not political" responses. What in the world is going through the heads of these ppl? It doesn't stop me, but geesh.

Well, if they don't vote, then 1. They cannot threaten the Dems with switching and 2. They don't deserve access to eliquids.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Voters Threaten To Leave DNC Over E-Cig Demagoguery : Sign The Petition
Voters Threaten To Leave DNC Over E-Cig Lies : Sign The Petition

DNC Demagoguery About E-cigs. Voters Threaten Boycott of Party : Sign The Petition
DNC Lies About E-Cigs Must Stop. Voters Threaten To Boycott Party : Sign The Petition

Voters Ask DNC To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Voters Threatening To Leave : Sign The Petition
Voters Ask DNC Not To Keep Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Voters Threatening To Leave : Sign The Petition

"Well... There they Go Again"... DNC Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
"Well... There They Go Again"... DNC Demagoguery About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

DNC Practicing "Cig-A-Scare" Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
DNC Demagogues At It Again. Voters Ask Party To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

DNC Demagoguery Against Life Saving E-Cigs Voters Outraged : Sign The Petition
DNC Lieing About Smokeless Cigarettes may Cost Thousands Of Lives : Sign The Petition

Voters Say DNC Lies About E-Cigs Could Kill Thousands : Sign The Petition
Voters Want DNC To Tell The Truth on E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

Voters Upset About DNC Legislation Asking Party To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
Voters Upset About DNC Demogoguery This Time It's About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

Democrat Voters Upset Over DNC Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
Democrat Voters Upset Over DNC E-Cig Demagoguery : Sign The Petition

The DNC Wants E-Cig Users To Die Voters Upset : Sign The Petition
DNC Puts A Hit Out Against E-Cig Users Voters Upset : Sign The Petition
Why Is The DNC Telling Lies About Life Saving Smokeless Cigarettes : Sign The Petition
New Odorless Smokeless Cigarettes Could Save Lives And The DNC Could Care Less : Sign The Petition

Or something along those lines. You do want the title to be provocative so readers will have a "Whatta Eff" reaction which will attract attention to the cause.

I'll try to come up with a big fat text block of meta data keywords and pm them to you later Berylanna

hth,
Jon

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
I wonder if it'll get traction on sites such as Democratic Underground or Kos. Common Dreams and Raw Story might be receptive to an article. There are progressive feeds for RSS readers.

Oh, man, do I have to start doing RSS to spread this? (A #1 rule for writers is "write what you read")

I'll go look at some of those. I'll also ask my kid about shortening URLs, and see how long my facebook post URL is (probably long?)

I'm having dinner with my daughter tomorrow night. Hmmm.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Both DU and Kos allow individual "journals" where you can post whatever you want. I thought about starting a stream of positive ecig articles at DU. The headlines get picked up in the "Latest News" feed. Then it may or may not get picked up by some editor = RSS. What I do know is there are investigative journalists that hang out there and 2) when ecig articles do get posted, most ppl think they are fine. Generally positive. Both DU and Kos serve as "think tanks" and a way to test the water on various issues. You might also scan over at Mother Jones to see if there's a way to post an independent entry.

That's the thing. Banning them is not a populist or grass roots movement. It's top down only.

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Very sharp? Ouch. I don't remember the original enough to notice. Sorry, but thank your daughter for her help. Does she have any suggestions for how to give this more traction?

She says we have to not look like hobbyists, we have to look middle-class.

But this is on paper so far. Her fear is the same as what I hear from CASAA: They don't think there are enough vapers to CARE what we think.

And when we go to meetings, if we look like a subculture, they figure we don't have any supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread