MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I've already wasted a ton of $$$, having no idea what I was doing, strange looks/vibes coming from the family. All that's going to change now I'm inside the Church of ECF knowledge. ;)

Many more photos to come. :)
Welcome to ECF , Trolls friend!! Yes, the Shinyitis will get you!! But, looks like you got a good setup right there!! :D:thumb:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Can't speak for the mini, but I really do like the Monster V3. I got the Blackout edition a while ago. Don't let the name fool you, though. It's no monster. Think kayfun on mild steroids. You can get a direct to lung hit off of it if you try, but it's more of a wide open mouth to lung tank. It is suited for sub ohm, though, with more air, bigger wicking channels, peek insulator, and bigger chimney. I bought mine mostly for TC builds on my Kbox 120. Been working fine in Ni200 mode, Ti mode, as SS mode. Think I'll give NiCr mode a pass, though...

42163e76700a01fe692a53c808f073ed.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Don't let the name fool you, though. It's no monster. Think Kayfun on mild steroids.

Yep, lol
More airflow to bring back old kayfun parts into roto, but still less airflow than today's "standard", the kanger subtank.

Regardless, the monster is a staple in my vape gear. - soon enough, i have to update my equiptment blog whenever this atto arrives. I literaly am done buying equiptment for the next few years.

I wanted that "Thundercats" logo chimney, but they are ALL(from reveiws) off-threaded to the standard kayfun threads :(

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yep, lol
More airflow to bring back old kayfun parts into roto, but still less airflow than today's "standard", the kanger subtank.

Regardless, the monster is a staple in my vape gear. - soon enough, i have to update my equiptment blog whenever this atto arrives. I literaly am done buying equiptment for the next few years.

I wanted that "Thundercats" logo chimney, but they are ALL(from reveiws) off-threaded to the standard kayfun threads :(
Yeah, I liked the logo, too. Dunno about all of them, but the Russian 91 and Orchid I have threaded right on to the base of my Monster. I only checked after you said that...

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
the Russian 91 and Orchid I have threaded right on to the base of my Monster

Yeah, definitely a discrepancy in one of threadings.

From what I thought the r91 is kayfun threaded(chamber threads), I probably am wrong. The orchid and kayfun chambers I KNOW are different diameters and threads.

You point out the orchid fits? The tank section or the chamber section? If the latter, I may order some then for my beloved orchid :) won't fit one, but fits the other, oh well.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah, definitely a discrepancy in one of threadings.

From what I thought the r91 is kayfun threaded(chamber threads), I probably am wrong. The orchid and kayfun chambers I KNOW are different diameters and threads.

You point out the orchid fits? The tank section or the chamber section? If the latter, I may order some then for my beloved orchid :) won't fit one, but fits the other, oh well.
Tank sections. I never even thought to test the chambers.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Ah, yeah, the tank sections are all the same threading. Orchid, silverplay, kayfun, tube rta, Russian, and probably alot of others also.

Edit to add: this what I love best about these tanks :) lots of flopability between parts, so it's a full customizable setup ;)

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@OhTheAgony Yup the Sigelei 213.

The Sig213 has made me retire (for now) my VS200 and Lavabox. I vape in power mode so TC accuracy isn't a factor for me and have yet to try TC on the Sig213.

Its a very nice mod for under $100 (got it for about $90 shipped). My wattage range depending on build goes from 9W (KFL V2+ 28gauge single kanthal 1.0+ohm builds) to around 60W (dual clapton/alien 3.0mm IAD builds etc). So the fact that it won't fire up to 213 is a non-issue for me as well.

The device is small, similar to the VSdna200 with sharkskin (narrower) but def smaller than the lavabox & cuboid (shorter). Being a 2 battery device this mod is light as well. With 2 batteries in there its slightly heavier than the lavabox (200g). Without any batteries in there this thing is significantly lighter than the VS200 (VS is about 170g according to pbusardo's review).

No button rattles, no battery rattles, battery door seems to be fairly secure. ONLY con I see with this mod is button material. Feels a kinda plastic'y and if its just painted plastic I do see the pain wearing off over time.

Mod feels very nice in hand due to its narrowness (its almost as narrow as 2 18650 batteries) and how it tapers out from the middle.
Thanks ricey. I ordered for a Gunmetal Sigelei 213 yesterday evening. A bit pricey, especially in AUD$ but the mod looks just so sexy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Thanks ricey. I ordered for a Gunmetal Sigelei 213 yesterday evening. A bit pricey, especially in AUD$ but the mod looks just so sexy.

Forgot to mention I ordered mine from 3avape, it was $90 USD shipped.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Decided to pick up a new tank this morning, ended up picking up a black Uwell Crown.

View attachment 550609

So far the flavor is far better then my TFV4 that has the octuple clapton coil head in it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
How about the airflow. It's obviously not as airy, hence the uwell can deliver more flavour, but how airy is the crown? I know it's quite a difficult question to answer in a way I'll understand, and I only have the STMV2 and Boreas RTAs to use for comparison in respect to restrictive airflow to wide open.

Reactions: Vapah

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Forgot to mention I ordered mine from 3avape, it was $90 USD shipped.
Yeah I saw it 3F, and at FT, but they're on preorder. Instead I opted to spend AUD$137 with an Aussie vendor who had it in stock. With any luck I'll get it by Wednesday.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
How about the airflow. It's obviously not as airy, hence the uwell can deliver more flavour, but how airy is the crown? I know it's quite a difficult question to answer in a way I'll understand, and I only have the STMV2 and Boreas RTAs to use for comparison in respect to restrictive airflow to wide open.

The Crown is about twice the air of the Subtank Mini V2 and half the air of the Boreas wide open.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN

imo the airflow is pretty similar to each other, the air flow on the TFV4 is handled by 4 smaller holes where on the Crown is handled by 2 larger holes. Both are great tanks. The TFV4 flavor to me is a bit muted, where the Crown can produce some cloudage and has excellent flavor

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
The Crown is about twice the air of the Subtank Mini V2 and half the air of the Boreas wide open.

That sounds like it could fit my style. And it's replacement coils are cheaper the TFV4's. Thanks Shaun.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
imo the airflow is pretty similar to each other, the air flow on the TFV4 is handled by 4 smaller holes where on the Crown is handled by 2 larger holes. Both are great tanks. The TFV4 flavor to me is a bit muted, where the Crown can produce some cloudage and has excellent flavor

Does the crown have clicky airflow settings?

Users who are viewing this thread