KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Thanks for the tip
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

Is that just regular cleaning alcohol you use or does it have to be food-safe alcohol? The latter is rather expensive here at ten bucks per 100ml (that's over 70% in taxes I believe, lol).
I just use warm soapy water to clean my atomisers, o-rings and all. It works just fine for me; however, I don't have the sharpest taste buds. Maybe my method is still not the best for getting rid of lingering flavours. But when I'm cleaning brand new atomisers, I prefer soaking them in cheap nasty vodka. After removing the o-rings of course.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

But today I built my very first coil on a Griffin 25 and it works! ......

Nice. Can't wait for my new batteries/charger to get here so I can break out one of my 200w TC mods and build up my griffin 25 and other big tanks. The 2 RTA's I have tried so far (Gemini and Griffin 22) are total juice hogs so the 3 - 3.5 ML capacity is a bit of an annoyance.

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I just use warm soapy water to clean my atomisers, o-rings and all. It works just fine for me; however, I don't have the sharpest taste buds. Maybe my method is still not the best for getting rid of lingering flavours. But when I'm cleaning brand new atomisers, I prefer soaking them in cheap nasty vodka. After removing the o-rings of course.

That's how I did it at first, but I find that it doesn't remove all juice flavors and sometimes leaves a citrus taste (from the soap, pretty nice one it's own funny enough) to the o-rings so I'm looking for alternatives now. I think I prefer boiling over using alcohol personally if it works well enough but I'm just trying things out a bit at the moment.

I should have started an atty-cleaning-thread! lol

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
That's how I did it at first, but I find that it doesn't remove all juice flavors and sometimes leaves a citrus taste (from the soap, pretty nice one it's own funny enough) to the o-rings so I'm looking for alternatives now. I think I prefer boiling over using alcohol personally if it works well enough but I'm just trying things out a bit at the moment.

I should have started an atty-cleaning-thread! lol
Don't use scented soap/diswashing liquid; It will leave a residue behind which you will smell and taste. I use unscented soap bar. As I said before, I still don't have sharpest taste buds.

Maybe you should have started a new thread, although this is still related to this thread; tips and tricks on how to keep your atomisers looking clean and shiny for your setup pictures.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I've actually never posted a pic in any of these threads in 3+ years of being around because I've never really had anything I was exceptionally proud of. Just about everything I've ever had from day one has been stock with replaceable coils and quite boring.

But today I built my very first coil on a Griffin 25 and it works! 26 Gauge kanthal dual coil came out at 0.45 ohms and currently vaping at 34W. Scared to get a dry hit at the moment as I vape Max VG Heavenly Tobacco (If you're never had it, think thickest juice on the planet) but so far so good, just an almost dry hit that went away after I got an air bubble out.

Pretty impressed already, I've been using Kanger Subtanks for over a year and have never even attempted to vape one without letting it sit for 12 hours because of my juice. Started using this one less than 15 minutes after wicking.

I CAN BUILD GUYS!!!! I DID IT!

View attachment 581307
Nice!!!

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Thanks for the tip

Is that just regular cleaning alcohol you use or does it have to be food-safe alcohol? The latter is rather expensive here at ten bucks per 100ml (that's over 70% in taxes I believe, lol).
I just use regular rubbing alcohol. I rinse very good and let em sit out for a good while before using them.

Works like a charm! Its the only thing that would get that Anise flavor out of my U-Can. I imagine that vodka would work too.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I just use regular rubbing alcohol. I rinse very good and let em sit out for a good while before using them.

Works like a charm! Its the only thing that would get that Anise flavor out of my U-Can. I imagine that vodka would work too.
I'm a bit hesitant using alcohol/alohol based cleaning agents when cleaning o-rings.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I'm a bit hesitant using alcohol/alohol based cleaning agents when cleaning o-rings.

We have used some sort of alcohol as long as I can remember and is the preferred for use by hand or ultrasonic cleaners to remove stubborn eliquids.

There is no risk but you should do what makes you comfortable in the end.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have a wht one of those also, it's a bear to get the battery in/out !
my lanyard hole was all clogged up and I had to modify (reason I bought it)
and how about those LONG WINDED threads of the 510...

but wife has been beating on it for about 1.5 months (1.2Ω/11w) and it has held up , so far...

;)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Looks almost like a 30mm baby bottle.
20160718_111518_zpspykgcquh.jpg

20160722_170641_zpswhdrmywi.jpg

Serpent Mini+Therion
20160716_032058_zpsfocfm1qe.jpg

Playing with new printer by wrapping some batteries. Same picture represents a married set.
20160722_181152_zpsx1adver3.jpg

20160722_173523_zpspwo9fojd.jpg
What printer do you use? I'm fascinated with the new printer technology but I'm very ignorant about it.

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
What printer do you use? I'm fascinated with the new printer technology but I'm very ignorant about it.

A simple color printer. I literally put in paper and paper comes out with colors on it.

Samsung Xpress SL-C430W/XAA

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Looks almost like a 30mm baby bottle.
20160718_111518_zpspykgcquh.jpg

20160722_170641_zpswhdrmywi.jpg

Serpent Mini+Therion
20160716_032058_zpsfocfm1qe.jpg

Playing with new printer by wrapping some batteries. Same picture represents a married set.
20160722_181152_zpsx1adver3.jpg

20160722_173523_zpspwo9fojd.jpg
Omg the TNT mod is looking good!

Cool batteries wraps, how do you make them? Where do you take the wraps and what printer you use to do it?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Don't use scented soap/diswashing liquid; It will leave a residue behind which you will smell and taste. I use unscented soap bar. As I said before, I still don't have sharpest taste buds.

Maybe you should have started a new thread, although this is still related to this thread; tips and tricks on how to keep your atomisers looking clean and shiny for your setup pictures.

Normally I don't have a problem with it. I do rinse thoroughly, let everything soak in clean water for at least an hour, and rinse once more thoroughly afterwards though.

I accidentally left those o-rings that now have a citrus-smell in the soapy solution overnight though, I will not make that mistake again.

Alright, thanks. I'll give it a try if boiling them longer doesn't work

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
Omg the TNT mod is looking good!

Cool batteries wraps, how do you make them? Where do you take the wraps and what printer you use to do it?
Here is the how to video I watched. Any printer will do.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread