PG/VG confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilredthing

Feb 2, 2017
Hey! So I'm new to vaping and was just sold a Uwell Crown II tank with the Eleaf iStick Power... I'm super confused as to how most of this works but my main question is why the 50/50 juices that I have all choke me and burn my throat... they don't taste bad I just cough a lot.. as soon as i switched back to the 80VG juice i have its all good.. am I doing something wrong or is the 50/50 just supposed to be harsher?

Lilredthing

Feb 2, 2017
So is there any way to successfully vape any of 50/50s I have with with what I'm using? Different coils? Or will I just be dealing with the harshness? I guess this slightly veers off topic but I have a .2 coil right now, and I was experiencing burning and harsh after only a week of use even with the higher VG... I switched to the .5 that came extra and had no problems for a few weeks until i switched back to a new .2 I bought... now I'll still get the burningness out of nowhere.. I never got to try the 50/50s with the .5. sorry super new to all this and wasn't sure if there was a relation between these things

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey! So I'm new to vaping and was just sold a Uwell Crown II tank with the Eleaf iStick Power... I'm super confused as to how most of this works but my main question is why the 50/50 juices that I have all choke me and burn my throat... they don't taste bad I just cough a lot.. as soon as i switched back to the 80VG juice i have its all good.. am I doing something wrong or is the 50/50 just supposed to be harsher?

Hi Lilredthing. Welcome to the ECF.

Doesn't sound like you did Any Wrong to me.

Some people just Can't Handle a Lot of PG in their e-Liquids. I'm one of those People.

If I use e-Liquids that have More than about 30 or 35% PG, I start to get that Cough like you get when you get a Piece of Popcorn stuck in your Throat.

I want a Little PG in my e-Liquids because 100% VG is just Too "Heavy" to vape all the time. And 100% VG e-Liquids Don't carry Flavors as well as e-Liquids that have Some PG in them.

20%PG | 80%VG is a Nice Ratio for Me.

icharus29

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
How much power are you using? In my experience, those disposable coil heads can't handle the same wattage as my DIY coils and wicks. Try backing the wattage down in five watt increments. And as others have stated, the disposable heads only last for a couple of weeks. Maybe less depending on your juice. Could be a combo of too much power with a sensitivity to PG. Welcome to the forums and good luck finding that sweet spot. It's worth the effort.

Reactions: RainSong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread