Not open for further replies.

Joey_P

Feb 12, 2013
San Diego
100% vg...........
100% Vg...
So far I prefer all VG,
Serious question for the all-VG crowd:

In the past, I've never really paid much attention to the specific blend ratio in any of the juice I've used. I've probably purchased from a half-dozen or so different vendors (Backwoods Brew, Highbrow Vapor, vaping Monkey, Totally Wicked, and a few others I can't recall) and have just taken whatever they had, trusting them to provide a reasonable formulation. Typical numbers I see range from 50/50 to 70/30 (PG/VG), if they even specify at all beyond calling it a "blend." Never really had a problem, and never gave it a second thought.

This past weekend, I stopped by a new shop in town a few miles from here- I have a thing for supporting local merchants. Bought a 30ml bottle from them, took it home. While dispensing it into a Vision V3, I noticed that this juice seemed a hell of a lot thicker than anything I'd ever seen before. The viscosity was similar to that of room-temperature motor oil, whereas I'm used to juices that have a much more watery consistency.

So I give it a try and... nothing. Hardly any vapor at all, and it seemed to really gum up the atomizer. It's like it wasn't even flowing into the atomizer. This stuff just wasn't doing anything for me at all.

Later, I went to the store's website, and noticed that they offer liquids in both pure VG and 50/50 blend. While at the shop, I didn't specify which one I wanted, and it's not written on the bottle. So I genuinely have no idea what I actually received.

So my question for you folks (or rather, questions) would be:

Does it sound to you like I'm holding a bottle of pure VG juice?

Is this fairly typical?

Do y'all cut this stuff with water or some other dilutant ?

And if not, what on earth are you vaping it in?

73ckn797

Resting In Peace
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Care Freeville
For everyone who vapes 100% VG, have you noticed the flavors arent as deep and rich when compared with PG/VG blends?

I have been reading here on the ECF that VG does mute flavors to a degree. the 50/50 blends that I have tried are good. Plenty of vapor, decent TH and smoother.

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Started with 70pg/30vg but I was coughing up a storm and it was way too harsh on my throat. Went down to 60/40, which was better but I was still coughing - and now I'm at 50/50 which seems to be perfect. After a week of 50/50, I've vaped a little of the 60/40 and it bothered me less, but I know I'll be sticking to 50/50 when I order new juice.

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
100% vg

or

30 pg 70vg

Both are enjoyable. I like the vapor clouds that pour forth.

Serious question for the all-VG crowd:

So my question for you folks (or rather, questions) would be:

Does it sound to you like I'm holding a bottle of pure VG juice?

Is this fairly typical?

Do y'all cut this stuff with water or some other dilutant ?

And if not, what on earth are you vaping it in?

It does sound pretty thick. Without seeing it, you describe pretty close to 100% vg. I vape mine is either a cartomizer with several slots, or my AGA-T2. I do not dilute mine, but have read some do with distilled water.

Last edited:
Hi, First time poster here...

So, is it generally more or less understood that if a vendor does not list the ratio of PG/VG that it's assumed to be 50/50?

I have been buying my e-cig supplies locally but just recently placed an online order with FreedomSmokeUSA. They appear to sell either 'pre-mixed' or 'custom blended' to any PG/VG ratio, strength etc. However after scouring their site and their sub-forums here for 45 minutes trying to determine what 'pre-mixed' means I think they might be 50/50.

I registered here so I could drop them post to suggest putting that info somewhere but apparently I'm stuck in the New Members Forum for now. So am I just a clueless noob and 50/50 is just obvious? I'm generally not a very prolific poster in forums, it's probable that I won't make it out of newbie jail here very soon.

...not that i'm complaining about the spam reduction policy.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

So, is it generally more or less understood that if a vendor does not list the ratio of PG/VG that it's assumed to be 50/50?

I have been buying my e-cig supplies locally but just recently placed an online order with FreedomSmokeUSA. They appear to sell either 'pre-mixed' or 'custom blended' to any PG/VG ratio, strength etc. However after scouring their site and their sub-forums here for 45 minutes trying to determine what 'pre-mixed' means I think they might be 50/50.

I registered here so I could drop them post to suggest putting that info somewhere but apparently I'm stuck in the New Members Forum for now. So am I just a clueless noob and 50/50 is just obvious? I'm generally not a very prolific poster in forums, it's probable that I won't make it out of newbie jail here very soon.

This post in their sub-forum may answer your question:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-question-about-flavor-pg-vg.html#post8181401

Please feel free to join in some of the other threads, or post more questions. You'll be past 5 posts before you know it, and be able to post in their sub-forum too! :)

Sonic

Mariss716

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
WA

Hi and welcome!

You'd have to ask them about their house blend if you don't see it but vendors generally display the ratios, at least any that I have bought from. Most aren't as high as 50/50. More like 80/20, 70/30, 65/35. The reason being is that as many have stated here, VG is thicker and doesn't wick as well. These ratios are made in mind as an optimal balance for the "average" (non-ECF vapaholic) user's equipment - voltage and resistance-wise. You may prefer a different blend as you develop preferences. Many vendors allow you to chose PG/VG, as it's a matter of calculation on their end, but also more time-consuming as they can't make big batches but must make juices to order. Mt Baker Vapor would be an example, they give LOTS of choice for every flavor.

FreedomSmokeUSA is 50/50 as a Specialty pre-mix though, you are right.

Me, I started out at 50/50 but I find I prefer more flavor and TH over clouds of vapor, although those are fun. Even on my Cobra RBA, a 80/20 blend with extra flavoring can sometimes taste muted to me.

And please do ask questions, make comments or whatever; it's a very welcoming, open and supportive community. You will find yourself crossing that post threshold in no time. I'm not that prolific either but I have enough to say, even if it's just babbling on about my Provari, or about the latest juice I'm vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread