Granada Hills, Ca
IMG_6901.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Ok. You talked me into it. It will be very useful. And ON MY KEYRING where the grandkids don't have access to it! No more losing flashlights or having the grandkids run the batteries down.
I have a bunch of CR123a, 18650, AA and AAA flashlights. The AAA lights are usually on my keychain but this is much brighter and rechargeable. It's as bright or brighter than most of my favorite single CR123a lights (I use LiFePo4 rechargeables in them) and smaller. FT has a great price for them even before the 10% discount.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I watched a few youtube reviews before I bought it. I was on the fence because it was $30. I was going to replace my keychain light and it gets beat up so it was a bit more than I wanted to pay for something that would get scratched up. When FT started carrying them at a lower price, I had it in my wishlist for my next order. It just worked out that there was a sale when I wanted a new tank so I threw a couple in my cart. I got black and grey. The grey was for my keychain because it wouldn't show scratches as easily as the black but when I got it, I thought they made a mistake and sent 2 black ones. It was only slightly lighter than the black. Both look really good.

2 functions that help is when you press 2 buttons, it locks the buttons so it doesn't accidentally turn on in your pocket and when you hold the mode button for ~2s, it goes into turbo mode (360lm).

I couldn't find the video I watched but this one is pretty good. You won't be disappointed.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I watched a few youtube reviews before I bought it. I was on the fence because it was $30. I was going to replace my keychain light and it gets beat up so it was a bit more than I wanted to pay for something that would get scratched up. When FT started carrying them at a lower price, I had it in my wishlist for my next order. It just worked out that there was a sale when I wanted a new tank so I threw a couple in my cart. I got black and grey. The grey was for my keychain because it wouldn't show scratches as easily as the black but when I got it, I thought they made a mistake and sent 2 black ones. It was only slightly lighter than the black. Both look really good.

2 functions that help is when you press 2 buttons, it locks the buttons so it doesn't accidentally turn on in your pocket and when you hold the mode button for ~2s, it goes into turbo mode (360lm).

I couldn't find the video I watched but this one is pretty good. You won't be disappointed.

Dang, you ought to get a commission! :) Every post costs me a couple more...

Reactions: KTMRider

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

After I watched the video, this video caught me eye:

Then this video:

Do you know which version we ordered?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I saw the first video before I ordered mine but not the 2nd. I don't lock mine so it's not really an issue for me but I just tested both and neither buttons light in locked mode so I'm assuming they're both v2. I just put the one on my desk in lock mode and will report in a couple of days (Tues?).

I have a lot of keys and a 2way remote w/LED display for my truck on my keychain and I don't wear skinny jeans so I'm careful not to squash them when I carry them. The buttons are firm so it would need a lot of pressure to engage. I would guess about 4lbs.

I have a lot of mid- to high end flashlights and this really impressed me. I looked at the Tube but it wasn't even 1/2 as bright as what I had on my keychain.

Now for a daily flashlight, I would highly recommend the Olight S10 and RCR123A LiFePo4 batteries. They're about $40 and the Tenergy battery kit is about $20.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Not something I carry around every day :p
2016-11-02%2013.09.04_zpsjtbzciqr.jpg

I can't figure out what quadcopter that is? Looks custom. And I imagine, not inexpensive.

I've been playing with a Walkera Aibao since Christmas. All I can say is that living in the woods is TOUGH on propellers. I went through the 8 supplied in no time. Ordered 12 more. Definitely need to acquire more skills, but these things are outrageously fun. I could see Elvis using them for Skeet.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I can't figure out what quadcopter that is? Looks custom. And I imagine, not inexpensive.

I've been playing with a Walkera Aibao since Christmas. All I can say is that living in the woods is TOUGH on propellers. I went through the 8 supplied in no time. Ordered 12 more. Definitely need to acquire more skills, but these things are outrageously fun. I could see Elvis using them for Skeet.

It's a custom build with a Quanum XJ470 frame, Naza M, Sunnysky 2216 and 10" propellers. The gimbal is for a GoPro but I printed a mount for my GoPro 4 Session.

I also brought along a 200 and 150 custom built quads.
2016-11-02%2013.09.46_zpsmjapqdn4.jpg

I'd highly recommend a Hubsan X4 to practice flying. The Blade Nano QX handles better but also 2x the price. Both can be flown indoors or outdoors. I have both and they're fun.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I saw the first video before I ordered mine but not the 2nd. I don't lock mine so it's not really an issue for me but I just tested both and neither buttons light in locked mode so I'm assuming they're both v2. I just put the one on my desk in lock mode and will report in a couple of days (Tues?).

A bit late but I had one locked for 4-5 days and it was still fully charged. I've been using the one on my keychain a lot lately and it's definitely an upgrade to my ThruNite Ti.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
A bit late but I had one locked for 4-5 days and it was still fully charged. I've been using the one on my keychain a lot lately and it's definitely an upgrade to my ThruNite Ti.
Thanks! Good to know.

I just received a pkg that shipped the next day. But, my TIP isn't even showing up on tracking yet. I guess it has to do with the internal battery.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Can't go a day without any of these...especially the coffee!!
e4b570b80148467aadfbb2313efa0805.jpg
That's a sweet setup!

I gotta go do the DROS on my next one this weekend :)
H&K P2000 9mm
Then I need to order a tiffany blue mech mod to match the tiffany blue P22 Walther decided to let us have in Cali lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread