Pharaoh RTA 510 connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoxvibe

May 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm already loving it! So I've been happily using my Pharaoh RTA + smok GX350 setup for a little while now and have had almost no issues. However, as I was driving last night, I'd forgotten that I left my vape sitting on top of the storage compartment beside my seat. Naturally, as soon as I began to brake, it tumbled over and fell on the floor. I didn't think much of it at first since it was really just less than a two-foot drop onto carpet, but when I attempted to fire it, the mod read "check atomizer".

So after a long shift at work, the nicotine-deprived me did some troubleshooting and found out the problem is with the deck of the tank. The tank and mod work perfectly fine when I use the velocity-style deck but if I tried using the original Pharaoh deck, it would have a connection issue. I've tried everything I know like bending the slightly misaligned 510 pin back into place, disassembling the deck and cleaning it, installing a different coil build...etc. Would anyone have any knowledge of or solution to this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: tried playing around with the deck to no avail. I'll probably just purchase another one since they're really only about $8-$10 each.

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've tried everything I know like bending the slightly misaligned 510 pin back into place, disassembling the deck and cleaning it, installing a different coil build...etc. Would anyone have any knowledge of or solution to this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome and glad you joined.
You are on the right track, use of an ohm/continuity meter/indicator would work wonders. Might want to walk into a vape store and give the guy behind the counter a beautiful smile, and explain the problem. I guarantee this guy will bend over backward to help you.

Reactions: Eskie

Shoxvibe

May 30, 2017
Vancouver
Welcome and glad you joined.
You are on the right track, use of an ohm/continuity meter/indicator would work wonders. Might want to walk into a vape store and give the guy behind the counter a beautiful smile, and explain the problem. I guarantee this guy will bend over backward to help you.
Seeing as I have no idea what that is, I think it may be best that I take it to a local vape store lol. If a smile doesn't work, I'll hit him with the bambi eyes and he's a goner! :laugh:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm already loving it! So I've been happily using my Pharaoh RTA + Smok GX350 setup for a little while now and have had almost no issues. However, as I was driving last night, I'd forgotten that I left my vape sitting on top of the storage compartment beside my seat. Naturally, as soon as I began to brake, it tumbled over and fell on the floor. I didn't think much of it at first since it was really just less than a two-foot drop onto carpet, but when I attempted to fire it, the mod read "check atomizer".

So after a long shift at work, the nicotine-deprived me did some troubleshooting and found out the problem is with the deck of the tank. The tank and mod work perfectly fine when I use the velocity-style deck but if I tried using the original Pharaoh deck, it would have a connection issue. I've tried everything I know like bending the slightly misaligned 510 pin back into place, disassembling the deck and cleaning it, installing a different coil build...etc. Would anyone have any knowledge of or solution to this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: tried playing around with the deck to no avail. I'll probably just purchase another one since they're really only about $8-$10 each.

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

I have had issues with the deck as well. I found the base of the deck not up to par on my unit. The bottom of the base slides down and there is sometimes movement with the threaded sleeve the deck screws into causing "atomizer short" and fluctuations in the ohm output of the coil. I've been vaping and building for almost a decade so I'm pretty knowledgeable, plus my background is mechanical engineering. I have posted pics of the threaded sleeve movement. Theoretically, the sleeve should be inset within the base, see pics 1&2. However, sometimes the sleeve becomes outset of the base, see pics 3&4. The reason I am saying this is on one occasion I remember the 510 post appearing to be angled off center. When I disassembled the tank the threaded sleeve had moved into a tilted position causing the 510 to be angled off center. This could be the same type of issue you are experiencing. I notified digiflavor/geekvape about the issue and they are sending a replacement base at no charge with verification of authenticity of the tank. Hope this helps and Happy Vaping. I will probably get the Vandy Vape Kylin once they include a fill ring for the black version of the 2nd gen. RTA.

Attachments

• 4724.jpeg
    4724.jpeg
    580.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 4728.jpeg
    4728.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 4721.jpeg
    4721.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 4720.jpeg
    4720.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes getting it fixed at a vape shop (mine has an electronics expert he has performed various acts of wizardry to vape things I've broken, mainly by dropping, he's revived setups I thought were complete goners due to droppage, and he does it with a smile, himself, for free) would be the first option, unless you want to start tearing things apart, which at this point, I would not wish to do, though I'm capable of learning, I'm sure.... But, it's great to have that in my back pocket when needed....

You could also contact the supplier to see if they can warranty it, if it's still under warranty. That could be an option. I'm inclined to think that this would be a simple fix for the right person, but it sounds like you've tried many things, sometimes it's just easier to bring it to your electronics expert.

You do have a lovely smile, I'm sure you could get a vape employee to look at it, I mean many folks in vape shops are working there b/c they love vaping themselves and have some experience also....

Good luck! :)

Anna

Reactions: Shoxvibe

Shoxvibe

May 30, 2017
Vancouver
Thanks for the replies guys! I've got the same issue with the base as Gregodubya so I don't think there's much that anyone can do about it. Lately it's been quite finicky (coil resistance would jump around 0.02-0.05 ohms higher/lower) or more often than not, it would read as atomizer too short. When the tank does work though, I love every moment! I'll probably try contacting Digiflavor to see if I can get a replacement so let's hope!

As for the Kylin, I received mine a few weeks ago and I quite like it as well. No issues whatsoever except I haven't been able to use a build that I would like; since the only coils I have is a spool of fused clapton wire from Geekvape [emoji28]. Even when I wrap it 7 times with 4mm diameter, it reads at 0.11 ohms in dual which is a bit too low for me. Although so far I love single coils a lot, I'd like to find some higher resistance wires to better test my Kylin and see if I could enjoy dual coil builds just as much [emoji16]

Reactions: stols001

Shoxvibe

May 30, 2017
Vancouver
So I've been testing out the Kylin in single coil mode and so far it's been super finicky. It's a bit difficult to get enough wick to prevent leaking but I think that can be fixed if I put in what I think is an absurd amount of cotton lol. Also, the catch-cup on top of the tank (where the drip tip is inserted) collects juice like crazy so from time to time, I get an unpleasant surprise in the form of a mouthful of juice when I inhale. The only temporary solution I have to this is removing the drip tip and wiping the catch-cup with a Q-Tip every now and then. This only seems to happen when I use the 6 ml tank as I've tried using the 2 ml once and I was able to go a whole tank without it happening!

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread