petition needs your signature

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Slipstream and Kevin, thank you for signing!
smiley-bounce016.gif
smiley-bounce016.gif

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Last edited:

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Yeah, how about that, as it seemed there was kind of neutrality towards vaping here in Georgia, I guess not. :nah:

The sponsors of this bill are going to hear from me.:thumb:
Jim, I knew someone was from Georgia here but was afraid to look. I'm sorry they are putting you guys through that. Give 'em hell!

Sand sculpture.

cool-sand-lizard.jpg

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Will do FT :thumbs:

While I haven't fully read the proposed bill yet, I did see that it goes in to detail on setting up a legal definition of a cigalike, and then it goes on to refer everything else a vapor pen, seemed rather specific on making that distinction. Hmmmm, I wonder why they did that....maybe Big Tobacco can answer that.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Will do FT :thumbs:

While I haven't fully read the proposed bill yet, I did see that it goes in to detail on setting up a legal definition of a cigalike, and then it goes on to refer everything else a vapor pen, seemed rather specific on making that distinction. Hmmmm, I wonder why they did that....maybe Big Tobacco can answer that.
Maybe they helped write the bill. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I've learned far to much about how the "health community" works since I've started vaping. In turn that's made me look at other peoples' problems--think things like chronic pain management (thankfully don't suffer from it)--where those with chronic pain are put through so many hoops they have to literally plan their lives around when they'll need to be at their doctor's to receive 30 days worth of medication to enable them to live a "normal" life. They have to plan around weddings, funerals, work, vacations and so on.

It's socially accepted, even sympathized with, to be entirely dependent on caffeine to get through the day. Caffeine and nicotine are very similar. But if your boogie man is nicotine, it's socially/politically endorsed that you're open season for ridicule and stringent regulation. Lots of good press for caffeine lately, none for nicotine in any form.

The document seems long, complicated and, hopefully, due for major revisions. If we can do anything, please let us know.
Ya think? :facepalm:

Seeing as they pretty much own the cig-a-like closed carto market...
Aren't they special? I have seen enough posts by people saying they tried BT cigalikes, hated them but saw the promise and moved on to greener pastures, eventually being able to quit. That's the value I see in BT's crappy delivery systems. It's also the only thing nice I have to say about their products. :lol:
Vesuvius, Thank you so much for signing, glad to have you on our side!
smiley-bounce016.gif

Hope you all had a great Super Bowl Sunday!

817-LIVE_p1028_28h1penguin3standalo.jpg

mouthful-of-football1.jpg

It's also very late after a difficult day, hope I didn't s

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Maybe they helped write the bill. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I've learned far to much about how the "health community" works since I've started vaping. In turn that's made me look at other peoples' problems--think things like chronic pain management (thankfully don't suffer from it)--where those with chronic pain are put through so many hoops they have to literally plan their lives around when they'll need to be at their doctor's to receive 30 days worth of medication to enable them to live a "normal" life. They have to plan around weddings, funerals, work, vacations and so on.

It's socially accepted, even sympathized with, to be entirely dependent on caffeine to get through the day. Caffeine and nicotine are very similar. But if your boogie man is nicotine, it's socially/politically endorsed that you're open season for ridicule and stringent regulation. Lots of good press for caffeine lately, none for nicotine in any form.

The document seems long, complicated and, hopefully, due for major revisions. If we can do anything, please let us know.

Aren't they special? I have seen enough posts by people saying they tried BT cigalikes, hated them but saw the promise and moved on to greener pastures, eventually being able to quit. That's the value I see in BT's crappy delivery systems. It's also the only thing nice I have to say about their products. :lol:

Vesuvius, Thank you so much for signing, glad to have you on our side!
smiley-bounce016.gif

Hope you all had a great Super Bowl Sunday!

817-LIVE_p1028_28h1penguin3standalo.jpg

mouthful-of-football1.jpg

It's also very late after a difficult day, hope I didn't s
My wife and I both deal with that. Every month we both have to go see our doctors, each visit taking a minimum of 2 hours with driving. Then we get to hand deliver our scrips to the pharmacy, and wait for our refills because you basically have to wait until you're out to get a refill. Then there's the added cost, what used to be about 4 office visits a year is now 12, plus random(usually 2-3 a year) mandatory testing to ensure we are taking our medication as prescribed. This is after years of going through physical therapy, chiropractors, acupuncture.

Sorry, tangent... I just had a change in my insurance which may mean I have to start this process all over again after being stable and improving for a few years, I'm not happy about it.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
51,273 (1!) Thank you One! :)

My wife and I both deal with that. Every month we both have to go see our doctors, each visit taking a minimum of 2 hours with driving. Then we get to hand deliver our scrips to the pharmacy, and wait for our refills because you basically have to wait until you're out to get a refill. Then there's the added cost, what used to be about 4 office visits a year is now 12, plus random(usually 2-3 a year) mandatory testing to ensure we are taking our medication as prescribed. This is after years of going through physical therapy, chiropractors, acupuncture.

Sorry, tangent... I just had a change in my insurance which may mean I have to start this process all over again after being stable and improving for a few years, I'm not happy about it.
You're entitled to more than just a tangent. I really feel for you and your wife. You guys, or anyone with chronic pain, shouldn't be treated as guilty until proven innocent (every couple of months) because some people abuse vital medications. You get the double whammy of being a nicotine-sucking lowlife and trying to deal with chronic pain, but at least your phone works correctly again. :thumb: Hope they don't make you run the gauntlet again.

puppy-bowl-x-kitty-time-show.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread