Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

2014GapingBabyOnGround.jpg

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
So much for the warranty, eh? Glad it's going to be a (relatively) cheap fix...
Now we're just doing the waiting game for him to come out and fix it.

Our Super on this build is who recommended this guy. Hopefully it will get fixed before Maria.....

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

I am very sorry I've been gone, it wasn't by choice. I've been so sick I wasn't able to even talk to my parents until two days ago. At one point they left me hanging thinking I had brain cancer for six weeks. :cry: I'm not joking when I say I was making plans for dying or, at best, for that I'd never fully recover.

I am finally getting better and sort of doing it our way despite the doctor(s), though one was vital in giving us a hint as to what the problem is. I am starting to totter up and down the street, not far, but at least I am walking a bit. The nerve damage is starting to heal and I'm extremely hopeful. Soon I hope to feel like the corgi puppy above (did you see that "moderator" break up the fun at the end?). :D

Been too sick to check in much but enough to be very, very worried about Les. No word at all from him? Someone needs to get his contact info next time he's on here.

David, what is it I need to run to get rid of all the background stuff on Win 10? Congratulations on the rain, brokenhearted over the Gorge. :cry: If you hear of a lynch mob, please reserve me a spot. :nun:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
61,699 supporters

Sent the Petition to a company advocating for vaping and I received this email this morning.

Thank you Steve! That's the kind of dedication we all need to have. I shared that link with the IVC advocacy group, and will be sure to pass on your message to Ryan! Have a great day!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Odd, Steve. Have had no problems from here. Maybe it's a coastal thing? :lol:

Try clearing your browser cache and dumping any related cookies, may help, won't hurt.

David believe me when I say I have already done that but nothing helps with this except logging out of my account and entering as a guest. Conspiracy maybe?

upload_2017-9-21_10-15-16.png

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I am very sorry I've been gone, it wasn't by choice. I've been so sick I wasn't able to even talk to my parents until two days ago. At one point they left me hanging thinking I had brain cancer for six weeks. :cry: I'm not joking when I say I was making plans for dying or, at best, for that I'd never fully recover.

I am finally getting better and sort of doing it our way despite the doctor(s), though one was vital in giving us a hint as to what the problem is. I am starting to totter up and down the street, not far, but at least I am walking a bit. The nerve damage is starting to heal and I'm extremely hopeful. Soon I hope to feel like the corgi puppy above (did you see that "moderator" break up the fun at the end?). :D

Been too sick to check in much but enough to be very, very worried about Les. No word at all from him? Someone needs to get his contact info next time he's on here.

David, what is it I need to run to get rid of all the background stuff on Win 10? Congratulations on the rain, brokenhearted over the Gorge. :cry: If you hear of a lynch mob, please reserve me a spot. :nun:

OMGoodness FT. It sounds like you have been put through the wringer and hung out wet. I am thrilled to hear that you are finally getting a handle on what is causing you so much trouble though.

I personally decided a very long time ago that most doctors are incompetent and just want to hand you a handful of medications that in most cases do more harm than good in the long run. I hope that isn't what happened to you. I had to get a new one a couple of months ago because the one I had for years retired. I had her well trained to the fact that I refuse to take most of the medications they tend to put most folks on.

Now I am having to train another one. He called in a prescription for cholesterol meds without even discussing it with me. Had he done so he would have known I will not take it. He wanted to put me on Prolia infusions for weak bones. That stuff is like playing russion roulette and I refuse to play that game with my health. I prefer taking my chance of breaking bones than taking a chance of basically ruining what's left of my life with that chemical cocktail.

Seems to me like too many doctors are in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies but I could be wrong about that. It could very well be that they just don't know any better. My new doctor will learn though when it comes to my health and well being he is just the hired help. I will treat him kindly but firmly.

Like you, I am getting concerned about @Lessifer Hopefully he will check in soon. It has been a whole month since he has been on ECF :(

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I am very sorry I've been gone,

We were, too! Glad to have you back, and glad to hear you're on the mend!!

David, what is it I need to run to get rid of all the background stuff on Win 10?

This is what I've used on our Win10 machines:
New O&O ShutUp10 Version available

David believe me when I say I have already done that but nothing helps with this except logging out of my account and entering as a guest. Conspiracy maybe?

View attachment 687319

Sounds like whatever page you have bookmarked for entry has something wrong in it, i.e. that specific page isn't anywhere any more. Try saving a new link? (Although I log off when I'm done, just have the main page bookmarked, so obviously don't know what's going on for you...)

Like you, I am getting concerned about @Lessifer Hopefully he will check in soon. I has been a whole month since he has been on ECF :(

:nun:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I am very sorry I've been gone, it wasn't by choice. I've been so sick I wasn't able to even talk to my parents until two days ago.
I'm going to say a prayer or two for your continued improvement.
I just hope God knows who FlamingoTutu is.
:)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

View attachment 687319

Steve, that just sucks! Sorry you are still having those problems, hope David has hit on the fix.

OMGoodness FT. It sounds like you have been put through the wringer and hung out wet. I am thrilled to hear that you are finally getting a handle on what is causing you so much trouble though.

I personally decided a very long time ago that most doctors are incompetent and just want to hand you a handful of medications that in most cases do more harm than good in the long run. I hope that isn't what happened to you. I had to get a new one a couple of months ago because the one I had for years retired. I had her well trained to the fact that I refuse to take most of the medications they tend to put most folks on.

Now I am having to train another one. He called in a prescription for cholesterol meds without even discussing it with me. Had he done so he would have known I will not take it. He wanted to put me on Prolia infusions for weak bones. That stuff is like playing russion roulette and I refuse to play that game with my health. I prefer taking my chance of breaking bones than taking a chance of basically ruining what's left of my life with that chemical cocktail.

Seems to me like too many doctors are in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies but I could be wrong about that. It could very well be that they just don't know any better. My new doctor will learn though when it comes to my health and well being he is just the hired help. I will treat him kindly but firmly.

Like you, I am getting concerned about @Lessifer Hopefully he will check in soon. It has been a whole month since he has been on ECF :(

I agree with you on the doctors. I have a good, excellent, vascular surgeon. She fixed me up very well once and will do it again this year after the problem reoccurred. (Smashed my knee when I was 15, had a lot of pain in it until she vacuumed out the artery. My knee hurt so much during surgery that I woke up. Pain in knee was gone for the first time in 40+ years after I re-awoke from surgery.) She believes the problem with that leg is because I smoke, but none of the other medical professionals do. Not one. :blink: I don't care what she believes because she is otherwise a highly respected vascular surgeon who will fix me without injuring me.

I've I had a lot of problems with medications. I'm fine with one from one maker but switch me to another and there are severe problems. I've come to the conclusion that it's the "fillers" in the meds that make me sick, not the active ingredient. My GP gets that and works with me on it. It scares the hell out of me that if we move, I'll have to find a new doctor. :cry:

"Seems to me like too many doctors are in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies but I could be wrong about that." You're not wrong. I had to see a different doctor one time at the clinic when mine was busy. He kept me waiting forever while he was on the phone with a PB rep. I know because I could hear the conversation through the wall. I had come in because of a bad bladder infection but he pronounced it, no exam/no tests, to be a vaginal infection and prescribed whatever that I never picked up. Got an appointment with my doctor and the other one was fired. I wasn't the only one that had happened to. :grr: The doctor got a job in another state. Wonder how many people he's killed.

I'll stop now but blowing off some steam about these :censored: has been very therapeutic and I don't mean that as a joke. It all really dovetails right in there with how the whole vaping thing has been demonized. :-x

We watched A Billion Lives last night, bought it through Amazon video though it can be rented also. Very well worth the watch. My brain is nowhere near alert so will have to watch it a couple more times.

We were, too! Glad to have you back, and glad to hear you're on the mend!!

This is what I've used on our Win10 machines:
New O&O ShutUp10 Version available

Sounds like whatever page you have bookmarked for entry has something wrong in it, i.e. that specific page isn't anywhere any more. Try saving a new link? (Although I log off when I'm done, just have the main page bookmarked, so obviously don't know what's going on for you...)

:nun:

Thank you, thank you! Have chrome installed but can't find my note with the name of that link on it. Hopefully soon I can post pictures again, though the video busted me up.

Such a relief to finally be recovering, it seems, instead of sicker every day. Husband had to stay home for two weeks on that family emergency leave thingy. It is embarrassing to be that sick when you've been so independent since you were two years old.

I'm going to say a prayer or two for your continued improvement.
I just hope God knows who FlamingoTutu is.
:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wub:

Thank you for the laugh, it was much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread