PhenomenoN our New RBA only from GUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Got the parts in and my FrankenGus is alive! Loving that Artemis switch. The brass switch and the brass accents on the top cap pair well with the Jazz & War tube. I tried taking some pics but my phone's camera is pretty dodgy and they didn't turn out well. I might snap some later with my wife's digital camera and try to do justice to the beauty of this setup.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Got the parts in and my FrankenGus is alive! Loving that Artemis switch. The brass switch and the brass accents on the top cap pair well with the Jazz & War tube. I tried taking some pics but my phone's camera is pretty dodgy and they didn't turn out well. I might snap some later with my wife's digital camera and try to do justice to the beauty of this setup.

Congratulations !!!! I cant wait to see some photos :) I know the Jazz finish is not an easy one to photograph.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I ended up going with the phone's camera anyway. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

d7t8E01.jpg

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Absolutely loving the phenom/momentous! Just about airy enough for me and fantastic flavour. Took a while for the build to bed in but really nice now. Using the new PMMA tank (the Q-tank as I call it). Easy bottom fill and looks the nuts!

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Can you compare the air draw of momentous to PhenomenoN Lite and Lemo or Lemo 2?

Absolutely loving the phenom/momentous! Just about airy enough for me and fantastic flavour. Took a while for the build to bed in but really nice now. Using the new PMMA tank (the Q-tank as I call it). Easy bottom fill and looks the nuts!

Reactions: aiolos

nexus3

Aug 29, 2014
Bulgaria
Hi guys,

Tomorrow i am looking forward to receive my second hand GUS Phenomenon Lite and Artemis. I have used GUS mods before, but never full brass ones. I have some questions regarding the two parts:

Phenomenon Lite:

1. What is the length of the Koh Gen Do that you leave from the coil to the end? I was note really able to understand the concept of the wicking.
2. What is the setup which you will suggest, for Artemis with Phenomenon lite with 0.35 mm Kanthal D?
3. What shall be the inner diameter of the coil?
4. What shall be the distance between the air holes and the coil?
5. The last one, "The King of Flavor". Would there really be a notable difference between this and Kayfun V4?

Artemis:

1. How to clean to shiny the brass (the whole mod)?

Thank you in advance!

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
Your KGD wick should be cut at length where are the threadings of the cup. Then you slightly bend them down to wick chanels. Not into them, just at base where they are.
Setup i use is around 1.2 Ohm, 0.25mm Kanthal at 4 wraps.
IMHO i would never compare Kayfun with Phenom. Flavor on Phenom is another dimension

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Artemis:
1. How to clean to shiny the brass (the whole mod)?
CONGRATS!
Any Brass or Silver Polish will do. I use Mother's. Avoid Brasso tho (b'coz it leaves a residue - and that'd go into the crevices of the Artemis).

nexus3

Aug 29, 2014
Bulgaria
Gentlemen, I have a problem :)

I got my Phenom Lite today, i made two setups on it. Unfortunately i noticed two problems with it:

1. There is a leak from the air holes, not huge leak, just a few drops, but just enough to be annoying.
2. Tryig to solve the above mentioned problem, i tried to blow out from the drip tip, so i could get rid of the liquid in the air channels. I have tried a few attys, Kayfun Lite Plus, Kayfun 4, Kanger Subtank, and doing the same on them results in cleaning of the channels after a few blows, with the Phenom i get the opposite result, with every blow the channels get more and more flooded...

Probably the two problems are related to the same issue, but i do not know how to resolve it.

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
It doesn't need to be blown at all. Problem is with your wick. Either you have to much or to less wick. If you have to less wick, you haven't covered wick channels. If you have to much wick, there is possibility that when you screw chimney on, chimney deforms wick and channels get uncovered. Can you make photo of current setup? Then we can say what are you doing wrong

nexus3

Aug 29, 2014
Bulgaria
Here are the photos. I just rewicked and there is still liquid in the air holes...

f3z4ma.jpg
5yx0mh.jpg

One tank went away. There still is liquid (just a little) in some of the air holes, but no big leaks or something. I think that i got it right this time.

I noticed something else, when the tank is upside down there are some drops leaking from the dtip, first i thought it is a result from the condense, but it keeps dropping and dropping. Kayfun 4 does the same thing, but the Kanger SubTank does not. Any ideas?

Leaving all the above said aside, have i missed to mention ... This thing has great flavour :)

Last edited:

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
Here are the photos. I just rewicked and there is still liquid in the air holes...

f3z4ma.jpg
5yx0mh.jpg

One tank went away. There still is liquid (just a little) in some of the air holes, but no big leaks or something. I think that i got it right this time.

I noticed something else, when the tank is upside down there are some drops leaking from the dtip, first i thought it is a result from the condense, but it keeps dropping and dropping. Kayfun 4 does the same thing, but the Kanger SubTank does not. Any ideas?

Leaving all the above said aside, have i missed to mention ... This thing has great flavour :)

This looks like a bit too much wick. But placement above channels should be pretty much like this. Just try to use less wick so chimney doesn't deform it while screwing. Try to imagine it like this. Watch wick from above and imagine the diameter of the chimney. The wick shouldn't be outside that diameter.
I hope you understand what i am trying to say. Less wick, but at length just like on your pic. And it should be fine.

Small amount of liquid can happen because of condensation, but if you have drops, that's same thing why you have air holes filled. Wick it properly and you will not have any of this issues. I hope i didn't scare you or anything. I just want to explain properly. It is actually easy to wick it one you get into the game.

And yes, flavor is amazing :thumb:

Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread