The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pharaoh RDA by Rip Trippers

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by rexxar31, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rexxar31

rexxar31 Full Member

Jan 10, 2017
    I am looking at this RDA for quite a while now. I am deciding if I will buy this RDA or not. Anyone can share their experiences on this RDA?

Acer50 likes this.
  2. Acer50

Acer50 Super Member ECF Veteran

The best by far IMHO is the Ijoy limitless RDA. It has by far become my favorite tank. The best features I like is that you can buy a whole heap of various decks for it as accessories and your builds are limited to your imagination.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. rexxar31

rexxar31 Full Member

Jan 10, 2017
    nice! Thanks for an awesome reply. I have the Limitless RDTA Plus by iJoy and I think it is a pretty good RDTA. I just want to experience building and using an RDA that's why I am looking at this atomizer.

4. mongo74

mongo74 I'm your huckleberry. Verified Member

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Pros:
    1) center air flow...great for both single and dual coils
    2) spring loaded clamps make it super easy to install coils
    3) juice well that you can partially close after filling...it's not a massive juice well, so no worries there
    4) fantastic flavor...it really shines single coil at middle of the road wattages.

Cons:
    1) uneven clamps with single coils...they're a little off center when you install a single coil
    2) screw down cap. but that can be a pro, it's really subjective...
    3) some people have experienced seepage from the seam at the bottom of the tank near the air flow

Wick it right, and you have an awesome little pseudo RDTA. Great flavor, great air flow for those clouds, I really can't complain.

5. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    This is not, technically, an RDA. It is closer to an RDTA (as others have pointed out by comparing it to the Limitless line). You wouldn't want to drip on this tank. The eliquid dropped into the top could easily go right down the air slots. For a first RDA, consider something like a Velocity or Troll V2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    A Goon clone from FastTech would be a really good first RDA. It's 24 mm though, so make sure your mod is at least 24 mm wide. An SXK Kennedy 24 mm clone from FastTech is another great RDA.

Goon Clone
    SXK Kennedy 24 Clone

nocigsnomore likes this.
  7. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Super Member Verified Member

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    Pretty much spot on except for the seeping at the bottom of the afc. It leaks, not seeps. Love the tank but the leaking is nerve wracking.

8. mongo74

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    I have occasional minor seeping, but if it's leaking that badly from there, it might be a damaged o-ring or some unseen damage in the juice well.

Shawn Hoefer and TheTinMan like this.
  9. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    The o-ring was the first thing I replaced. When that didn't work I put a little beefier o-ring on it. Still no luck. It's clearly coming from the bottom side of the AFC ring. Not exactly sure where to go from here. Thinking about sealing the bottom of the AFC ring with some sort of epoxy or something.

10. mongo74

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Maybe a little silicone. Have you tried contacting them? They might replace it for you.

TheTinMan likes this.
  11. mongo74

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    I'd use a silicone food grade/food contact safe rtv gasket maker...think it's inexpensive.

TheTinMan likes this.
  12. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    I won it in a GearBest contest. Not sure if I should contact them or DigiFlavor.

13. mongo74

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Ah, I'd get in touch with Gearbest first.

TheTinMan likes this.
  14. rexxar31

rexxar31 Full Member

Jan 10, 2017
    thanks for the input guys. I also read that there are some leaking issues and the "tilt to drip" method is a con for somebody. I love the black pharaoh but I think I'll try first the Goon or the Velocity. :)

15. mongo74

Supporting member
    Nov 15, 2016
    Ωhmsville
    Goon's awesome. Straight dripper, no muss no fuss.

Check out the Reload as well.

16. Evagelos Skropidas

Evagelos Skropidas New Member

May 30, 2014
    Athens, Greece, Greece
    I have a leaking problem from the seam in the bottom too. Is there a way to take apart the bottom part where the air control ring is? I cant seem to find out how....

17. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    I haven't figured out anything yet. It does ok for about 8 hours and then it poops juice all over the place. All from under the AFC ring.

I've tried a beefier o-ring. Thinking of trying a good grade epoxy.

18. Evagelos Skropidas

Evagelos Skropidas New Member

May 30, 2014
    Athens, Greece, Greece
    Hmmm, where did you try the beefier o ring? I cant remove the afc ring, and I cant remove the base from the deck.... The only o ring I see, is the one on the threads that the top cap threads onto. Are you talking about that o ring?

19. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    That's the one. At the bottom of the threads just above the AFC ring. The beefier o-ring just came out of a Total Hunter Mini rda I had. But it didn't help much and it doesn't give the outside a flush finish. If I get a chance I will take a pic when I get home.

20. Don29palms

Don29palms Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I got my pharaoh rda tonight. I've been making some crazy braided wire. I put a huge coil in this thing and it is awesome. Nice airflow. Great flavor and killer clouds. One drawback is it does get hot fast. It will be a fun RDA to play with for sure.
    20170410_191959.jpg

Eskie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.