FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

5564624544_a76920bf71_b.jpg

61,099 supporters

Just posted it to a group that gave it a good kick start so lets see how many signatures we get in the next few hours!

Hey @SteveS45, I'm sorry I forgot this last night. I don't think @retired1 has been around lately. I haven't either so that's not saying much. :( There is a thread somewhere to report problems with ECF and to get help with them. I think you said you'd posted there, but in case you hadn't... I experienced your problem (frustrating) but refreshing the page fixed it. I have enough computer problems going on right now that even if I hated you (I do adore you :wub:), I'd feel sorry for you. Maybe someone that can stay online longer than I can at the moment can direct you to the link. Thank you for all you do here, you make a huge impact. :nun:

I liked this one for the Elephant story ---- but thumbs down on the computer problems :(

Their elephant story/video was the most comprehensive I saw in between computer crashes. Another story said the elephant was greeted back to terrafirma by animal rescuers. That's awesome and made me :cry:. So nice to read a happy story.

On the other hand, today NOAA said they were suspending rescues of whales trapped in fishing gear because one rescuer was killed. I don't believe for a minute that's what this man would have wanted. Joe Howlett was a hero, not a term I take lightly, and those of us that love nature owe him a great debt of gratitude. Ashamed I'd never heard of him before he died. NOAA Halts Whale Disentanglement Efforts After Rescuer Dies

Coulda' just sent in a flock of crows.... ;)

dumbo-latest.png

Hope you get the new machine set up soon, FT!

I'm sure the elephant would have been happier too. :lol:

Computer problems. The new one worked downloading updates for nearly 24 hours then said, "Oops, didn't work, deleting everything." :grr: It did. :grr: :censored: Currently it's reloading them. If it works I'll run @DavidOck 's program to get rid of the social media junk and hopefully be up and running again. Anybody remember when it took less than half an hour to set up a new computer? What the hell is up with the new stuff?

Quitting while I'm ahead. Go Steve! :thumbs:

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Darn FuDA!!

c52b9af850a4752c88a2f02ca879748e--hard-at-work-writers.jpg

Computer problems. The new one worked downloading updates for nearly 24 hours then said, "Oops, didn't work, deleting everything." :grr: It did. :grr: :censored: Currently it's reloading them. If it works I'll run @DavidOck 's program to get rid of the social media junk and hopefully be up and running again. Anybody remember when it took less than half an hour to set up a new computer? What the hell is up with the new stuff?

Yeah, we didn't have to upgrade the OS on initial install "back then." Win10? The version out of box is likely a version or so behind, so it needs to update.... and even if there are no problems at their end, you d/l speed will have an impact. :(

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Yeah, we didn't have to upgrade the OS on initial install "back then." Win10? The version out of box is likely a version or so behind, so it needs to update.... and even if there are no problems at their end, you d/l speed will have an impact. :(
My new one tells me every couple of days that updates are available but so far I have been putting them off. I love playing Mahjong. It was a game included in the win 7 package but win 10 doesn't support it. Hubby managed to get it on this computer though. From all he read if I do the updates they will wipe it out and will prevent being able to reinstall it.

From all I can tell I don't need no stinkin' updates if it is gonna do that :D

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

99_Exercise_Wheel.jpg

The next time a baby falls down a well they will suspend all baby rescuing operations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fair's fair. :sneaky:

Darn FuDA!!

c52b9af850a4752c88a2f02ca879748e--hard-at-work-writers.jpg

Yes, ( :censored: ) Win 10. We're not getting along. Yet. However, I did say I wanted a computer that I didn't mind burning if there was a fire. :oops: There are up sides to it, just haven't found them yet. Still working on the one with the fried fan. Works if you sit it on an ice pack or bag of frozen veggies. This had to happen in the middle of summer? :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Users who are viewing this thread