PG & VG - Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
hah.. my bro in law works in a pharmacy and I asked if they carry glycerin, and he asked why and I told him for my e-juice and he replied "I wouldn't smoke that sheit it's a suppository" haha...
but in all fairness since I'm in the medical field also, If you go into a Pharmacy and you ask for stuff like that, they won't know what you are really asking for and your intent so yeah, no point in calling them idiots they are basically doing their jobs. Honestly, just try going to Michael's they sell Wilton glycerin in the baking area or online.

I wasn't referring to people who asked "suppositories?" are idiots? They ARE just idiots in general! Don't know about walmart in your neck of the woods, but around here, they ARE absolute IDIOTS! Even the pharmacists behind the counter -- IDIOTS -- their manager --> him2!

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I wouldn't use Walmart or CVS or Walgreens stuff - just read the label and you'll know why.

I've found LorAnn's glycerine to be tops with vapor and consistency.

Mix it with distilled water and grain alcohol (Everclear) and a little ethyl maltol and you have intellicig.com's ECOpure :thumb:

Glycerine
https://www.lorannoils.com/p-9017-glycerine-natural.aspx

Everclear
Buy Wine Online, Fine Wines, Wine Gift Baskets, Red & White Wines, Online Wine Store - WineChateau

Ethyl Maltol
Ethyl Maltol - 2.5 ml vial

The problem with ordering some of this stuff online is extra price paid for shipping:

Everclear $14.49
FEDEX Ground shipping $ 16.88

Btw, isn't 190-proof alcohol illegal in some states like CA?

0xDeadC0de

Dec 24, 2010
Colorado
I know this is an old thread, but it and others like it helped me find some VG locally. Thank you all!

I was on my last bit of mixed liquid and had no more base on hand to mix up a batch with.
First starting with 54mg/ml from EA, I cut the strength down to 36mg/ml and put into a 30ml bottle with a dropper.. Then I mix up 10ml batches at different strengths from the 30ml bottle (Recently it's been at 18mg/ml) that lasts a few days. Obviously a good supply of either pg and/or vg to do all of this mixing with is required.

Rite Aid first, all they had were suppositories.. Even had a pharmacist helping me look for an OTC bottle. Then went to Walmart this morning, and located a bottle of the Humco Glycerin :banana: in the first aid section. A gallon of distilled water. Total of $4.05usd. It tastes fine, I have no problems with it. I've been using nearly pure VG juice for about a month now, and have no trouble (Although, it's very hard "stealth vape"). The only PG in it is in the flavorings.

Total of 177ml of glycerin, 1 gal of water from walmart: $4.05..
60ml of pre mixed water and glycerin (~85%g 15%w) from an un-named supplier: $7.99..
You do the math. :facepalm:

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
This doesn't say USP is it the same? Is it safe to use? It would be great if it is because it's the cheapest I have seen so far.

Nm I found my answer and I'm not going to chance it.

It is USP. I have been using it for 2 years with no ill effect. I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread