Status
Not open for further replies.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I dont have any problems, Works great. No gurgling/flooding. Just that I open up the JC a bit!

Made a few pics, as discussed.
6 wraps of 0.38mm kanthal around a 2.4mm screwdriwer, comes around 0.75 Ohms (not a new coil).
Rayon, stripped underneath. juice it, lay it on the deck. Done. The chimney doesn't move a thing there.

down.php

R

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Thanks for the reassuring photos. Thats how I wick mine and my coil is at same level. I use KGD instead. I also do a 2.4 coil. What gauge of Kanthal do you use?

Ive been using 27 gauge, I just ordered some 28 gauge 316 SS.

The wire in the pics is a 0.38mm, what would be something like a 27g.
I use it here, becauce the Momentous base is pretty open for me and I tend to build lower. Normally I use 28g on my other RTAs.

R

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
WOW, no posts since Oct 26th?

I did a full breakdown of one of my GUS switches. I always take apart and clean, but this time , since it was a brass with stainless accents I decided to do every part, including the brass ring with the micro ball bearings. WHew, what a job, my eyes are still in magnifying mode.

I used something called Nyogel, a dielectric gel to grease the little bearings, they kept slipping out.

The GUS 22 is performing better than ever. I LOVE mechs for this reason. If your mod is not performing like usual , just a cleaning and its like day one.

I have a couple of semi-mechs and it KILLS me that I cant dump the top and main tube in water and wash. IT has a circuit board for the top side button. I love it, but I dont know how to keep it immaculate. I keep thinking something will go wrong. I cant even remove the little switch.

With all these posts about the danger of "mechs" its killing me to think that shops wont sell them and spread all that mis-information about mechs not being safe.

Oh well, when regs over 60watts are outlawed and they all go bad, Mechs will still be KINGS.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello fellow lovers of all things GUS. I tried on the FB and got no reply.

What am I doing wrong? Every time I take my top cap to clean it, I end up breaking my fuse when I try to slip it out. I used to be able to just gently push it out, but now it seems they are tighter and snap every time.

Im running out of fuses so If there are any tricks anyone can share, Id apprecate it a LOT

fuse_zpstgf4ctr5.jpg

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hello fellow lovers of all things GUS. I tried on the FB and got no reply.

What am I doing wrong? Every time I take my top cap to clean it, I end up breaking my fuse when I try to slip it out. I used to be able to just gently push it out, but now it seems they are tighter and snap every time.

Im running out of fuses so If there are any tricks anyone can share, Id apprecate it a LOT

fuse_zpstgf4ctr5.jpg

Hmm, I have 2 GUS mechs with these fuses. I don't disassemble the top-caps for cleaning. Just some vapers towel and done. I'd take the fuse out only to change it. But that's not helping you.. Sorry :)

R

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
As we are all reading here on ECF and many other sites, FDA has made some rulings that are going to make getting good gear very difficult. From what I read, and Very little so far,( so I dont want to start spreading rumors....) we are going to have to make sure that what we have will serve us for years to come.

GUS Mods makes some of the best mechs as we all know and wonderful atomizers, but what we have might be all we have for a while.

If someone that has knowledge or is handy in parts, can we start up a list for parts such as O-rings and screws and other necessities that might become impossible to import in the future? A resource list for all the parts that wear, including fuses etc.

I know that I will be placing an order for some things just to have as back up. GUS Mods have no reason not to be able to serve us well for years and years to come.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Is this thread for phenom lite too? Are there any videos covering the phenom lite from pillar to post? I fell into owning one and don't know anything about it or how to overcome some seemingly very frustrating design choices. Flavor and vape density / volume are fantastic but there are some truly annoying (to me) things. The top fill is an example - and the fact I can't bottom fill. I'm over decanting juices to special bottles just to fill a tank m frustrating.

Oh and I also got a Gus 22 which is a pretty good telescopic.

Anyway is really like to get he phenom lite working for me but I need to learn more about it. The build is fine. I need to understand the mechanics better. And see if maybe there's a tank that will work properly for bottom fill - lock the chimney in place etc.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Drawing a blank trying to get this working in my routine. Like I said flavor and vape density is outstanding so I'm motivated to learn. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: qorax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread