qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Mine's shipping tomorrow, as per GUS :cool:
Yay, my package will be here tomorrow morn! UPS custom cleared it an hour ago in my town. You can expect my review of the Momentous in a day or two. Also will be showing off the new cool tanks.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
All very very neat & clean straight out of the package:
24wvx41.jpg

Loving the MOMENTOUS BASE:
34o8rrr.jpg

Further feedback coming up soon!

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Ah, I specifically requested and got those made. Took me over three months convincing GUS :) And no, no SS tanks. That also took me over a year of convincing against (since the ESTIA. Got PMMA tanks made for it too) ;)
Darn, I think I'll pass :( Oh well. The reason I want the metal tank so bad is that I think the metal tank on the Zest taste at least 2x better than that PMMA tank on the lite. I'm a guy who loves an airy atomizer but if the flavor is not there. What's the point? There is more juice but the zest's flavor is way better than the lite IMHO :D Well, now I have to decide if I want a Flash E-Vapor to get off of my Zest depression :) I know it's not the most beautiful thing in the world. But, I'm a flavor junkie so I can take ugly if the vapor is beautiful :D It's also got an option of metal or PMMA. I don't like stuff decided for me I'm the consumer so I think I pay for that choice ;)

Disclamer: This was posted on another thread, but I also posted on this thread since It relates to this threads atomizer :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I like the taste on the Flashe, but the Phenom is more intense.

You say you have a Lite and want metal tank? I did not find a difference in taste between the PMMA tank vs the metal.

I think its the air that is affecting the taste. The one that had the most taste was the original base but it was a bit more of a tight draw.

I have an extra original base if you'd like.

skin_e1

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I like the taste on the Flashe, but the Phenom is more intense.

You say you have a Lite and want metal tank? I did not find a difference in taste between the PMMA tank vs the metal.

I think its the air that is affecting the taste. The one that had the most taste was the original base but it was a bit more of a tight draw.

I have an extra original base if you'd like.
I have the original and the zest base :) I appreicate your offer though. I agree the draw on the original base was too tight. The zest is perfection in the way of flavor versus airflow. I got rid of the Phenomenon Lite atomizer because the flavor was about 1/2 that of the Zest even with airflow dialed back:) Your probably right. It isn't the tank it's the airflow drowning out the flavor, which makes the momentous even more unacceptable to me. When I owned the Phenomenon Lite I tightened the airflow and it was still not up to the Zest flavor by a longshot. I agree with the Zest's airflow, but I think it's something else that is making the intense flavor from the zest less intense with the Lite. :) I was thinking it could be the PMMA tank. I don't know. I wonder why it was decided to put such a huge airflow on an atomizer with such great flavor when the Phenomenon lite was already available? There are plenty of atomizers out there with more airflow than Momentous but what really does the Momentous bring to the table, since the Zest provides the top 3 of my best flavor and the Phenomenon Lite already provides bigger airflow at the expense of flavor? Yes the airflow can be dialed down, but the Momentous will probably not be the best in airflow or flavor due to increased deck size and the larger chimney that has to accompany it. :(

Thanks for letting me know about the Flash E-Vapor. I guess I must have most of the flavor based atomizers :D Which my bank account will love, but the collector side of me is feeling like :facepalm::cry::cry:

End of rant. Time to move one. :)

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I a
I have the original and the zest base :) I appreicate your offer though. I agree the draw on the original base was too tight. The zest is perfection in the way of flavor versus airflow. I got rid of the Phenomenon Lite atomizer because the flavor was about 1/2 that of the Zest even with airflow dialed back:) Your probably right. It isn't the tank it's the airflow drowning out the flavor, which makes the momentous even more unacceptable to me. When I owned the Phenomenon Lite I tightened the airflow and it was still not up to the Zest flavor by a longshot. I agree with the Zest's airflow, but I think it's something else that is making the intense flavor from the zest less intense with the Lite. :) I was thinking it could be the PMMA tank. I don't know. I wonder why it was decided to put such a huge airflow on an atomizer with such great flavor when the Phenomenon lite was already available? There are plenty of atomizers out there with more airflow than Momentous but what really does the Momentous bring to the table, since the Zest provides the top 3 of my best flavor? Yes the airflow can be dialed down, but the Momentous will probably not be the best in airflow or flavor due to increased deck size and the larger chimney that has to accompany it. :(

Thanks for letting me know about the Flash E-Vapor. I guess I must have most of the flavor based atomizers :D Which my bank account will love, but the collector side of me is feeling like :facepalm::cry::cry:

End of rant. Time to move one. :)

I love "rants" its what brings progess...

I agree, I think that some of us enjoy more subtle liquids and enjoy that subtle wonderful taste. Heat up a flavour and add tons of air it changes , and a lot depending on your tastes.

I have found that most of the BIG air atties that can be dialed down, doesnt really work, at least for me. It just cuts down the amount of air getting to your mouth but the big air still gets in there under the coil and swirls around, again adding to change.

I have found that most of the popular flavours used by low resistance , high air vapers are so strong, and so sweet that it nauseating to me... I put my subtle almost no taste liquids in those high performance atties and no taste.

Im sure there is something to your theory of the ss vs PMMa as far as taste. Thats why some beer drinkers like glass vs alum cans, and why better wines come in glass vs those waxed cardboard boxes. I cant tolerate ice cream that comes on wooden stick or have those wooden spoons.... Its like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Nails on a chalkboard doesnt affect me :)

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
I think they're just trying to cater to everyone's vaping preferences. There are now 3 options for your vaping style, Zest, Lite and now the Momentous. It's no surprise that the Zest has the best flavour, Gennies have had tighter draws and reduced chambers for some time (sat22 etc). I think small vapor chamber and a tighter draw intensifies the flavour which is why the Zest is so good. Lung hitters can use the Lite and now the Momentous.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks Aiolos

Like any good manufacturer you are trying to make us "happy" Im very , very happy with the Zest base, its perfect for me... I wish there was a way to modify my 2 original V1 phenom bases. I would be able to add 2 more complete Phenoms or give them away to special people.

I thank you for all your efforts :)

Reactions: aiolos

skin_e1

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I think they're just trying to cater to everyone's vaping preferences. There are now 3 options for your vaping style, Zest, Lite and now the Momentous. It's no surprise that the Zest has the best flavour, Gennies have had tighter draws and reduced chambers for some time (sat22 etc). I think small vapor chamber and a tighter draw intensifies the flavour which is why the Zest is so good. Lung hitters can use the Lite and now the Momentous.
It makes sense :) I just wish there was a bigger tank for the Zest. For us in the middle of the road Zest users and a Reveal on that "GHOST" mod I was waiting for on the 4th of July :D BTW I got my zest out vaping some tobaccy e-juice just getting my mind blown on the flavor profile :)

Zest User 4LIFE:thumb:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have shot the video, am editing it now. Else I'd've incorporated your thoughts. @Grrrr is right ~ it's about choices. And the Momentous isn't just airier ~ it's pretty flavorful as well. I never owned the v1 or the Zest - so wouldn't know about those two - but this one is very akin to the Lite in flavor ~ however with a higher TH and vapor.

@skin_e1 : The metal tank couldn't possibly add anything onto the VTF. It doesn't matter if you're using an acrylic tank or a SS one.

Reactions: Grrrr

skin_e1

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I have shot the video, am editing it now. Else I'd've incorporated your thoughts. @Grrrr is right ~ it's about choices. And the Momentous isn't just airier ~ it's pretty flavorful as well. I never owned the v1 or the Zest - so wouldn't know about those two - but this one is very akin to the Lite in flavor ~ however with a higher TH and vapor.

@skin_e1 : The metal tank couldn't possibly add anything onto the VTF. It doesn't matter if you're using an acrylic tank or a SS one.
That seems to be the consensus about the metal versus the plastic tank. I can agree with that. I guess it was like Grrr posted :) I wasn't trying to be mean to you or Gus but
It's no surprise that the Zest has the best flavour, Gennies have had tighter draws and reduced chambers for some time (sat22 etc). I think small vapor chamber and a tighter draw intensifies the flavour which is why the Zest is so good.
Well, duh on me :) I'm a flavor chaser so more air scares me flavorwise :) You said the flavor was good but I just can't see how with a bigger deck and chimney :) But to each their own. When I first started buying alot of atomizers I wanted a ton of air. The airier the better. I guess my vape style has changed quite a bit over a year. I just want the best flavor period. Airflow is secondary to a nice flavorful vape. I think there is a fine line between good flavor and an airy draw. I think the V1 nailed it minus the air. The V2 was the perfect compromise between a slight loss in flavor with double the airflow. The Phenomenon lite IMHO compromised flavor for airflow. I know it wasn't intentional but I'm just stating the truth. Plastic tanks are good but a glass/metal tank are great option for that classy look. But you already know my opinions based on our debate on BY Leo:) I just wish Gus would take a consensus (vote) and ask who would prefer what? I know I would get beaten with the airflow :thumbs: but the tank options not so much :) Since there are alot of vapers on this page. I think it's only fair that all of us that buy products have an equal say in the matter:) Not just a few people who in no way represent other's or my vaping style100% :2c::2c:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

John Lydgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread