Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Photo129.jpg Photo114#2.jpg Photo136.jpg

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
This is going to be loooong.... but I love to talk about my pets. :)

Here's Coco, a rescue and one of the sweetest and most incredibly intelligent dogs I've ever known. Like, scary smart. I think she's smarter than me, but that's not hard to do. :) Mr. Doom found her when he was working in an impoverished area. She was sickly thin, had a respiratory infection, and was drinking out of a nasty litter-filled retention pond. He'd seen her for a couple of days, and had been bringing her food. The third day, he saw some kids kicking her. One of them said he was going to "feed her" to his fighting dog. My husband walked up and said, "HEY! That's MY dog!" and the boys backed off, and he took her home. This man used to hate dogs and told me he'd never want one in the house. I was thinking I'd never change his mind. Now, she's always at his side and he adores her. She's happy, healthy, and we couldn't have asked for a more loyal dog.

008.jpg

This is Wicket, although the kids renamed her Velveteen. As Star Wars fans, Mr. Doom and I absolutely refuse to go with the new name, so we still call her Wicket. Poor little confused bunny. :) My aunt was walking her dog in the park and found this bunny wandering around. She knew it was a domesticated bunny, so she brought it home. I had just released my squirrels (I rescued two babies after the '04 hurricanes) so I had supplies, and she offered me the bunny. The first thing I said was "no". I had been cleaning squirrel poop for months and I wanted a break. But... once the family heard about it, I was overruled. I'm glad they talked me into it, though, because she has been an awesome little bunny. She's sweet and lovey, and comes when you call her, like a puppy. When we took her in, she was so scrawny that her hip bones and spine jutted out of her paper-thin skin. We've fattened her up and now she's one healthy little girl.

iPhone 118.jpg

I'm trying to find pics of the cats but I think I'm going to have to raid the kids' iPods for those. They have a TON of pet pics. :) To be edited....

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I love labs. Beautiful dogs with great personality. Growing up, I had a lab/great dane mix. She topped the scales at 110lbs.

Yes labs are my favorite breed. She is full of personality, if I wait too long to walk her she will go for a high value target to get me up off my ..... She will grab my clothes, wallet, cell phone, anything she knows will get me up to take it away from her. She figures he's half way out the door now because a body in motion tends to stay in motion. I know it's about to happen because she starts to look around with an evil look in her eyes and mischief in her heart. She is very funny and smart and impossible not to love.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
No teeth Abbie (3 teeth) :lol: doing what she dose best except beg for food. From the pic you can see Abbie gets what Abbie wants.:lol::lol: Darn I need a camera or a better phone.
573B5B87_zps839b59e3.jpg

Felecia Doing her best. Her and Marcie have the paint off the heater from standing on it to look out the window. Nothing gets past the girls.
B9E4DF37_zps51e3ff33.jpg

Marcie My Victor (innocent as the driven snow) :lol: If I had a favorite shes the one.
D9E881CE_zpsae5d6877.jpg

My Girls are all from rescues.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I'll have to take a new pic of Jake. He's getting pretty darn round. The only time he moves at all is when he hears food hit his bowl or the lid come off the treat jar. I've been trained....
:lol: no hiding the fact my girls know how to sucker mom out of treats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread