10c4e552f0cb15c4b8bab7defc0e8502.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

b2168024b08199df8dd7404a8ef19e7f.jpg

These are just the foods that cause him inflammation. I keep the reference card in my wallet.

wcyJQHb.jpg

On top of that he's allergic to milk and wheat and seemingly off and on with eggs.

Until they can knock off the masquerade and put real ingredients on a label, I'm completely opposed on labeling anything else in the manner food labels are enforced.

But once you don't need an advanced degree in biology and chemistry to buy a hot pocket and some milk, they should be everywhere.

All we need is the FDA and our legislators to reverse their rectal cranial inversion and get their hands out of the pockets of big business.

And start locking up anyone involved in putting big business employees on the committee's that are supposed to be overseeing these industries at the FDA.

THEN THROW AWAY THE KEY!

Sounds simple, right? :blink:

Tapatyped

Thank you for responding, nicely said. What a nightmare to keep track of. Hopefully he will outgrow most, if not all of those. My brother had a long list but now is down to "only" a couple.

Agreed about the listings. I have to read anything new that I'm going to buy/eat and after reading it I'm still not sure what all I'm ingesting.

Then there's the dog's allergy, oats, and all those labels to read.

I have to put here that I signed because my memory is terrible. I may have done it twice.

Thank you! :thumbs: Like Matttiem said, better to sign twice than not at all.

I think AEMSA's issue with WTA boils down to: they don't know how they're extracting it, or what they're using, so they don't know if it may be hazardous.

That's just my interpretation though.

As for labeling, I understand the allergy thing even though I don't have any myself. The problem is, are we going to hold this industry to a higher standard than virtually every other industry out there? On top of that, there is the issue that most "manufacturers" of e-liquid are really mixers of e-liquid using ingredients manufactured by someone else. So, if I mix vanilla surprise and to me it includes vg, pg, nic, tfa vanilla and tfa apple. Do I know what the ingredients of tfa vanilla and tfa apple are? Even if I did know them, am I legally able to disclose them? There's also the issue of my recipe being a trade secret, do I have to list that it's tfa vanilla or can I just list vanilla flavoring?

I get, now, AEMSA's apparent thinking on the WTAs.

Something like peanuts is a common allergy these days. If they use peanut extract, say so. How the heck is some parent supposed to know their kid might go into anaphylaxis shock from a bottle of juice labeled Bigfoot Poop? If McDonald's secret sauce contained peanuts, they'd have to say so. I do get that writing out the whole list of ingredients on a tiny bottle isn't practical either. There just needs to be a way for people to protect themselves.

When it comes to WTA's my personal feeling is that is some of the addictive chemicals in cigarettes that I had such a hard time getting passed the withdrawals. I never tried them and never will but that is just my personal feelings and opinion on them.

Agree.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
writing out the whole list of ingredients on a tiny bottle isn't practical either.

[emoji38]

Encyclopedia Britannica meet 10 ml bottle. :blink:

Free small size joose with every ingredient list purchase.*

*While supplies last. Not applicable with any other offer. Excludes sale items. See store for details.

Suicide bunny ingredient list special offer...

il_340x270.887449695_s417.jpg

:blink:

Somebody already used all the juice.

Sorry. That line tickled my funny bone, obviously.

Tapatyped

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
[emoji38]

Encyclopedia Britannica meet 10 ml bottle. :blink:

Free small size joose with every ingredient list purchase.*

*While supplies last. Not applicable with any other offer. Excludes sale items. See store for details.

Suicide bunny ingredient list special offer...

il_340x270.887449695_s417.jpg

:blink:

Somebody already used all the juice.

Sorry. That line tickled my funny bone, obviously.

Tapatyped
and yours tickled mine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

still 60,728

That baby beaver is way beyond cute FT :wub:

0cc4b317c44279414c3c96f8a103416b.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:(

I'd forgotten about Suicide Bunny. :facepalm:

ditto2.jpg

baby polish frizzle chicken struttin' its stuff :D

That little birdie's definitely got 'tude. :lol: Cursory look, husband's got the day off and being a pest, all I really came up with was this.

2b7ef27ec43e387fc764e77115dc29ca.jpg

Reminds me of us vs. FDA.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:yawn:

Fun fact.

The great Dane and the pug are both mastiffs.

But the great Dane only has a life expectancy of about 4 years.

One major reason we've just about settled on an English mastiff as our next dog.

Tapatyped

Great Danes are wonderful dogs but their lifespan is so short I'd always be in mourning. :cry:

I foresee you posting many puppy pictures here in the near future. :)

english-english-mastiff-puppies-for-sale-breed.jpg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
:yawn:

Great Danes are wonderful dogs but their lifespan is so short I'd always be in mourning. :cry:

I foresee you posting many puppy pictures here in the near future. :)

english-english-mastiff-puppies-for-sale-breed.jpg

Beautiful stance.

Potential show dog for sure.

Nice find!

Tapatyped

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Fun fact.

The great Dane and the pug are both mastiffs.

But the great Dane only has a life expectancy of about 4 years.

One major reason we've just about settled on an English mastiff as our next dog.

Tapatyped

I didn't know that about Great Danes. I have always thought I would love to have one but like FT I too would always be in mourning. 13 to 17 years isn't long enough for me, 4 years would break my heart.

Mattie has blessed me with her presence for 9 years so far and she was grown when she came to live with me. She was a rescue so we really don't know how old she was when she was abandoned but just guessing we guessed she was at least 2 years old but could have been older. Hopefully she will be with me for bunches more years.

I think she will be my last dog. I really think Mattie's first human was a forever friend but I think something happened to that person and there was no one to take a pregnant dog so she got thrown away. (Breaks my heart to even think about what she went through before being rescued). At my age I won't do that to a fur friend so have decided I will just love Mattie the best I can for as long as I can and when she is gone there will be no more.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

I didn't know that about Great Danes. I have always thought I would love to have one but like FT I too would always be in mourning. 13 to 17 years isn't long enough for me, 4 years would break my heart.

Mattie has blessed me with her presence for 9 years so far and she was grown when she came to live with me. She was a rescue so we really don't know how old she was when she was abandoned but just guessing we guessed she was at least 2 years old but could have been older. Hopefully she will be with me for bunches more years.

I think she will be my last dog. I really think Mattie's first human was a forever friend but I think something happened to that person and there was no one to take a pregnant dog so she got thrown away. (Breaks my heart to even think about what she went through before being rescued). At my age I won't do that to a fur friend so have decided I will just love Mattie the best I can for as long as I can and when she is gone there will be no more.
My mother is the same way.

Retired nurse.

Now dedicates her time to the Veterans form of the moose club. (Foggy brain, it'll come to me when it's useless.) Women's auxiliary.

But when she loses a fur/finned/feathered kid... you can't drag her out of her room for days for fear everyone is going to see her crying.

Me? I've been through too much to react that way.

Doesn't mean I don't care, though.

I just handle things differently.

Besides, your kind can really use my kind when it comes time. ;)

Tapatyped

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My mother is the same way.

Retired nurse.

Now dedicates her time to the Veterans form of the moose club. (Foggy brain, it'll come to me when it's useless.) Women's auxiliary.

But when she loses a fur/finned/feathered kid... you can't drag her out of her room for days for fear everyone is going to see her crying.

Me? I've been through too much to react that way.

Doesn't mean I don't care, though.

I just handle things differently.

Besides, your kind can really use my kind when it comes time. ;)

Tapatyped
I totally agree that my kind really does need your kind and I wouldn't have you any other way. It really does take both kinds to keep us on a somewhat even keel. Fortunately my hubby is a LOT like you so we compliment each other.

PS: He was a truck driver up until both he and I retired. We had a very small trucking company. He drove the truck and I did everything else to keep the truck rolling :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread