Pharaoh wicking!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't own that rda but sometimes watching a few demos and tutorials on YouTube can be helpful in isolating wicking problems, as usually, the reviewer will demonstrate how they do their wicking and seeing it done can be quite helpful. Wicking's definitely (to me) harder than coiling. Good luck, and I hope you are able to resolve your problem. You may want to go to the rda section and see if there's an ongoing thread with this RDA and ask that question there, you may get more helpful answers, even just by perusing the thread.

Best of luck,

Anna

Blyths

Oct 14, 2017
Northern Ireland
What kind of trouble are you having? I have used 3.5 and 4mm coils and honestly it's just a matter of fanning out the cotton ends and dropping them into the juice well. The things wick like crazy for me.
it's at the tails of the wick they just stay saturated as the middle gets dry only get about two pulls of the thing and get a dry hit.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The way I do it is put in a single 3.5mm Clapton coil of about 4 wraps. Pretty low against the airflow. It’s easy to block the airflow with too much coil or wick. The tails of the cotton are quite long, you don’t need a super thick wick though

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
The way I do it is put in a single 3.5mm Clapton coil of about 4 wraps. Pretty low against the airflow. It’s easy to block the airflow with too much coil or wick. The tails of the cotton are quite long, you don’t need a super thick wick though

That could easily be a build on mine except I do use a few more wraps to get a little more resistance. @Blyths You don't have to worry about the wick going all the way to the bottom of the atty. Just so the ends are dangling in the juice. Don't get the wick too tight inside of the coil either. The wick should "drag" against the coils but not pull them out of shape. It's the best way I can explain how tight to make them. Being a bottom fed RDTA there is no need to use the wick to block any juice flow like an RTA where you have downward pressure feeding wicking holes. Everything can be pretty loose. You will know if you get it too loose, it will start spitting at you.

• Informative
Reactions: Blyths
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread