Pictures of serious battery failure - IMR 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Hickory, North Carolina
Dont chargers have a failsafe that makes charging overnight ok? Mine has a light that turns red when you put a battery on it then green when the charge is done. Take a green battery off and put it back on the light will turn red for like 5 seconds then back to green. Its safe to leave a battery on this type of charger overnight right. I mean cell phones and ipods dont blow up when left on.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Wow... I found this thread while doing an unrelated forum search. After reading every post in the thread my OCD has kicked in. I have a 200 dollar mod enroute and the protected AW batteries recommended for it but I think I'll probably have to get and learn to use a multi-meter before I use it.

I know, walking down a sidewalk isn't without its risks these days but sometimes information overload can lead to rash decisons. Like, there are enough things in life I can't control but those that I can, avoid them. And yes, I wont be carrying my cell phone in my pocket again anytime soon either! :laugh:

If you have or ever make your own USB passthrough without safety shut off/kill circuitry, be very careful that it doesn't fall between the cushions on your couch/chair or you might come home some day to find your house up in flames. Almost happened to me. I have since moved the push button to a safer spot and always leave it on the table now.

Sookie Sookie

Moved On
Jun 3, 2011
Orlando Fl
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: unregistered

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
No, No, a thousand times NO.

Dont chargers have a failsafe that makes charging overnight ok? Mine has a light that turns red when you put a battery on it then green when the charge is done. Take a green battery off and put it back on the light will turn red for like 5 seconds then back to green. Its safe to leave a battery on this type of charger overnight right. I mean cell phones and ipods dont blow up when left on.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
One of the guys at the Toyota Dealership showed me his leg where his cell phone had started to burn. Batteries in cell phones, computers, etc catch fire. Their are pics everywhere of these. On this forum, there are pics of a Passthrough plugged into a computer that started on fire by itself after user walked away. Don't throw caution to the wind folks. Batteries should be charged while you are in attendance. Not sleeping or outside mowing the grass. Chargers fail also.

Wow... I found this thread while doing an unrelated forum search. After reading every post in the thread my OCD has kicked in. I have a 200 dollar mod enroute and the protected AW batteries recommended for it but I think I'll probably have to get and learn to use a multi-meter before I use it.

I know, walking down a sidewalk isn't without its risks these days but sometimes information overload can lead to rash decisons. Like, there are enough things in life I can't control but those that I can, avoid them. And yes, I wont be carrying my cell phone in my pocket again anytime soon either! :laugh:

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
IMO, every vaper should have a multimeter, and like dspin said, just don't leave batteries unattended

My head is swimming. Read through approximately 7 pages of this before I had to skip to the end. I still don't even know what those wooden boxes are that you guys are vaping with are called or if you've bought or made them or what!! This is all so confusing but I'm reading and trying to learn. I know, I'm such a noob. (sorry)

I thought e-cigs were pretty much just these cigarette looking devices referred to as batteries (of which I own 6 from 3 different manufacturers no less in my hunt for the perfect "puff") After trying to digest some of this info I think my tired old brain needs a nap. LOL Great info though, thank you guys so much for providing this forum and for all the members here who contribute such interesting information! (even though I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all at the moment!) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread