ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
5/6
Worried

Uh oh... I feel a rant coming on.

I am sick sick SICK of stupid people. They read a blog post (and this rant will become a blog post) or see a video of someone blowing clouds, and run out and grab the cheapest mod they can find and the cheapest battery they can find and three foot of wire to stuff into the cheapest atty they can find along with a bottle of 24 nic...

If the mod doesn't explode, and they don't die of nicotine poisoning, they take a video of themselves and start the cycle all over again.

I'm a member of a few Facebook groups, and a recurring question is "what build is good for chucking clouds?" No thoughts of battery safety. No testing on an ohm meter. No knowledge of steam engine or coil toy.

I've seen pics of coils so nasty I would throw away the wire and light a cigarette before I would tuck it in my mod. I've seen dual 18650 unregulated boxes with no mosfet, and unmatched ICR batteries and builds that I'm sure would come in around .3ish...

Normally, I would say that this is Darwinian selection at work, but the first time an injury occurs... the nanny state will kick in and cause problems for all of us.

Do these idiots a favor when you see them, and educate them. Do it for them. Do it for yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread