Picked up an eVic at lunch time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJPrestO

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Houston, TX
I've been off of the analogs since 01/08, immediately upon receiving my Halo Triton Starter Kit. My only issue with it has been the poly tanks and the tapering vapor due to an unregulated battery. After having performed my due dilligence (on the ECF!), I determined the eVic was the most cost-effective step up for me. After being in use for the last three hours or so - I must say that I'm quite pleased. Good user interface, easy set-up, comprehensive manual and all the pieces parts work. I also bought two Kanger Mini Protank II's with it and find I like these as well. Currently in the process of varying the wattage and determining the sweet spot for my chosen eliquids - something the Halo can't do. Yep, definitely enjoying the eVic.
:vapor:

eddydb

Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
CA, Bay Area
I also started with the Halo Triton, after a knockoff cheapie, and have been off chewing tobacco for about 3 weeks now. I did my research too and ordered an Evic last week. Tracking shows that it will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

I am off from work today and will have plenty of time to dial it in. Just need the mailman to hurry up!!!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Tanks and 510 connections
Add this to your vaping kit:

TankAdapter.jpg

Support your tanks and do not over tighten.

Enjoy your new eVic

RJPrestO

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Houston, TX
I've been thru 2 eVic, I love them. Be careful not to over tighten the atomizers, the inside 510 threading can damage. Your protanks should use the outer eGo threading so you should be ok.

With all the comments about thread issues, thought I'd mention how I'm dealing with it. To forestall overtightening, when screwing on one of my Kanger Mini PT IIs, as soon as I see "Atomizer Detected" on the display - I stop and only turn another 1/4 turn to finish.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
With all the comments about thread issues, thought I'd mention how I'm dealing with it. To forestall overtightening, when screwing on one of my Kanger Mini PT IIs, as soon as I see "Atomizer Detected" on the display - I stop and only turn another 1/4 turn to finish.

The mini protank screws on to the eGo threads. Not the 510 threads

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
just a tip, buy extra 18650 batteries, and a external charger. you will need the batteries for your other future mods, and it helps to swap out batteries.

check the spring on bottom to make sure there isnt a sharp edge to scratch your batteries when screwing in and out the cap. i destroyed a battery before i saw the sharp edge on the spring.

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
just a tip, buy extra 18650 batteries, and a external charger. you will need the batteries for your other future mods, and it helps to swap out batteries.

check the spring on bottom to make sure there isnt a sharp edge to scratch your batteries when screwing in and out the cap. i destroyed a battery before i saw the sharp edge on the spring.

Yeah, I had the same spring scraping the bottom of my batteries. Tried to bend the spring end down. Finally had to grind the offending end with a Dremel to smooth it so it no longer scratched the battery.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I think that the eVic is a perfectly fine choice among regulated tube mods. As it comes with battery and can be charged via USB, it is reasonably cost effective since after adding a charger and battery to a lower-cost tube mod, the price differential decreases dramatically.

However, keep in mind that most newer tube mods have higher amp boards inside...the eVic is somewhat limited by its amp draw though for many vapers this will not pose a problem.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I think that the eVic is a perfectly fine choice among regulated tube mods. As it comes with battery and can be charged via USB, it is reasonably cost effective since after adding a charger and battery to a lower-cost tube mod, the price differential decreases dramatically.

However, keep in mind that most newer tube mods have higher amp boards inside...the eVic is somewhat limited by its amp draw though for many vapers this will not pose a problem.

It's not at all limited when used with suitable resistance range devices. I couldn't care less if the latest thing offers 20A or whatever. I don't need it. It doesn't matter.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Yeah, I had the same spring scraping the bottom of my batteries. Tried to bend the spring end down. Finally had to grind the offending end with a Dremel to smooth it so it no longer scratched the battery.

I checked mine, and yes my battery bottoms are scratched in a circle, but the spring is folded over itself, and not rough or scratchy at all? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread