Pharaoh Vape Pen Explodes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
considering the set up he was using there was plenty of room for user error for this to be able to happen. I still hate seeing it happen at all though and wish everyone starting out subing on mechs would have to take a safety class, seriously.
Even with a safety class if the rda unscrews some the battery positive end WILL touch the case on the mod so when you hit the button it is a dead short...
Not exactly the safest piece of hardware. SMPLy dangerous.
Needs a delrin ring on the inside around the 510 connector.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
and I understand it can happen on pseudo-hybrids if you screw certain attys down too tight forcing the pin up....but part of being safe when using PVs like this is to check your equipment for any issues and know all the possible ins/outs of use to help avoid this from happening... but so many users just buy gear with no knowledge of stuff like this and can end up on the news.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
And the danged congressperson on a friggin campaign, trying to show her "constituents" (pharma and tobacco) that she's on their side - telling people to report trouble with e-cigs to the FDA.
HELLOOOO - can I also tell the FDA about the trouble with my Toyota brakes? How about my defective dishwasher? What's the FDA gonna do about that?
Also, I got a staplegun from China and shot myself in the foot with it. Can I tell the FDA? Will they require a $150,000 license to sell stapleguns to protect me?

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Oh but for the shear irony in this congress woman's name. Poetic!

UPDATE 8/4: Congresswoman Debbie Dingell released a statement:

“This is unacceptable. Consumers have a right to know the products they buy are safe and not ticking time bombs that could explode dangerously at any point. We are exploring both regulatory and legislative solutions to this problem to ensure Sgt. Diekman and other consumers have the protections they deserve.

Here we go again with this can of worms again. Zero personal responsibility, the Guberment will save me from myself. Ban all automobiles and unicycle `s NOW. No Microwaves, hot showers, or or toasters for YOU!

I could go on and on and on and on. But I know there are hand holders out there so I wont bother.

Last edited:

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
This is unfortunate! I did a little searching and found a relative of this guy on Facebook. I wrote to him, told him I'm sorry this happened but his relative can learn all he needs to know by joining ECF or at least browsing here.

Michigan politics? Fireworks were banned until a few years ago, now we have every hot dog buying whatever they want, more sales tax revenue to the state, plus the $1000 per year license to sell them. We're creating new jobs here, ya know? :glare: I don't think they mention the rise in fireworks related injuries while they count the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread