Pheonix Crisis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonsaiSuperstar

May 21, 2010
D8N OH
So, I frickin am in love with the pheonix. Love it, love it, love it. But (and isn't there always a but) my 3mL the last few days has been leaking like crazy, and here's what I'm doing.
I used it as is out of the package for the first 1 or 2 fills and i was still getting a dryer hit here and there so I pulled it apart cleaned and gave it a bit of the old dry burn action, and as per Lord Davon's video, trimmed the wicks back just a smidge, and it worked like a dream. Two days ago, about 4 fills later, I gave it another cleaning and again it worked great until i took it off my battery.
I'm in love with pyramid fusion, but everyone at work complains that it smells too much so I use some Liqua bright tobacco for work as there is no smell at all. So after work i always put my 3mL pyramid back on. Much to my dismay i wasn't getting much vape, so I sucked and sucked and POW juice in the mouth centeral. I unscrewed it to find a pool of juice in my connection too. As I blew and blew it practically drained my tank.
So I went home, cleaned, burned and reassembled and everything worked great again. Once again I took it off for work and after work screwed it back on and got the same resaults, POW juice mouth!
What the @#%$ am I doing wrong? Let me also tell you it's kept in an upright posistion in my eGo case in my bag. Coming off the age ce2's has taught me that much. Why's this happening to this device I've come to love so much in the past week?
Chris, Dan, Davon please help!

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i dont know the answer but somehow you are loosing the vacuum inside the tube.

could be that the syringe hole has gotten worn out and letting air into the tube or...

your drip tip has stretched the opening on the tube enough so the silicone seal is letting air in from the sides.

another "possible" idea is that the center post has been lifted up.

maybe someone else has other ideas.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
those would be the places to look at first, if its leaking then you basically lost the vacuum just like mellow mentioned.
we have inner plug coming for all phoenixs as there is always the possibility that the hole doesnt seal enough and the pressure leaks out and im assuming this could be what some are experiencing since its happening when people get tot he 2nd or third fill

it could also be how you insert the syringe, if dont properly it will pop through pushing aside a little flap which then falls back when you remove the syringe but i also have seen that if done wrong , you could be boring out the plastic with the hole in the syringe, this will create a hole on the inner seal and then cause vacuum pressure loss.

BonsaiSuperstar

May 21, 2010
D8N OH
Hmmm, could it be that I just didn't have the rubber seal pushed down far enough? I just recleaned and assembled it and I noticed that this time I got it down a little further then the last time.
How soon will seals be up for sale?
Also, could I "easy fill" these and put the seal back on after it's filled? I love these but I really hate screwing with syringes.

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I'm having the same problem as the OP. Of all the cartos and tanks that GV sells, this is the first one that comes close to the performance of dripping in my experience, but sadly theres always a but. I'm guessing my issue is with the hole in the silicon cap opening up, but I was very careful when inserting the needle.

Hopefully they can come up with a better design on the next iteration, but still maintain the performance.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I didn't know about the little flap on the bottom of the seal. I filled my first one with a sharp needle. Fortunately, I didn't hurt it, because it's still working well, after several refills. I only used the sharp needle once, and since then have been using the blunt one that comes with the Phoenix.

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
This may sound stupid but I was wondering if the bottom hole of the seal is not closing after being used over an over again, is it possible that once the needle is being pulled out after a fill could the top part of the plug hole be plugged with something in order to keep the vacum working. Or is it that once the needle is removed the vacum gets messed up before we have a chance to plug the to of the hole with something. ( is this making any sense? ).

YoMa!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Hearing about the flap is a relief to me. I use the blunt needle and have to put some pressure on it to get it through the last little bit. I was always worried that I had made a new hole and messed it up. I use a smaller width rubber drip tip and cram it down flush with the seal just in case. That actually helps on the one I did screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread