ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

2ac86864e0be8dc61d0c573447c2a667.jpg

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The while stuff finally stopped falling and the temp is down to 18....supposed to go lower during the night... We ended up with about 1 1/2 inches since every flake that fell stuck. Now I am ready for Spring :D

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Funny-Pictures-of-Angry-Animals-19.jpg

The while stuff finally stopped falling and the temp is down to 18....supposed to go lower during the night... We ended up with about 1 1/2 inches since every flake that fell stuck. Now I am ready for Spring :D

One and a half inches? :lol: Actually I get it, used to be an avid tennis playing living in Pasadena. Hailed one day. Sucked. ;)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

One and a half inches? :lol: Actually I get it, used to be an avid tennis playing living in Pasadena. Hailed one day. Sucked. ;)
! 1/2 inches with these temps can actually shut my part of the world down. A big truck jack-knifed on the highway that runs along one side of our property and there were half a dozen other accidents between here and town. Temps dropped to 14 overnight so now that snow is frozen solid out there. I sure am glad I don't have to get out there in it. It does look like traffic is moving well this morning so maybe our so called highway crew finally got our there and did something about it.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
60,095 :grr:

Sign the petition (pretty please), before we have to (regretfully) unleash the mentally unstable owl on you (it's for a truly good cause; saving millions of lives). Thank you in advance. :wub:

bc7253a22256f072d0db5eb6fb811926.jpg

! 1/2 inches with these temps can actually shut my part of the world down. A big truck jack-knifed on the highway that runs along one side of our property and there were half a dozen other accidents between here and town. Temps dropped to 14 overnight so now that snow is frozen solid out there. I sure am glad I don't have to get out there in it. It does look like traffic is moving well this morning so maybe our so called highway crew finally got our there and did something about it.

That's much more serious than your first post. I'm sorry about the jack-knifed rig. Owie. As a kid I spent a winter living at tree line in Switzerland. Enough said about that, it was daily routine and people were aware of the conditions and surroundings. In the US, not so much when it's an unusual situation. I hope it thaws out quickly for you. Stay safe and warm. :wub:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
60,095 :grr:

Sign the petition (pretty please), before we have to (regretfully) unleash the mentally unstable owl on you (it's for a truly good cause; saving millions of lives). Thank you in advance. :wub:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: oh. I mean :thumbs:

That's much more serious than your first post. I'm sorry about the jack-knifed rig. Owie. As a kid I spent a winter living at tree line in Switzerland. Enough said about that, it was daily routine and people were aware of the conditions and surroundings. In the US, not so much when it's an unusual situation. I hope it thaws out quickly for you. Stay safe and warm. :wub:
Thank you sweet friend. :wub:
Temps got above freezing yesterday and YAY!!! the sun finally decided to bless us with its presence after being AWOL for about a week so a lot of the snow is gone. we have to go to town today so hoping the highway is cleared all the way there. If not, hubby is driving so I am not concerned.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I'll up your kitty (and assume your trip went smoothly today, @mattiem ).

Over 4" of rain today. :banana:
Trip to town went fine. Fortunately the highway was clear :thumbs:

Warmer temps and rain are supposed to move in today....I am so ready for Spring to roll in even though we have barely had a winter. That is fine with me since winter is my least favorite season.

Frozen_Doxie.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread