Phidias celebration sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
LOL! Ahhhh....come on, it's not that bad. My intent was to simply show the details of the device. There's nothing a little canned air won't take care of. Even though I have not yet vaped with it, I do like it. The real test is after living with it for a few months. There's nothing quite like the test of time. :)

It's cool man I'm over it.. I suppose we all have to go under the microscope at times?

Do let me know how you get on...

there's some useful info in this thread too.

It's all good
Regards
fo

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Yeah baby....

and do beware of dust I'm full of it sometimes wink!

Received a pair today(one is for the wife) and WOW. Really liking this jewel enough to go through two ( oh no, just vaped some (cough cough) tung oil tasting sawdust LOL,,,, JK ) bottle fills in mine this afternoon. Very well done fono. :2cool::thumbs: Thanks for a really sweet PV.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
fono - Exactly which type of 3v batteries will fit? Remember, I'm a noob, I see lots of different 3v's and I have no clue which ones are appropriate.

Thanks

I can tell you on occassion I use Tenergy 750mAh RCR123A 3.0v keep in mind I have the original Phidius and assume the specs haven't changed. Batteries are fine but they aren't the best out there as life expectancy tends to decrease after a while. I'm sure fono or someone else will chime in with others that are better but if your in a pinch a lot of vendors sell these and they are relatively inexpensive compared to the newer/better ones being made now. I normally don't vape 6v but prefer a 3.7 18650 and that's why I said on occassion.

Sidenote - fono I finally sent the package and apologize for the delay its been a busy week.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Hi Thad,

As I recall you're still pretty new to vapeing...

I suggest you just skip the stacking Lion bats for now...

It's something to avoid if you can make 3.7 v work, (for many reasons)---and you most definitely can.

the thing with 3.7 is dripping the atties is the preferred for flavor.

With an inverted feeder like you have---feeding/ for dripped taste is hassle free.

That being the case an LR attie will get you the boost to fire it up in style.

My advice would be buy An AW brand 18650 and either a LR 306, or LR 510, or lr 510 cartomizer..

Skip the adapters too, for a while anyway...

You just might find your groove first try...

Others may have a different take, but that's mine.

Getting different views, then thinking for yourself is what your after here...

thanks for the post and
Best Regards
fo

Yes exact same dimensions--gotta keep my "Divine Proportions"

Last edited:

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
not at all...

The specs say they might be too long in aggregate--have you used those in your Phid?

f

I honestly don't like HV but I have tried 3 different sets just to see if they fit. My Tenergy 750mAH RCR123A 3.0V (silver with yellow) do fit
AW IMR16340 3.7V 550mAH (red with black writing) do fit
Trustfire 880mAH 16340 3.7V (black with flames) DO NOT FIT

I hit the button to activate the atty but didn't actually vape. I am so enjoying my Phidias at 3.7 with an 801 or 306 LR atty that I didn't want to even try the HV.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
tenergy LiFePo4's - size is RCR123a which i believe off the top of my head is same size as 16250.

Here's where you need to be careful-
The batteries can shift because Fono gave us lots of room for 18650's....
you end up with something like this

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19256-batteryfix0.jpg

Solution: Make a tube out of a business card -
1) I wrapped a card 1x around the batteries tightly...
2) measured and cut it a bit bigger,
3) covered it with tape,
4) wrapped it back around tightly and taped it tightly...

not rocket science but it works... and holds the battery nicely....
Just slide it on/off as needed- makes those two RCR123a's handle like a 16500... but gives you 6V vaping....
I suggest 4.2 ohm or 3.5 ohm attys.... 3.5 was a bit hot for me....

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19255-batteryfix1.jpg

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19254-batteryfix2.jpg

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
I honestly don't like HV but I have tried 3 different sets just to see if they fit. My Tenergy 750mAH RCR123A 3.0V (silver with yellow) do fit
AW IMR16340 3.7V 550mAH (red with black writing) do fit
Trustfire 880mAH 16340 3.7V (black with flames) DO NOT FIT

I hit the button to activate the atty but didn't actually vape. I am so enjoying my Phidias at 3.7 with an 801 or 306 LR atty that I didn't want to even try the HV.

Good info Mainker,

(play on the word Ker? as in main squeeze? or top dawg?)

oops, that can't be right I spelt it wrong...

sorry Mianker,

you can use a dime or a penny to fill out for a short bat---just leave room for the spring to collapse --It's a SAFETY FEATURE no one should be without in these fast and giddy times...

Nice post--we are of a like mind on voltage
Regards
fo

Last edited:

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
PS- FWIW - 4.2 Ohms is a bit cooler than an LR atty (on 3.7) and 3.5 Ohms is a bit warmer.... IMO the HV atties are a bit sturdier than LR, but there's no real proof that it's true.... unless you have $ to burn and really feel a need, the differences are very subtly so I tend to agree with Fono - it's not a big deal.. that said look on batteryjunction for the kit with charger....

Last edited:

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
Hi Thad,

As I recall you're still pretty new to vapeing...

I suggest you just skip the stacking Lion bats for now...

It's something to avoid if you can make 3.7 v work, (for many reasons)---and you most definitely can.

the thing with 3.7 is dripping the atties is the preferred for flavor.

With an inverted feeder like you have---feeding/ for dripped taste is hassle free.

That being the case an LR attie will get you the boost to fire it up in style.

My advice would be buy An AW brand 18650 and either a LR 306, or LR 510, or lr 510 cartomizer..

Skip the adapters too, for a while anyway...

You just might find your groove first try...

Others may have a different take, but that's mine.

Getting different views, then thinking for yourself is what your after here...

thanks for the post and
Best Regards
fo

Yes exact same dimensions--gotta keep my "Divine Proportions"

Cool, thanks for the sage advice. I ordered these from DealExtreme already:

Ultrafire 3.7V 2400mAh LC 18650 Protected Battery 2-Pack
DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black

I figured that would get me started. After I ordered I realized that DX company is in China, surely going to take a long time to get here. I wish I could buy these locally, Radio Shack doesn't have them. Do camera stores sell these bats and charger? Why do you like the "AW" brand?

What atty comes with 510 manual? Those are the only ones I have. Sorry, I am indeed a noob to vaping. I have a lot to learn yet. :oops:

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
tenergy LiFePo4's - size is RCR123a which i believe off the top of my head is same size as 16250.

Here's where you need to be careful-
The batteries can shift because Fono gave us lots of room for 18650's....
you end up with something like this

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19256-batteryfix0.jpg

Solution: Make a tube out of a business card -
1) I wrapped a card 1x around the batteries tightly...
2) measured and cut it a bit bigger,
3) covered it with tape,
4) wrapped it back around tightly and taped it tightly...

not rocket science but it works... and holds the battery nicely....
Just slide it on/off as needed- makes those two RCR123a's handle like a 16500... but gives you 6V vaping....
I suggest 4.2 ohm or 3.5 ohm attys.... 3.5 was a bit hot for me....

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19255-batteryfix1.jpg

jimho-albums-phidias-pictures-picture19254-batteryfix2.jpg

Very cool and clever idea! NICE!

What kind of atty and tip do have on there?

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Cool, thanks for the sage advice. I ordered these from DealExtreme already:

Ultrafire 3.7V 2400mAh LC 18650 Protected Battery 2-Pack
DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black

I figured that would get me started. After I ordered I realized that DX company is in China, surely going to take a long time to get here. I wish I could buy these locally, Radio Shack doesn't have them. Do camera stores sell these bats and charger? Why do you like the "AW" brand?

What atty comes with 510 manual? Those are the only ones I have. Sorry, I am indeed a noob to vaping. I have a lot to learn yet. :oops:

Hi Thad,

i like the AW brand because I've had very good luck with them...

There are a couple places here in the USA where you can order on-line and expect delivery in just a few days...

Batteries + carriers & testers

These guy s give you a cool key chain size LED flash light as a gift---I order from them just to get the cool little gizzmo.

I think that other link for 3v. bats you got was the other USA store.

Batteries come 80% charged so....you can use them right out of the box.

I like to order them in pairs--one in use the other charging etc...

You can get the low res atty stuff at most any e-cig dealer...

Yeah, China---the so boat song comes to mind.

How frustrating---you have the PV but no batteries or atties, I feel for you.

Do you know anyone else that vapes near you? We Vapers are pretty cool, most would lend you what you need while you are waiting, having four batteries and two chargers is not a bad thing

I'd bust a move and order from a USA store-- both that are linked have good reputations...

get-r-done
Regards
fo

bottles last a good long time + they get better with age---they need breaking in, the needle should last even longer--(18 Gage x 1 1/2")--the tricky part is cutting them down--I snip them off long and precision grind them to finish length on my industrial 6x48" sanding station, I know, not common thing to have.

but that's the way to go..

all new units will come with a complete extra bottle and needle set--not sure anyone really needs that? but I do understand having Back up is important for mental health...

Wish I'd realized that sooner...

live and learn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread