PG/VG Levels and nicotine %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasim0t0

Feb 11, 2013
Washington State
I have decided to stick with cartomizers due to their long lasting vapability during the day, cause I'm rarely home.

I have an eGO LIKE battery, not exactly an eGO battery but it looks and works all the same I suppose.

Decided to buy order some Boba's Bounty | Alien Vapor e Liquid | e Cigs

What exactly is PG/VG Levels and what would you recommend I set them to along with the nicotine %?

I am looking for minimal to no throat hit, very smooth vaping, large clouds.

And what 510 cartomizers are ideal for said vaping experience?

I apologize if this is alot to ask Im very new lol.

VG is vapor. PG is throat hit. If you want basically no TH, go with 100% VG. (note, some people are allergic to PG just so you know)

Nicotine % is subjective to the person. I puff like an animal all day long on 26mg. That same Nic % and as heavy as I vape would probably cause a lot of people to get a massive headache and a really upset tummy. If you were a 1+ pack a day smoker try 24mg. Less than that go with 18mg. I wouldnt go too much lower unless you were in the 10 cigs a day range or you might end up with some cravings.

I am not a cartomizer person. I enjoy my clearos right now :)

Last edited:

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
Pg is going to give you more flavor, vg it's going to Give you a higher volume of vapor, at the expense of less flavor. I vape at 70/30 pg to vg and enjoy it very much. Throat hit pretty much depends on nicotine level. I was a pack a day smoker for eight years and i started out at 18 mg. I quickly(within a month) went down to 12 mg because i was vaping much more often than i smoked, and was getting light headed. I'm now headed down to 6 mg (after 2 months) and I'm headed toward no nic soon. Hopefully this helped, feel free to ask anything else! And good luck on quitting!

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Pg is going to give you more flavor and more throat hit. However, nic percentage also influences the throat hit, and I find that 15 mg and higher delivers the best nic related throat hit. Personally, I prefer tons of vapor, so I usually go higher on the vg content, and also usually request extra flavor in my juices because of this. There are some juices out there though that give loads of vapor as well as high throat hit even with high vg content and lower nicotine content. Some juices like this are bobas bounty and gorilla juice from alien visions, as well as grey matter from mr e liquids.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Quasi. So I would think that by your description you will be best to order a higher VG ratio in your liquid of choice. Like some where around 60% VG if you have the ability to order it that way. It will be thick, but if you are an aware vaper who can keep your cartomizer saturated you should have no issues.

Essentially VG is smoother, sweeter, and produces more vapor output. PG is a little more harsh( more hit so to speak), carries flavor a little more naturally than VG, and produces less vapor. On your request for little to no throat hit , that depends on few things. First factor is nicotine strength. More nicotine, more hit. Second factor for hit is wattage. The lower the wattage the lower the hit. But lower wattage also will produce less vapor so this you will have to experiment with to find that right spot for you. To experiment with different wattages you will want various ohm loads available in your cartomizer selection. The ohm load range for your eGo type battery is 1.6ohms on up. Most folks dont go higher than 3ohms at eGo voltages. I would suggest single coil caromizers from 1.7ohms to 3ohms. I prefer Boge cartos, but with your Bobas I would suggest trying the smoktech cartos as well(they are a little looser packed) and should have less wicking issues in the long run. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

For low/no throat hit, lower nic levels and VG will do most of it.

Avoid any flavors that give TH as well, like menthol or cinnamon. Think mellow and smooth when choosing flavors, and anything that's described as heavy-hitting, rough, or sharp is probably not going to be to your liking.

If you absolutely require the nicotine, go ahead and use it. It does generate a peppery sort of throat hit, but if you have to have the nic to satisfy your cravings, you have to. :)

Quasim0t0

Feb 11, 2013
Washington State
Hi Quasi. So I would think that by your description you will be best to order a higher VG ratio in your liquid of choice. Like some where around 60% VG if you have the ability to order it that way. It will be thick, but if you are an aware vaper who can keep your cartomizer saturated you should have no issues.

Essentially VG is smoother, sweeter, and produces more vapor output. PG is a little more harsh( more hit so to speak), carries flavor a little more naturally than VG, and produces less vapor. On your request for little to no throat hit , that depends on few things. First factor is nicotine strength. More nicotine, more hit. Second factor for hit is wattage. The lower the wattage the lower the hit. But lower wattage also will produce less vapor so this you will have to experiment with to find that right spot for you. To experiment with different wattages you will want various ohm loads available in your cartomizer selection. The ohm load range for your eGo type battery is 1.6ohms on up. Most folks dont go higher than 3ohms at eGo voltages. I would suggest single coil caromizers from 1.7ohms to 3ohms. I prefer Boge cartos, but with your Bobas I would suggest trying the smoktech cartos as well(they are a little looser packed) and should have less wicking issues in the long run. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Boba's Bounty | Alien Vapor e Liquid | e Cigs

so if i were to order from that website, PG 40% - VG 60%, and 12mg nicotine for the least throat hit and most vapor? ( i was at about 10 cigs a day but i have great self control )

Last edited:

Quasim0t0

Feb 11, 2013
Washington State
Since others already covered pg/vg I will say since you are using an eGo type battery and want loads of vapor to go with a LR carto. Around 1.8ohm should work nicely.

I was thinking 2.5ml Jumbo resurrector 1.7ohm single coil (box of 5)

please do not recommend ressurector cartos. I ordered two 5 packs from ccvaping and nearly half of the cartos in each box were defective. burning out, odd taste, etc.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky

ShayBabe15

Moved On
Jan 29, 2013
See, for me I love the TH.
Sometime it's nice to just have a smooth vape though.
I really like 30PG/70VG. I usually go with 50%/50% though. If you want no TH, just go 100% VG..totally up to you. Experimenting is good, too. Find what fits you best.
As for the nicotine..that totally is up to you. If you crave nicotine, and depending on how much you used to smoke with analongs, if you did smoke that is..Just go from how much you did consume, or less. With me, I used to be a heavy smoker..starting at age twelve. When I started vaping(six months ago) I started out with 36/24mg. Now, I am down to 12-6mg. Anything more knocks me on my ... haha.
So really, it is up to you. If you want that kick, I say 6mg. If not, do none:)

I vape on a 510 Clearo. I don't do Carto's anymore..I think Clearo's have better taste. I never vapes on 510 Carto's so I can't help you out there:/

Hope everything else kinda helps..pretty much everyone will have a similar answer.
Good luck, though:)

Quasim0t0

Feb 11, 2013
Washington State
See, for me I love the TH.
Sometime it's nice to just have a smooth vape though.
I really like 30PG/70VG. I usually go with 50%/50% though. If you want no TH, just go 100% VG..totally up to you. Experimenting is good, too. Find what fits you best.
As for the nicotine..that totally is up to you. If you crave nicotine, and depending on how much you used to smoke with analongs, if you did smoke that is..Just go from how much you did consume, or less. With me, I used to be a heavy smoker..starting at age twelve. When I started vaping(six months ago) I started out with 36/24mg. Now, I am down to 12-6mg. Anything more knocks me on my ... haha.
So really, it is up to you. If you want that kick, I say 6mg. If not, do none:)

I vape on a 510 Clearo. I don't do Carto's anymore..I think Clearo's have better taste. I never vapes on 510 Carto's so I can't help you out there:/

Hope everything else kinda helps..pretty much everyone will have a similar answer.
Good luck, though:)

I see clearomizers being a great option as well actually, thank you for your input!

Where do your order your 510 clearomizers and would would be compatible with my battery?

Its a standard Ego battery, its not a twist so the wattage im not exactly sure of, but Im assuming 1.7-1.8 is what I need?

Im about to order some 100% VG Bobas Bounty actually :) No throat hit for me haha.

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
I see clearomizers being a great option as well actually, thank you for your input!

Where do your order your 510 clearomizers and would would be compatible with my battery?

Its a standard Ego battery, its not a twist so the wattage im not exactly sure of, but Im assuming 1.7-1.8 is what I need?

Im about to order some 100% VG Bobas Bounty actually :) No throat hit for me haha.

Vivi nova from gotvapes, it's the only way to go (;

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread