Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.
You are brave and I admire you. I will certainly sign this,but do you want a Texan who is not invilved in Dem politics to sign this?

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
You are brave and I admire you. I will certainly sign this,but do you want a Texan who is not invilved in Dem politics to sign this?

If you ever ONCE voted for ONE Democrat, and you would vote for a Republican where otherwise you might have voted for a Democrat, because the Dem voted AGAINST us, then you are the intended target for signing the petition.

This has nothing to do with being involved with politics and everything to do with noticing who is supporting us vs. who is trying to kill us, preferably on a one-by-one basis. There were 2 Dems in the California State Senate who voted with us on SB648, and they should NOT lose our votes. Neither should the members of either party of the California Assembly Committee on Governmental Organization, who basically got Corbett to pull SB648 off the agenda after NORML went and had a talk with those committee members.

Anybody who gets near a voting booth is "involved in politics" unless they vote based on TV commercials, in which case they DESERVE to live in a country controlled by corporate donors to ad funds.

So thanks for your support!

(If you would NOT have ever voted Democrat, then don't sign, but feel free to call your Republican reps and tell them to go yell at their counterparts in Kentucky and Utah!)

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Democrats: Stop the war on vaping!

aikanae1, did you post that? It's GREAT!

I wish, but no I didn't. It is great; exactly the type of article that needs to gain traction and cross posting in as many places as possible. You will note that the majority of dems (average joes) are NOT in favor of regulations/banning ecigs. This is a corporate driven top down effort and fairly easy (IMO) to put Dems in the hot seat for it.

I wonder who that writer is. I'd like to see that article posted in Common Dreams and Truth Out. There's been a number of other good blog posts written in the past that deserved to be shared. I don't know why aggregate news portals haven't picked up on them. I do know that ANTZ knows how to get their articles in such locations as Huff Post. To some extent, this is a war that is being waged in the media through public relations.

Post a link to your petition in the comments.

It's been a long time since I've participated in politics. Move On also has a place where issues can be posted and membership votes on what is most important to act on. Crooks and Liars also had open thread nights.

Right now top issues appear to be economy (jobs, TPP, etc), SS and Medicare, civil rights, privacy issues. Dems have taken a lot of heat on IT issues, alienating their base support too. The DNC gets away with it because there isn't much else out there to vote for. Repubicans gave speeches and then voted the opposite. The US suffered an economic hit when data services moved overseas. No change in policy or the DOJ.

As much as I love my ecigs, I'm not going to abandon women's rights or healthcare in favor of a few rich, old white men bankrolled by wall street (GOP). The DNC knows that. Yet we stopped SOPA and fast tracking TPP.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

If you vote, you are invited to sign. Few ppl vote a single party ticket anymore and both parties are aware of that. Independents are the largest majority and they are what make or break elections. The DNC counts on cross-over votes.

Last edited:

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA

aikanae1, did you post that? It's GREAT!

Fun comments.

The user calling himself LakeSuperior is a gigantic idiot. He keeps complaining that pro-ecig arguments are anti-science, but his only counterargument is an appeal to authority. If only he knew how anti-science the public health authorities are.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Fun comments.

The user calling himself LakeSuperior is a gigantic idiot. He keeps complaining that pro-ecig arguments are anti-science, but his only counterargument is an appeal to authority. If only he knew how anti-science the public health authorities are.

I went over and read some of this lakesuperior characters nonsense, and omg reads just like I'd expect a typical dnc nanny type 'progressive' to be spouting, the usual predictable pile of canned antz lies all neatly wrapped in the usual self righteous sense of nannyhood...exactly like the author warns about in his appeal to the party. This lakesuperior is a great example of the kind of mentality the dnc needs to erase. heh heh good luck with that as lakesuperior has that built in sense of moral superiority (the nanny do gooder in them) that blinds so many lefties when they think they're defending the partys talking points.

btw... This is a fantastic article imho.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Vote Libertarian..Problem solved. :p

Well written petition OP..Especially this part:
"But now, Democrats all over the country are using ideology and quoting junk science to put up barriers to switching to electronic cigarettes."

I'm afraid you are right. All the Dems will be concerned with now is backing away from Obamacare with more junk science on the all impending "Climate Change" when all over the country there have been record lows.

The mainstream media will certainly be on board all the way no doubt, as they have already. ;)
http://www.edf.org/climate/climate-...obal-Warming&gclid=COzAu-mj07wCFUhp7AodxmMAUA

The truth:
http://blog.heartland.org/2014/02/t...o-global-warming-and-will-be-none-for-decades

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Vote Libertarian..Problem solved. :p

I'm not abandoning Democrats as a protest, I'm looking to REPLACE individuals who vote against us. Not all are Dems, but in the Bay Area, it's pretty much all Dems. I did join the Whigs, which is much greener than the Libertarians but attracts a lot of Libertarians.

But that's not the point. Libertarians are more than welcome to consider how to approach anybody who might understand them. Since it would probably be redundant to approach other Libertarians on this matter, please consider other groups you may belong to that might need to hear from an insider. Business owners. Medical people. (Yes, business owners should have the right to decide for themselves, but they should not do so based on the lies currently being passed out by the ALA, ACA, AHA, CTFK, CDC, FDA....the list goes on.)

A Libertarian approached me yesterday to say hi, and I talked to her about CASAA, and though she supports my LEGAL right to vape, she still warned me "But some of those things still contain nicotine, you know" like she was warning me about some hidden contamination danger.

SCIENCE. Please! Spread it!

(WRT record lows...that comes from the poles melting enough to send a lot of their cold elsewhere. I think a lot of folks thought global warming meant balmier days. No, it means losing the weird stable weather (compared to ice core records) that we've had for 10,000 years. And I get that from my OWN college training in the '60's, and an understanding of Fractals, not from the Democrats. BTW, if you like business opportunities, Greenland is apparently booming. And I am aware of the lack of science and math in the mainstream media, it's TAUGHT that that is RIGHT in journalism classes, I was horrified.)

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I'm not abandoning Democrats as a protest, I'm looking to REPLACE individuals who vote against us. Not all are Dems, but in the Bay Area, it's pretty much all Dems. I did join the Whigs, which is much greener than the Libertarians but attracts a lot of Libertarians.

But that's not the point. Libertarians are more than welcome to consider how to approach anybody who might understand them. Since it would probably be redundant to approach other Libertarians on this matter, please consider other groups you may belong to that might need to hear from an insider. Business owners. Medical people. (Yes, business owners should have the right to decide for themselves, but they should not do so based on the lies currently being passed out by the ALA, ACA, AHA, CTFK, CDC, FDA....the list goes on.)

A Libertarian approached me yesterday to say hi, and I talked to her about CASAA, and though she supports my LEGAL right to vape, she still warned me "But some of those things still contain nicotine, you know" like she was warning me about some hidden contamination danger.

SCIENCE. Please! Spread it!

Berylanna -- You just have to bear in mind that the majority of citizens are not scientists or health professionals. I had just yesterday a neighbor ask me while I was vaping,"Oh, I didn't know you have asma." I said,"I don't, this is a personal vaping device, I quit smoking." With a puzzled look she asked,"What's the difference?" lol
That's where we can educate the public is starting in our own back yard. ;)

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
See, I work with engineers all day, my whole family is scientists and engineers except for ONE daughter who still married one and works at Apple. So, it's been so long since I talked to a normal person that I don't even know where to start.

Most folks I talk to either respond well to naked facts or else to really good mind-picture metaphors. Like "nicotine is like caffeine, are you afraid to breathe second-hand Latte?"

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
See, I work with engineers all day, my whole family is scientists and engineers except for ONE daughter who still married one and works at Apple. So, it's been so long since I talked to a normal person that I don't even know where to start.
Keep it simple. Use the 4000 chemicals vs 1 route as I do. And add that nicotine is not a cancer causing agent.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Keep it simple. Use the 4000 chemicals vs 1 route as I do. And add that nicotine is not a cancer causing agent.

In California, that is not a reason to not limit e-cigs. Even the ANTZ stand up and say they are all for us vaping and using reduced-harm but that we have no right to threaten pregnant women with our 2nd-hand vape.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
In California, that is not a reason to not limit e-cigs. Even the ANTZ stand up and say they are all for us vaping and using reduced-harm but that we have no right to threaten pregnant women with our 2nd-hand vape.

Huum -- maybe I should write a petition to the Libertarian Party to limit ANTZ and government.
Just be thankful we don't get all the ANTZ we pay for. Or was that government? I must re-read my Will Rogers quotes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread