Picking a good 30mm RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    The Big Buddha is an awesome tank, but it's no high wattage beast... I still have mine on an old Seven-22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

How high wattage is high wattage? I'm only at .50-.25ohm between 40-60w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    How high wattage is high wattage? I'm only at .50-.25ohm between 40-60w.

The air on the Big Buddha, without modification, is about the same as the Kayfun 5 wide open. There are 2 x 2 mm holes in the deck. I'd say up to 35 watts... anything higher, and it's be a warm vape indeed. The chamber on the Big Buddha is also pretty small. Maybe 3 mm round wire coils at the max. Nothing fancier than a simple Clapton, either, I would think...

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    The air on the Big Buddha, without modification, is about the same as the Kayfun 5 wide open. There are 2 x 2 mm holes in the deck. I'd say up to 35 watts... anything higher, and it's be a warm vape indeed. The chamber on the Big Buddha is also pretty small. Maybe 3 mm round wire coils at the max. Nothing fancier than a simple Clapton, either, I would think...

That's too bad. With a little more air it could be really perfect. The coil size sounds good though.

The more and more reading I'm doing, the more and more I keep thinking: too bad my griffin doesn't have a larger tank. I'm really happy with my builds I just want to hold more juice! I mean my coils could be a little bigger but 3mm would be perfect.

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    That's too bad. With a little more air it could be really perfect. The coil size sounds good though.

The more and more reading I'm doing, the more and more I keep thinking: too bad my griffin doesn't have a larger tank. I'm really happy with my builds I just want to hold more juice! I mean my coils could be a little bigger but 3mm would be perfect.

I drilled my second one out after finding some information on here, it was beyond simple and now I have more than ample air so far as high as 75 watts

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Clinton Caraway

Oct 13, 2015
    The Scottua Tank is nice. It can leak if not wicked properly, but it is great, otherwise. Some folks use a 30 mm heat sink to offset leaking issues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    The Tank by Scottua isn't for everyone.It is for enthusiasts who demand the best. It's100% made in America. I own a v1 a v2 and I am anxiously awaiting the v3!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread