Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Wow, it's quiet in here! Hello PIF peeps.:vapor:I've finally got the hubs to try a mod after fiddling around with an eroll and 100% vg until he was so frustrated he started smoking again. We went to a local shop and he got a juiccy (yes that's how it's spelled) vw mod (it's from a company called Kandypens. I got no hits in a search here) and a kanger subtank nano. I know how electricity works and the relationship between volts/watts/amps/ohms. What I don't know is how all those things relate to juice. He says it's really harsh, so I told him to turn down the watts. I'm assuming that's what it was? Are we all still freaked out by sub ohm vaping or is a device made for it safe enough to not stress out? Maybe I should ask elsewhere, but I know you all.:toast:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Just started this myself daisy. While I'm not cloud chasing - it's not the sub-ohm I'm after - it's nice vapor production and awesome flavor. As for harshness - what nic is he using? Because there's more vapor, the nic has better distribution/release, therefore, the nic needs to be reduced. What ohm coil?

Reactions: daisyd

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
He's at like 6 or 12 MG I think. It's been a while since I made juice for him. He started with the 0.5 so I told him to swap it for the 1.2 that also came with it. He said that was better. He just wants to vape more than 3 puffs without burning juice. Once I got him over the whole has to look and feel like a cigarette thing there are more options. I just need to be able to fix any problems he has with it. Since I still use and love my eroll, I have no clue on the variables. He hasn't texted again, so it may be going smoothly now. I know I'm more comfortable with him using 1.2. Sub ohm is a bit scary, at least it was last time I looked at it. Vaping changes do fast. :lol:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A post I read recently talked about preserving mg x ml and mg x W, which kind of makes sense to me as a starting point.

I still use my buzz pro, 6 - 8 ml/day, 8 - 10W, 6 mg (been at six for a long time now, no particular urge to cut to 0). I was lucky, won one of the mini+ in the big ECF contest.

I'll be mixing 3 mg vanilla tobacco, anticipate running through about 12 ml/day at 16 - 20 W (1.2 ohms). If I try the 0.5 ohm head I'll likely drop it to around a 2 mg strength.

(Thank God for DIY --trivial to downmix my 6mg.)

Sowwy I've been AWOL so long -- life IRL has been busy, all good. DW and I just picked up 2 2mo Aussie pups Saturday, to go with our 6yo Jasmine Labbie and her 7 (or 8) yo brother Sidney Aussie.

Bear is a super sweetheart male, with mitten paws, while his litter-mate sister Maggie is smaller, more inquisitive, a ball of energy. Fun times ahead training them :).

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'll get better pics later, DW had to crate them to get them both in one picture.
797d60114b814845e8b0b3a9748fedf6.jpg

Bear is showing off his mittens, Maggie is a wired Aussie, smaller but high energy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread