petition needs your signature

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
@FT, WE HAVE ALL THE SMOKE HERE!
We couldn't see any mountain ranges around us and we're only 1 mile away! I replaced 2 detectors out of 6 today because they had wildfire smoke overload, Plus they're past due. You would think all the smoke would go to Anna's in AZ but no, it had to take the scenic route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

I can do video but not pictures? @DavidOck, drag it? I didn't have to do that with Win 7. How do you do it? :blink: bing is really starting to get me POed and will get Chrome as soon as things calm down. Not sure if that will help with this problem.

Left click on your "source" and hold the button down. Drag to your "destination" and let go of the button.

Yah, not a Bing-er either. Mickey has always had, uh, issues, with web browsers....

If you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks, power and/or internet connection is down. I've deliberately not mentioned it on the porch but if someone eventually asks, @DavidOck or @mattiem, could you please mention it? It would be much appreciated. :wub:

You betcha! Stay safe!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
"Chase your dreams and or food"
Food for thought on "chasing your dreams" from Mike Rowe...
:)

It's a different kind of perspective from what you usually hear, and worth listening to.
Feel free to Google up some more of his videos, including testimony to Congress.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Food for thought on "chasing your dreams" from Mike Rowe...

It's a different kind of perspective from what you usually hear, and worth listening to.
Feel free to Google up some more of his videos, including testimony to Congress.
Good read besides Kennedy's voice. Sounded like nails on a chalkboard!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Dirty-Jobs-in-Saigon.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

url

Ahhhhhhhh!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...nVAhUE-2MKHQZcCT0QMwiSASgDMAM&iact=mrc&uact=8

Left click on your "source" and hold the button down. Drag to your "destination" and let go of the button.

Yah, not a Bing-er either. Mickey has always had, uh, issues, with web browsers....

You betcha! Stay safe!!

How the bloody 'ell do you drag and drop from one tab to another? I'll update to chrome as soon as I can as soon as the current disaster has passed. Otherwise we're dealing with it and still at home, thank you to small miracles.

Where the hell is @Lessifer ? Did someone give him permission to go AWOL? :grr: Hope all is well with you and yours. :wub:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada

url

Ahhhhhhhh!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...nVAhUE-2MKHQZcCT0QMwiSASgDMAM&iact=mrc&uact=8

How the bloody 'ell do you drag and drop from one tab to another? I'll update to chrome as soon as I can as soon as the current disaster has passed. Otherwise we're dealing with it and still at home, thank you to small miracles.

Where the hell is @Lessifer ? Did someone give him permission to go AWOL? :grr: Hope all is well with you and yours. :wub:
You forgot to chew gum when you click and drag the pic to another tab.
Happens to me all the time, don't worry.[emoji16]

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

url

The way I do it is minimize both windows. That way I can see a part of each window. I click on the message box to put my cursor there (I don't know it this step is actually necessary but do it anyway). Then click on the file manager window to bring it to the front. Find the picture I want then click and hold the left button on it then drag to the message box. Let go of the button and it should be there as a thumbnail so you have to click on full size image button.

Hopefully that was a bit clearer than mud :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
e5d8ae6d0ba1d115ab9664c2a43577cb--smiling-cat-smiling-animals.jpg

Or... since it's a Windows feature, not Bing....

Find the pic you want and RIGHT click it. Copy image. If that doesn't show on a Bing drop down, select the image, Ctrl-c to copy. Go to where you want it to be and Ctrl-v to paste. (Ctrl-p was taken in the dark ages to print ;) )

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Sorry folks, I did go AWOL, nothing bad just busy with work and the kid and wife, and vaping stuff makes me grumpy lately. The Federal stuff, the California stuff. I'm trying not to be disheartened, and I take comfort in the knowledge that I, personally, will be fine, but it all just makes me so angry. I know you all know exactly how I feel.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sorry folks, I did go AWOL, nothing bad just busy with work and the kid and wife, and vaping stuff makes me grumpy lately. The Federal stuff, the California stuff. I'm trying not to be disheartened, and I take comfort in the knowledge that I, personally, will be fine, but it all just makes me so angry. I know you all know exactly how I feel.

Long as you're ok! :thumb:

Yeah, a lot of us here are in the same "condition" - prepped for 20+ years and fearing we're right!

cje45.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/videos/firefighters-rescue-small-dog-house-fire

Read the story, note the Girl Scouts, humiliated I can't do better at the moment :(, busy tracking the fire, which looks more promising today. :)

Thank you @mattiem and @DavidOck for the tips. If things remain quitter tomorrow, not really likely, I'll try to give it a whirl. I'm an old dog and don't like new tricks. :grr: I can eventually adapt, I just don't like to. Call me grumpy, I don't care. The old way worked so much better. :pervy:

I haven't kept up but have browsed on occasion and if frustrates me. I used to care immensely about those that smoked and hadn't found vaping. Today, anybody that smokes and doesn't know about vaping is out of touch with reality. It is a tragic shame but they aren't paying attention. I'm losing sympathy but perhaps I've become calloused, I hope not.

Some, many, of the laws being passed (especially here), are insane. A smoking/vaping flavor ban? How about a flavor ban on vodka, vitamins, condoms, etc? May not help you, you're a saint, but I've tried to care a less emotionally and focus on the technical side. Not working out well since I'm not on here that much due to health/fire issues but it does give me a minimal amount of peace of mind.

Hang in there, you're one of the top orators here, don't let that flame die. You don't have to carry all the weight but people do listen when you post, even if they vehemently disagree. The upside is that if they disagree, they don't have a leg to stand on. :D I've read some of it, they don't.

It is okay to take break, when you come back people take notice. When you do take break, pop in with a couple of likes on this thread to let us know you are okay and all is good. We do worry about you and your family. BTW, what I wanted to give you is on the evac list. :lol: You may have to come and retrieve it. :sneaky:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Firefighters rescue small dog from house fire

Read the story, note the Girl Scouts, humiliated I can't do better at the moment :(, busy tracking the fire, which looks more promising today. :)
:wub:

Thank you @mattiem and @DavidOck for the tips. If things remain quitter tomorrow, not really likely, I'll try to give it a whirl. I'm an old dog and don't like new tricks. :grr: I can eventually adapt, I just don't like to. Call me grumpy, I don't care. The old way worked so much better. :pervy:
I just found out about the drag and drop a few months ago and now I wonder how I managed without it. Hang in there sweetie...even this old dog who doesn't care to learn new tricks picked up on this one quick. :D

I haven't kept up but have browsed on occasion and if frustrates me. I used to care immensely about those that smoked and hadn't found vaping. Today, anybody that smokes and doesn't know about vaping is out of touch with reality. It is a tragic shame but they aren't paying attention. I'm losing sympathy but perhaps I've become calloused, I hope not.
Perhaps I have too because I am beginning to feel the same way.

Hang in there, you're one of the top orators here, don't let that flame die. You don't have to carry all the weight but people do listen when you post, even if they vehemently disagree. The upside is that if they disagree, they don't have a leg to stand on. :D I've read some of it, they don't.

It is okay to take break, when you come back people take notice. When you do take break, pop in with a couple of likes on this thread to let us know you are okay and all is good. We do worry about you and your family.
I couldn't agree more with this. Well said :thumbs:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Drag 'n drop has been part of windows since, oh, dang crs, Windows 3.1? As has cut and paste ;) Lots of keyboard shortcuts in the OS, but often we just get lazy and think all has to be mouse clicks ;)

Nice find, FT! Guess the Girl Scouts are good for something other than high priced cookies! :thumbs:

Is it calloused, or burnt out? We've been fighting this "holding action" for years... :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread