Somerset, UK
1lon.jpg

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Really digging that wooden box mod

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what exactly is a squonk?

Thanks. The wood mod is a Sunbox W7.

"Squonker" and "bottomfeeder" are terms used for a mod which utilizes an onboard juice supply. Squeezing or pressing the juice bottle feeds liquid up into the atomizer (squonking). Basically, all the flavor and performance of dripping with a traditional RDA without any of the hassle.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Thanks. The wood mod is a Sunbox W7.

"Squonker" and "bottomfeeder" are terms used for a mod which utilizes an onboard juice supply. Squeezing or pressing the juice bottle feeds liquid up into the atomizer (squonking). Basically, all the flavor and performance of dripping with a traditional RDA without any of the hassle.

I have a thing for wood mods :)

I see so its basically a mod (mech or regulated) with a juice feeder + an RDA?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have a thing for wood mods :)

I see so its basically a mod (mech or regulated) with a juice feeder + an RDA?

The Sunbox is a regulated mod using the Evolv DNA40 board. Yep, onboard juice feeding system and RDA with a modified 510 pin to allow the juice to feed into the RDA.

The one on the far right also uses the DNA40 board, the others are mechanical.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
The Sunbox is a regulated mod using the Evolv DNA40 board. Yep, onboard juice feeding system and RDA with a modified 510 pin to allow the juice to feed into the RDA.

The one on the far right also uses the DNA40 board, the others are mechanical.

Really nice collection, is the sunbox stab wood? Also I do like your mech mod collection, I personally will prob not have the chance to own one but still, love the looks of the mech mods, they're just unique on their own instead of the reg mods which are mass produced.

Also quick Q on the dna40 board, I recently got a custom box mod running the same board as well and I am still trying to figure out which tank to use with it...I have a spare Uwell crown but the crown seems to require more power...I guess i could run it in temp mode?

[edit] did a quick search on the sunbox indeed stab wood

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The Sunbox is not stab wood. There were some produced with stab wood though, the W7-S.

I don't have any experience with the Crown. When I still used tanks, I primarily used a Squape R and Squape R(s) in TC mode.

You may want to hit up the temp control subforum:

Temperature Control

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Really nice collection, is the sunbox stab wood? Also I do like your mech mod collection, I personally will prob not have the chance to own one but still, love the looks of the mech mods, they're just unique on their own instead of the reg mods which are mass produced.

Also quick Q on the dna40 board, I recently got a custom box mod running the same board as well and I am still trying to figure out which tank to use with it...I have a spare Uwell crown but the crown seems to require more power...I guess i could run it in temp mode?

[edit] did a quick search on the sunbox indeed stab wood
You can use whatever tank you want on a DNA40 box. If you're going to use the Crown, you're going to want to use the stock Ni200 or the TBA deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
You can use whatever tank you want on a DNA40 box. If you're going to use the Crown, you're going to want to use the stock Ni200 or the TBA deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yea it was what I thought as well, tried both he 0.5 and 0.25 ss coil heads and there really isn't much flavor till you get to about 40-50, maybe u can do 30watts on the .5 but I guess I have to stick with temp control...

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
one of these days I'll try a squonker

I got a Smokeless Owl and a VF Squonk Clone. They're alright, but I still haven't dialed in on when it's time to squonk. I keep the Smokeless above a 1Ω build. The VF Squonk Clone has a chip in it, so I'll take that below an ohm.....

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Really digging that wooden box mod

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what exactly is a squonk?

There is a juice bottle in the mod and you squeeze it to supple juice to your bottom fed atomizer. The squeezing action is called squonking

Reactions: rice721

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The more iStick units I see makes me even more convinced I made the right choice for my first MOD. I have the TC40W and maybe a bit off topic but what do others think about using the pass through feature to vape while charging?

http://.....spot.jadedragononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/johnny5-need-input.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread