Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I did see that thanks but it specifies two models of err..I'm guessing those are tunes not atomizers. I have something similar here with the right threading. It's brass and has no Teflon. Why would that part be restricted to two devices? Also given the cross comparability if parts I wish they'd notate which fits what.

Thanks @anavidfan. He probably holds it there to finish it. But surely the base needn't be two part for that. And what's keeping the inner and outer parts together?

Curious!

Also what gets me is if he'd made the tank a hybrid combo you could unscrew the outer ring. And the fused 510 poles could screw right into the 510 area. Why isn't this being done! Or is it and I'm missing something.......

Reactions: anavidfan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Does the aiolos v1.1 require filler ? Isn't there a v2? I thought there was a -t for tank but in a little confused.

The sanded 500 with Gp switch and top cap and cloud 1 has become my favorite mod combo right now. I definitely love the sanded finish. Hopefully I can get more Gus stuff - limited budget due medical but I'm keeping an eye out!

Cheers

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The one with the filler was the Aiolos " Steam Machine" it was basically like the GP Spheroid.

The Aiolos tank is a slim RTA like the GG Penelope (on right ). Both are great atties, wonderful taste but tight draws.

They used to make an Aiolos RDA ( on left ) and I had a couple but should have kept them, I really loved those.

gus16-002_zpszdyi8mip.jpg

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Ok thanks. I appreciate it @anavidfan it seems the steak machine is the one on the specials page. I have one spheroid v4 and another coming (a friend bought s piccoloid second hand and he needs the tube while I want the second spheroid). But I'm a big fan of small rta. I'm not a fan at all of filler material. It's inconvenient when changing flavors. It's a pain to find the right weight of length for various thicknesses. Etc.

Any opinions on the v2 which doesn't require filler compared to the spheroid ? I typically use the spheroid with the air set to slightly more closed then Half way. I wonder how that stacks up to the aiolos air flow. These tiny tanks can kick major vapor and flavor!

I wish some more People made 19mm.
16/22 Is great but 19mm seems to be the sweet spot. As you and I have discussed previously!

Thanks, as always, for the wealth of information stated so clearly

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ok thanks. I appreciate it @anavidfan it seems the steak machine is the one on the specials page. I have one spheroid v4 and another coming (a friend bought s piccoloid second hand and he needs the tube while I want the second spheroid). But I'm a big fan of small rta. I'm not a fan at all of filler material. It's inconvenient when changing flavors. It's a pain to find the right weight of length for various thicknesses. Etc.

Any opinions on the v2 which doesn't require filler compared to the spheroid ? I typically use the spheroid with the air set to slightly more closed then Half way. I wonder how that stacks up to the aiolos air flow. These tiny tanks can kick major vapor and flavor!

I wish some more People made 19mm.
16/22 Is great but 19mm seems to be the sweet spot. As you and I have discussed previously!

Thanks, as always, for the wealth of information stated so clearly

I think you would really enjoy the Aiolos tank V2. It is very much like the Spheroid, but no need for filler.

I also liked the Spheroid 1 and 2 but the filler made it wasteful for NET. It seemed to hold on to at least a ml of liquid and at the prices every ml counts and was a waste.

Reactions: qorax

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

Wow that is enormous!!

Doesn't seem like closing the air down would be s good answer with that massive diameter on the chimney.

Unfortunately very fee people offer devices that are truly good at both. Im struggling to think if one which doesnt need an air flow reducer to make dense flavorful mtl vapor and works for dl

The phenomenon is just about perfect. With s hair more airflow and and traditional top
Fill i think it Would be. Im surprised gus haven't released tanks that fill from the top properly .

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Wow that is enormous!!

Doesn't seem like closing the air down would be s good answer with that massive diameter on the chimney.

Unfortunately very fee people offer devices that are truly good at both. Im struggling to think if one which doesnt need an air flow reducer to make dense flavorful mtl vapor and works for dl

The phenomenon is just about perfect. With s hair more airflow and and traditional top
Fill i think it Would be. Im surprised gus haven't released tanks that fill from the top properly .
The original Phenomenon fills from the top perfectly. And is a great MTL vape.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I had some Aiolos and gave them away with my GUS 16s to family. I miss them, so nice.

Anyway, I remember looking at the holes, but did not see that they were related to the airflow. I did not find how the air could make its way inside. I figured they were there to aid in manufacturing so it could be tightened?

I will see if I can copy this pict and send GUS/ Konstantinos a question :)

PS, the one on the right is how mine looked like, it was restrictive but not tight. I cant say for sure, but the one on the left looks like it might have been modified for more air, thinking that was the source? Looks rough and GUS mods is never rough :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have received an Aiolos V2 2nd hand and there seems to be an extra base that appears to have air holes that are closed off.

The base on the left is attached to my Aiolos, the one on the right is not.

What is this extra base, is it for a tight draw?

View attachment 681833
Those are not airholes. They're post mountings. The one on the left seems to have been tampered with. Probably why another was issued to the old user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread