1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Petition for: Exclude e-cigarettes from proposed bill AB 1500 (which would ban online sales of e-cigarettes in California)

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by meanckz, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. meanckz

meanckz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  2. retired1

retired1 Curmudgeon Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Legislation News

3. gheebee

gheebee Senior Member ECF Veteran

No offense, but I don't like this petition. They shouldn't be trying to ban the shipment of any of the things they are trying to restrict with that bill; the whole thing should just go!

4. Bill Godshall

Bill Godshall Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I think the petition is very well written.

If ghheebee truly wanted Dickinson's bill to "just go", he/she would sign the petition and urge other vapers to do so as well (instead of criticizing the petition).

5. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

6. MetalMaster75

MetalMaster75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have to agree with gheebee: the whole bill should be dismissed.
    The tobacco shipments (pipe tobacco, cigars, etc) from out-of-state are already subject to excise taxes. And online purchase options have been narrowing drastically in the past three or four years.

With that said, I've added my name to the petition. We're running out of options.

7. gheebee

gheebee Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't know... I think if I sign something entitled "California Assembly member Roger Dickinson: Exclude e-cigarettes from proposed bill AB 1500" then it would look like I either endorse or don't care about imposing the restrictions on the other products that the bill seeks to include. Additionally, I do not want to see laws enacted that could potentially call for me to turn more info over to a vendor for them to verify my age and the petition suggests this. I can agree that having the bill pass with an exemption for e-cigarettes would be better than it just passing in it's current form but I am equally opposed to restricting the shipment of both products that I use and products that I do not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.