petition needs your signature

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Yes I got into a few heated debates on FB when CASAA people decided to knock the petition and I had to remind them that any advocacy is good advocacy and them saying the petition was useless was not the right thing to be doing. Felt good when people said they signed right in the post.
Casaa advocacy = mundane, lethargic and ineffective. Has been for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it. Shrug.

Tapatyped

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Casaa advocacy = mundane, lethargic and ineffective. Has been for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it. Shrug.

Tapatyped

From what people posted I think I got a few more signatures from debating with them on their posts. I do know that we had a few good bumps right after it.

bang-head-against-brick-wall.jpg

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm on facebook, though I don't spend much time there, and I don't go on daily. I'm a member of the CASAA group, but they hardly ever post there either, it's mostly members posting stuff, and it's near impossible to have any kind of discussion there.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I know the frustration....believe me :(

I know you do and I thank you for your reply.

I think that CASAA went the Facebook route to reach more people. I can't fault them for that. We on ECF are a small group, relatively speaking. Sure, we feel a bit abandoned. It is hard to keep a presence in both arenas.

I don't fault them for anything. It's their show and they can run it any way they find most effective. The times have changed since I found ECF in 2009; back then it was the best (if not the only) place for vapers to gather and learn from each other and engage in pro-vaping advocacy. With the growing popularity of vaping and the explosion of social media, vapers can find information from many other sources. I get that. But why CASAA can't find a point person for each e-cig forum and at least repost their CTAs from FB (there are not that many) on their own subforum is beyond me.

As to the Global Announcement and CTA's...I think when we switched over to the new system, the Global announcements were more difficult to create.

More difficult perhaps, but not impossible. I just saw a global contest thread (just ended) that somehow got created with links to vaping.com. Even the winners of the contest were announced on vaping.com. SJ posted maybe 6 times on ECF this year. I get ECF newsletter that sends me to vaping.com. :?: Interesting articles, BTW, but why aren't they posted here also? It's still his forum, isn't it? He used to post here all the time--about vaping, advocacy, political activism. What happened? Has he also abandoned this forum?

I have nothing against contests, I even won some nice prizes in the past, but why are we abandoning advocacy? Especially now! :confused:

I think if it doesn't directly affect the area that you live in, you won't receive the email.

Again, the last CTA we just discussed, http://august8th.org/ , was not local.

Sometimes grumpy is good :D

Right.

Carry on. I'm off to join FB. Or not. :facepalm:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

animals-that-long-for-spring-6.jpg

That actually surprised me but makes sense. Depressing.

60,411 still
If FB ends up being necessary to stay in the loop then count me out. I have an account there but honestly most of the time I just forget it's there. I don't gossip in real life so I certainly can't see myself gossiping there and it seems to me like that is what it mostly is.
Sometimes grumpy is good :D

I don't "do" FB and was so relieved when Lessifer sacrificed himself to keep us informed on what was going on. :thumbs: Not to mention you others that keep us posted.

Yes when I pointed that out to the person from CASAA they had no response and when I got really annoyed I asked them if they wanted me to cancel my membership to CASAA because they seem to be fighting against my advocating. That got the post closed for comments.

Funny how they don't like people that push back. Didn't they get their start here by pushing back?

Hi all.

I know the frustration....believe me :(

I think that CASAA went the Facebook route to reach more people. I can't fault them for that. We on ECF are a small group, relatively speaking. Sure, we feel a bit abandoned. It is hard to keep a presence in both arenas.

As to the Global Announcement and CTA's...I think when we switched over to the new system, the Global announcements were more difficult to create. After we no longer had that capability, I no longer got the Calls To Action. :( I think that they were in process of moving over to a stronger FB presence at that time.

As far as sending out emails for CTA's, that is totally on CASAA's shoulders. They are posting them on the FB pages. I think if it doesn't directly affect the area that you live in, you won't receive the email. I haven't had any emails from them either.

Robin, I love you dearly and wish I could ask you to stop pushing back but I don't really want you to. They've dug the pit they are in and I sincerely hope they come back around.

For those of who have sworn to go to their grave never using Facebook...
I guess we just have to live with the consequences of that decision...

So far, I'm doing quite well.
:laugh:

Me too! Thanks Les. :D I'm never joining it and I've paid the price in other areas of interest. I will not bow under.

I know you do and I thank you for your reply.

I don't fault them for anything. It's their show and they can run it any way they find most effective. The times have changed since I found ECF in 2009; back then it was the best (if not the only) place for vapers to gather and learn from each other and engage in pro-vaping advocacy. With the growing popularity of vaping and the explosion of social media, vapers can find information from many other sources. I get that. But why CASAA can't find a point person for each e-cig forum and at least repost their CTAs from FB (there are not that many) on their own subforum is beyond me.

More difficult perhaps, but not impossible. I just saw a global contest thread (just ended) that somehow got created with links to vaping.com. Even the winners of the contest were announced on vaping.com. SJ posted maybe 6 times on ECF this year. I get ECF newsletter that sends me to vaping.com. :?: Interesting articles, BTW, but why aren't they posted here also? It's still his forum, isn't it? He used to post here all the time--about vaping, advocacy, political activism. What happened? Has he also abandoned this forum?

I have nothing against contests, I even won some nice prizes in the past, but why are we abandoning advocacy? Especially now! :confused:

Again, the last CTA we just discussed, http://august8th.org/ , was not local.

Right.

Carry on. I'm off to join FB. Or not. :facepalm:

Don't do it! (Join FB.)

I too miss Oliver being on here. However, it must be a PITA trying to keep ECF going these days. As far as I can tell he's been true to his mission and does all he can to advocate for vaping. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I don't care for all the blatant. flashing ads but if it keeps us online, okay. If they switch to FB, guess I'll be on my own. :cry:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Don't do it! (Join FB.)

Please elaborate. I was thinking about using my other email (gmail address I never use--it's just there) and joining as "incognito" as humanly possible (without revealing any pertinent information) just in order to be able to access some sites that might be of interest to me. Still no?

I too miss Oliver being on here. However, it must be a PITA trying to keep ECF going these days. As far as I can tell he's been true to his mission and does all he can to advocate for vaping. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I don't care for all the blatant. flashing ads but if it keeps us online, okay.

OK. I was grumpy. I wouldn't be vaping today without him and this place, either.

If they switch to FB, guess I'll be on my own. :cry:

You'll have me and DC2! :lol: We could start our own website. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

animals-that-long-for-spring-6.jpg

That actually surprised me but makes sense. Depressing.

I don't "do" FB and was so relieved when Lessifer sacrificed himself to keep us informed on what was going on. :thumbs: Not to mention you others that keep us posted.

Funny how they don't like people that push back. Didn't they get their start here by pushing back?

Robin, I love you dearly and wish I could ask you to stop pushing back but I don't really want you to. They've dug the pit they are in and I sincerely hope they come back around.

Me too! Thanks Les. :D I'm never joining it and I've paid the price in other areas of interest. I will not bow under.

Don't do it! (Join FB.)

I too miss Oliver being on here. However, it must be a PITA trying to keep ECF going these days. As far as I can tell he's been true to his mission and does all he can to advocate for vaping. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I don't care for all the blatant. flashing ads but if it keeps us online, okay. If they switch to FB, guess I'll be on my own. :cry:
Yeah, I've been slacking on my FB duties... sorry about that. I had to stop going to the We Are CASAA group for awhile because every time I was there I would see posts that would make me furious. I can only take so much small mindedness and mob mentality.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Okay you two, stop keeping me up past my bedtime. :grr:

Please elaborate. I was thinking about using my other email (gmail address I never use--it's just there) and joining as "incognito" as humanly possible (without revealing any pertinent information) just in order to be able to access some sites that might be of interest to me. Still no?

OK. I was grumpy. I wouldn't be vaping today without him and this place, either.

You'll have me and DC2! :lol: We could start our own website. :sneaky:

I can't tell anyone else what to do. I just won't do it myself. Really, I won't join FB for my own reasons. If you do, more power to you! (You sure as heck better report back to us what you see.)

Start our own website! :w00t: Not if I'd I have to be a mod. They do a bang-up job and I don't envy them. Don't always agree with them but they do the best they can under the circumstances.

Yeah, Oliver/ECF. :wub:

Yeah, I've been slacking on my FB duties... sorry about that. I had to stop going to the We Are CASAA group for awhile because every time I was there I would see posts that would make me furious. I can only take so much small mindedness and mob mentality.

I don't blame you in the least. Glad I'm spared the bulk of it. It's depressing enough without having to hear the trivial BS going on.

I go here Animal Adventure Park Giraffe Cam - YouTube to chill out. Not sure she's ever going to give birth to that stubborn calf but it has kept my mind off of things for since my father took up gymnastics. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013