16796920_1918038711760283_640637009284642617_o.jpg

I like the Stephen King collection.:D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Really?

I have the juice holes packed pretty loosely and have no ingress of eliquid.

I stuck a pair of .7 (.35) super claptons in it and it chucks. I'm running at 55w most of the time.

70/30 e-liquid. Maybe try a re-wick with beefier coils?
Thanks!
I don't think it is juice being sucked out of the tank, the wick holes are full of Rayon but not packed tight.

Beefier? ;)
The Aliens are triple core 26g, ohm out at .1 and fill the space between the juice holes. I run them on the BFDFT at 150W, so moving them over to the Maiden should have been too easy.

I have an assortment of Clapton coils inbound next week, so I will revisit the Maiden then with something I can run sub 100W. I might still fool around with the 24g build just for S&G's.

Reactions: cocy c

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
This is a purely personal preference, but except for one tank, I avoid those plugs, especially in tanks like these. Tanks with large chambers need a decent amount of metal in them to really produce. Trying to partially choke off one half can really cut into the very strengths a tank offers and end up highlighting deficiencies. I think one large coil can work as you can still get sufficient mass into the build to heat up enough juice to fill the chamber with vapor. But I just can't see a plug on a tank like this turning it into a juice sipping Merlin.
Agreed!
I've used the single coil plugs (center hole and solid) on the Supreme and was not a fan of the single coil setup. The Supreme and the Plus are really designed for dual coils.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Beefier? ;)
The Aliens are triple core 26g, ohm out at .1 and fill the space between the juice holes. I run them on the BFDFT at 150W, so moving them over to the Maiden should have been too easy.

Really? Well you enjoy living in the danger zone.;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
LOL that's an oddity. I mean, I had a pair of aliens in there @ .2 running 90w without issue.

Wonder what's going on there.
Does your ceramic cup come off the deck quite easily? I have already replaced both o-rings on it as it is a little loose fitting.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
This is a purely personal preference, but except for one tank, I avoid those plugs, especially in tanks like these. Tanks with large chambers need a decent amount of metal in them to really produce. Trying to partially choke off one half can really cut into the very strengths a tank offers and end up highlighting deficiencies. I think one large coil can work as you can still get sufficient mass into the build to heat up enough juice to fill the chamber with vapor. But I just can't see a plug on a tank like this turning it into a juice sipping Merlin.
Nope I agree with you for sure. I never seen the point of using a pluf on a dual coil deck to make it a single coil
it's a big reason I love the EXO RTA. it's a different deck for dual and single coil set ups. I personally never use the little plugs, but I'm mostly a dual coil guy so no reason to. I think if people want a single coil tank they are better off buying a single coil one instead of trying to do it with a dual.
I have though for proof of concept done it on the boreas which doesn't have a plug and just plugged the holes myself with cotton and it worked fine. But half the flavor as my dual coil set up LMAO

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
yeah the one I'm looking at comes with the reducer, postless deck, short mode chimney and some extra stuff. narrowed it down to this or the exo, need a 25+mm rta so iter be one or the other.

tbh I was mostly just curious about the single coil reducers bc the huge, fat chimney makes it
seem unfeasible

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The new Geek Vape Medusa RDTA made matchy matchy with the Smok XCube Ultra's LED set as close to the gold of the Ultem chuff (which is too short, but accomodates 510 drip tips - this one was stolen from the Merlin). Noice!

58ab869b508f86cbc70ef639449be454.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Minikin 2! :thumbs:
Now that Aeolus, which one did you get and does it have a squonk pin?
It's an Aeolus Lite and it did not come with a squonk pin. Its square center post would make BF modification tricky.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Users who are viewing this thread