Phidias celebration sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
Can you tell me the size of these units? They are very beautiful!

thank you Free2BMe,

A picture is worth...

DSC06370.jpg

That's a 510 cartomizer with a drip tip laying in front...

They are just a tad over 3 inches tall.

They have "divine proportions" as they follow the ratio of the Golden Mean, or Fibonacci series-- Phidias being the namesake of the Mathematical expression PHI which is derived from same...

here:
Fibonacci and the Golden Mean

I've been waiting for someone to ask...
Thanks Free2BME
Regards
fono

PS. Notice the inlays describe another Golden rectangle and a perfect square---hold the face one Phidias at arms length, and the bottom of another closer to your face and they share the same shape--they are like proportioned in every axis...

the width of your Phidias is 1.618 its thickness, and its length is 1.618 its width

I'm a bit of a geek...amateur astronomer

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
A-4 now has my name on it. YESSSSSSSSSS!!! :D

Nobody be alarmed, A4 is the same as A2

and I had some back-up A4/A2 set aside; I have real problem saying no, so all of you who wanted an A4 are in fact getting an A4.

I want everyone to have the Phidias style they desire...so I added new stock for the same sale price

thanks everybody you've been so nice to deal with....

best regards
fono

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
As someone who just blew over a hundred bucks I have a few questions…

1) It looks alot like other type feeders, say the Missy wetbox as an example. But I take it that its different. The tube common to all of these others that goes to the bottom of the bottle doesn't exist with this unit. That means that unlike those I have to turn the unit over to feed. It also means I'm not pushing an extra 1.5" or so of juice through a non existant tube so it doesn't require a crazy hard squeeze to actually get juice up to the atomizer.

2) Its still a bottom feed style. So how do these things actually magically manage to get juice to the actual atomizing unit which is above the end of the tube? Do they invoke anti-gravity or something?

3) The wetbox comes with a cartomizer and I've seen mention of a carto in this thread. So just how do you get juice up to the filler of the carto? Its even higher up from the end of the tube than an atomizer coil would be. Even stronger anti-gravity?

4 I've seen mention of oils and some of the pictures in the album seem to show the unit really shiny. What exactly is the finish of these units and what effect, if any, does spilled juice have on it?

That seems like a good start for questions ;)

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Hi there bsoplinger,

Yeah, you nailed it...

The new fo-flow, or feedimus system employed by your Phidias is different:

It harnesses the reliability of Gravity to deliver the liquid to regions an up right feed system simply cannot, by squeeze alone.

And yes, not only does the absents of a "to the bottom of the bottle tube" improve initial delivery times, it ensures complete and ready access to that very last drop of juice...

The Phidias is hand rubbed to a smooth and luxurious satin finish after being generously imbued with various natural oils--to ensure a totally sealed interior as well as exterior.

Wood is susceptible to changes in humidity, thoroughly saturating the wood with oils when dry goes a long way to ensuring longevity over time; the water has no more dry place to find a home in...

It's good thing, it's right thing to do---I do that...

And no, its not shiny after I'm finish with it---BUT IT CAN BE brought up to a vitreous luster simply by rubbing a wee bit of common (at your pharmacy) Mineral Oil into it...

Back in the Day the veteran Pipe smokers would shine their fine Burl Pipes on their faces: noses mostly...

That also will work with your Phidias--can you say personalize?

I think you'll find there has been some thought put into your design, and new ideas, suggestions, or questions are always welcomed...

Thanks for yor post, it goes out tomorrow
Best Regards
fono

As someone who just blew over a hundred bucks I have a few questions…

1) It looks alot like other type feeders, say the Missy wetbox as an example. But I take it that its different. The tube common to all of these others that goes to the bottom of the bottle doesn't exist with this unit. That means that unlike those I have to turn the unit over to feed. It also means I'm not pushing an extra 1.5" or so of juice through a non existant tube so it doesn't require a crazy hard squeeze to actually get juice up to the atomizer.

2) Its still a bottom feed style. So how do these things actually magically manage to get juice to the actual atomizing unit which is above the end of the tube? Do they invoke anti-gravity or something?

3) The wetbox comes with a cartomizer and I've seen mention of a carto in this thread. So just how do you get juice up to the filler of the carto? Its even higher up from the end of the tube than an atomizer coil would be. Even stronger anti-gravity?

4 I've seen mention of oils and some of the pictures in the album seem to show the unit really shiny. What exactly is the finish of these units and what effect, if any, does spilled juice have on it?

That seems like a good start for questions ;)

The other systems get help from user applied suction, but remeber you also have that option the squeeze and suck option (long neck beer bottle rules apply) you just need to be a bit past horizontal to wet the bottle's feed cap...

you have it all now...wink!

regards...

what finish? see my earlier posts, and no juice does not soak in and stain-its sealed

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Do you have any left???

Why Yes I do...

I added a few from my personal stash to the most popular choices, because I think this is just fantastic.

It's all about getting my PV into as many users hands as possible, not everybody knows how sweet they really are, and that needs to change...

First come first pick-- just mail me fonosmoak@embarqmail.com

comments welcome...

regards
fono

I do the day's mail run at 3:00 PDT get your order in by then, it goes out today...

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
I'd like to thank you all for your orders...the response has been a little over whelming..

I think adding stock to this sale in order to fill request for sold out styles was not such a good idea...

It was not my intention to mislead anyone, but thinking more about it, it's not really in keeping with my lead post either...so I apologize.

Well, OK, no more filling requests for sold out styles....sold out means sold out.

Rows Left to right A-B-C-D face up in foreground E

Row positions also left to right (back to front) 1-2-3-4

DSC06403-groveofPhidi_cr.jpg

A Row---- only A1 and A3 are still available
B Row--- Sold out
C Row--- 3 left
D Row-- 2 left
E Row--- Sold out.

again Thanks everyone
fono

DSC06417-frontsandbacks_cr.jpg

both the A1 and A3 have that cool grain thing happening on their backs...

I'll get a front back of the D row--Babinga with one paduk and one purple heart inlay...

as promised:

D-row front back

drow-reszed.jpg

Last edited:

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
My Phidias arrived today. The maple one with the dark wood inlay. Very nice looking. I put an UltraFire 18650 3000 mAH battery in it (which should keep this thing fired up for at 2+ days between charges) and I'm using a LR510 atty with a mouth piece but no cart. It is quite a bit smaller than my wooden REO - about 3/4 of the size of the REO, and very easy to hold. The back piece covering the bottle and battery feels a little loose, but holds quite well with the supplied magnet. It took a few minutes to get used to using the dispenser bottle to feed the atomizer, but it is working well. I was a little afraid that it would flood the atty, but it hasn't, and it is feeding fine. I'm not planning on giving up using the REO, but will alternate between the two. It is certainly well worth the price - about $18.00 less than what I paid for the REO on sale. Thanks to Fono for the nice mod, and those on this thread who provided much valued information.
:toast:

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Knowing how folks love their REOs

I'm taking this as High Praise!!!

Thanks Banjo
Glad you liked it

fono

My Phidias arrived today. The maple one with the dark wood inlay. Very nice looking. I put an UltraFire 18650 3000 mAH battery in it (which should keep this thing fired up for at 2+ days between charges) and I'm using a LR510 atty with a mouth piece but no cart. It is quite a bit smaller than my wooden REO - about 3/4 of the size of the REO, and very easy to hold. The back piece covering the bottle and battery feels a little loose, but holds quite well with the supplied magnet. It took a few minutes to get used to using the dispenser bottle to feed the atomizer, but it is working well. I was a little afraid that it would flood the atty, but it hasn't, and it is feeding fine. I'm not planning on giving up using the REO, but will alternate between the two. It is certainly well worth the price - about $18.00 less than what I paid for the REO on sale. Thanks to Fono for the nice mod, and those on this thread who provided much valued information.
:toast:

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Thanks for your info, Banjo. I'm anxious to get mine and see how well I take to the feeding system.

Fono, that babinga is beautiful. Everytime I look at the pics, I keep seeing others that catch my eye. The one pic you have up in one of the posts (think it's showing me the size comparison), that really dark one on the left with the purple inlay...all I can say is WOW! If I ever am able to get another, I think that's what I would like to go with. :)

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
:headbang:Thanks, Fono!

I got mine yesterday (B2), vaped it out on the town last night, and it's not only a thing of beauty but also vapes like a charm. An LR 510 atty combined with an AW IMR 18650 and 3 ml of my favorite juice, and I'm set to vape all day or night. It feels just right to hold in the hand, the gravity feed works just like it should, and the button feels just right and hits every time. Beautiful, beautiful workmanship...you really hit it out of the park with this one, truly a work of art. You da MAN!

Blaro
:thumb: :toast: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread