Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
First, let me say at this time I have no interest in TC or sub-ohm vaping. I have hardware which has served me well for several years, and years of wanting to try whatever the latest craze is, is years in the rearview mirror. Been there, done that (big time).

I use several single 18650 devices, with the ProVari 2.5 being my favorite. And my favorite tank is the Aspire (full size) Nautilus. I vape at 3.8-4.7V, with most coils at 1.8Ω. Historically, I have found the Nautilus BVC coils would last about a week using a 50/50 PG/VG commercially prepared eliquid.

Something seems to have changed when I started DIY'g my own eliquid, and my coils are now only performing satisfactorily for a few days! Maybe I got a bad batch of coils. I have found out of the last 10 coils several which had almost no air draw possible straight out of the box ... but that's a sidetrack, or is it? What has got me bothered is the shortened life of coils which seem to be A-OK in the beginning, but rapidly fade.

Since I'm doing the DIY thing, I can mix just about any percentage PG. So I'm hoping to take a shortcut and ask y'all's opinions. Will a higher PG percentage prolong the life of my coils?

And while I've got your ears: I've seen 'clear' flavoring for things like Coffee, Vanilla, Graham Cracker. The assumption is that these would be easier on the coils too, right? And if so, why oh why aren't there a lot more 'clear' choices available?

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I vape on High or Max VG e-Liquids regularly and never below 70% VG. With my DIY mixes I also have some MAX VG and as high as almost 20% flavorings and I have no problems with coil life using 9 watts up to 101 Watts using TC mode. My flavorings as far as I know do not contain sweeteners and I do not add them. I also do not add any distilled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread