~*PIF Love Contest*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkeyedszn

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
USA
This isn't an entry... so if this post happens to randomly get picked, you can move onto the next number.

I just wanted to say reading all of these posts is so heartwarming and is totally making me tear up. It's very comforting knowing that there are so many truly good people in the world to combat all of the those who aren't. I'm glad to be in the company of such wonderful people, so thanks to all of you.

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
hmmm there have been so many touching moments here in pif. Off the top of my head I thought about mick and his son! That was so touching the way everyone pitched in and puled together so quickly.
Also the most moving to me was also the worst moment I can recall. When I saw the post about what happened to Jojo I cried. Such a sweet and giving lady I was crushed for her. She has so many times come to the rescue here to many. I cried happy tears many times after that the way everyone pulled together with prayers, and organizing things to replace her stuff. It just goes to show that no matter what is going on in our group, if someone is in need we pull together to do anything we can to help.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I think one of my favorite PIF-type moments took place in my day-to-day. I have a friend who has always really looked up to me over the years we've been friends. He's a few years younger than me, and I took him under my wing while we were in college. When I need someone to just listen, he's one of the first people I contact, and vice-versa.

This past summer, he was told by his doctor that he had to quit smoking because of some complications with his trhoat. He really struggled doing so, and ultimately went back to smoking. After I started vaping, and had graduated from my 510 mega batteries, I decided to more or less gift him my kit. I sent him with a full-blown 510 mega battery setup, and he was on his way. He called me the next day and told me just how much he was enjoying it, and how easy it was for him to use, especially at work, where he works around children.

Having someone who is that close to you call you up, ecstatic about something you did for him, makes it worth the effort. It's really a great feeling. While I can't say all my PIF's have been that meaningful to me, they may have been to you. I always try to put up something equal or better when I take a PIF. There have been a lot of offers I have been interested in, but pass on, simply because I don't think I can offer up enough. That's the real spirit of PIF, being more worried about the person behind you than the one giving to you.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I dunno if this really counts as a PIF moment...but wanted to share anyways.

I have this beat up, .... ugly 5v box mod i got from a guy who used to make them....well, he quit vaping and sold me both of his box mods that he personally used. I kept one and gifted one to a friend of mine ( who loves it, and it has helped him quit smoking :) yay)...anyways...this ugly box mod has a melted place in one corner where the maker used to keep it in his pocket when he worked, Sometimes it would activate and it melted a soft spot in the box. I didnt care...because i really liked this guy and I was proud to have his box mod that he used himself.

It actually is my favorite box mod of all...and believe me, ive had a few. Mainly because it was His...and he quit vaping on this thing....it meant something to him...and now it means something to me :)

Anyways...it quit working on me last week. I was thinking what the heck am i going to do about this?

Well....Karr jumped to my rescue....im sending it to him and he is going to fix my ugly worn out 5v box mod that i dearly love.

Karr is AWESOME and i love him dearly for doing this for me.

I plan on paying him for the repairs and sending him some goodys for doing it besides..

But this is an awesome group....Karr is a special and beloved member here and I really appreciate all he does for us.

So...Kudo's to you KarrMcDebt...Love you to bits, my friend !!

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
My first PIF ever I made the mistake of not putting "I'll take this and brb with offer" and just took my sweet ace time putting everything in the PIF. By the time I got done with posting it another member had already add something. Not knowing what to do and feeling bad I didn't offer more. I let a msg stating how bad I felt I didn't have more to give at the time. I almost instantly got 3 PM's and multiple MSG telling me don't worry about it. It's yours and this type of stuff always happen on here, and to just pass on the karma. It made me smile and feel so welcomed. :)

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Back in the beginning I had an auto 901. I was overfilling the carts and then started dripping. Anyone that has used an auto 901 knows what happens when you do that. I was flooding the atty, thus flooding the unsealed auto batteries. I was going thru batteries left and right. I was talking about it and asking about passthrus and someone, have no idea who for sure, had a member named nerf make me a 901 PT. I literally7 cried when I found out that someone was doing that for me. That PT is still working but it has been passed on to several people over the last year. This place is amazing in the way they jump in and help new people or people that need a hand up. The generosity just seems to never end.

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
Sorry to post another one so fast but I wanted to post this moment that I had. When I first officially signed up for the forum I was kinda lost and not sure where to go with so many sub-forums. So I just skimmed through the main list for all the subs and came across classifieds and trades. I was so surprised that they had a PIF forum and thought maybe you had to be a member to join and maybe that cost a membership fee. After clicking on the link I had no idea what was going on (with all the lingo and stuff). After making my first PIF and being informed of what everything meant and proper ways to go about things I decided to look through all pages b/c I wanna to see if there were any shade balls out there. I went through first 10 or so pages and nothing, so I just started picking random pages. After about 20 or so of those I can to one conclusion there are still really good ppl out in this world. I grew up in the city and worked my ... off to get out of there. One thing that was instilled in me as a child though from my parents is that 90% of ppl in this world will turn on you for material or emotional things. So being like this and reading the pages I did I was kinda confused. It seems like the majority of the ppl in PIF are part of that 10% that is willing to help and support you for no other reason then because it's the right thing to do. If you don't believe me look at the over 300 pages this sub-forum, and look at how many times ppl just add items to include stuff in other ppl PIF just for no apparent reason but to make the person receive it smile. Or look at the banter between ppl on PIF and you will see how helpful and caring ppl are on PIF. It makes me so happy to know ppl in this world are helping to make that 10% get a little bigger.

Last edited:

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
The following is my favorite because the boy named in this letter is my son, Jake. He was 16 and had a seasonal job at a friend's Christmas tree farm. It didn't pay much and tips were always welcomed. Many of Jake's friends are quite well off but unfortunately for Jake, our family never had a lot of money. He was very active in school activities so there wasn't a lot of time left for work so consequently, he was usually broke. lol. I think that was why this letter made me so proud.

Here is the letter:

Good morning. Just wanted to let you know what a great time I had on Saturday. I won a coupon for a cut your own tree from Jim Harper and Magic Radio. It has been 6 years since we had a Christmas tree at our house. What a wonderful surprise to finally have one.
Although it was a long drive to get there, it was certainly worth the time and gas.
I found a beautiful Blue Spruce. WOW! And was told I would also receive free hot cider and a discount on take home purchases.
All of the employees at Magic Radio and Blake's were very cheerful and capable in their tasks.
The young man who was securing the tree to the roof of my car and I were talking and I told him that I had come 65 miles (one way) to pick up my prize tree. He saw my handicap sticker and reassured me that he would carefully make sure that my tree made it home in one piece.
This young man's name was Jake. He was happy to help and refused the tip that I tried to give him. When I insisted, he merely smiled, waved and said, "Have a happy holiday". Thank you so much and bless you, Jake.

I am blessed. How did I get so lucky?

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I wanted to share a PIF moment that touched me from the beginning of my vaping journey. I had become a member of vapers place and they were having a live video chat for newbies with Grimm Green. One of the people in the chat was going to win a his/hers M401 kit. I thought that it was perfect because not only did I have a TON of questions to ask Grimm, but I needed something else other than the crappy Blu I had.

There were over 40 people in that chat room, most of which were not newbies. People kept asking him questions about his tattoos, his job, his music, etc. I kept throwing out actual newbie questions about vaping. When it was time for the giveaway, the moderator asked a question and the first person to answer won the kits. I was too slow in answering and Angelbunny won. She told the moderator to give the his/hers kids to me because I asked some really good questions and I deserved it. That was so sweet of her and it gave me a great feeling about the community in general.

I have since given away both of the M401's that Angelbunny gave me in the PIF thread.

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
I havent been in PIF for to long and only have acouple of moments so I'll just say how i found this group.

Well it was about alil over a month after i started vapping and needed to find some suppliers that took money orders cuz i have bad credit and was overdrafted on my bank account. I had alot of people come to my aid and help me find places and offered advice and even ejuice. I was so blown away by all the responses.Then i started to see a trend.....Everyone was from a group called PIF!! I didnt even know there was groups on ECF at the time.Well i looked around and so many of you helped eachother and supported eachother and i knew i wanted to be in PIF.Sence then everyones been so helpful and this place just has good vibes that I am happy to call PIF my home at ECF.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
I hope this doesn't put me in bad w/ the folks here as I'm still new and haven't put much into PIF here itself yet, but I think I'm doing a good thing.

A friend of mine has been looking into e-cigs for awhile now even before I became interested (though I only found out about this tonight) Anyway, a friend of hers decided he wanted to sell her his 510 titan because he got a tornado (sorry but US TW is like a 10 min drive from here.) and I helped her negotiate price (since it was used $25 since it came w/ 2 attys (1 used - i don't know how much) and 2 used batts (don't know how much) so I don't know how much life either of them have in them. and a wall charger , but he only had 1 spare cart. So tonight I made up a juice starter kit for here w/ a flat tip cart of mine (since i only have 5 myself) filled w/ 16mg menthol (she smokes 305 menthols now) and i used some of the bottles I got from the DIY pif and dumbed down some of my 24s to roughly between 16-18mg (didn't use calculator because some1 else was on PC) and dumbed down the cherry cola flavor i was given, plus made a chocolate liquour as my first ever DIY flavor (though think i put too much VG in it) making it about 12mb nic give or take. Tomorrow when I give it to her i'm going to get her started on ECF. Hopefully this will keep her in a healthier and happier direction.

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
This one is really short and sweet. I just got to my parents house to celebrate the 4th with them. They live a hour away so I packed up the trusty 510 and headed out kinda late. I haven't seen my parents since I started vaping 2 months ago and was looking forward to telling them about this new techno savy way of smoking called vaping. Plus I knew it would make my mom happy that I'm not smoking a pack and a half a day anymore. So I showed up with my backpack and laundry basket just like any son going home would do. After putting my bags in the guest room my mom stops me and hands me a disposible eletronic cigarette and says, " I know you hate smoking outside so dad got you one of these off the internet to use while your here tonight.....did you stop smoking? you don't smell like smoke." I went over to my backpack and pulled out my mini-tackle box and showed her my 510 and how it works and what its all about. She was so happy I was quitting analogs. I ended up giving my little cousin the disposible e-cig and a link to this site. He just started smoking but thought my e-cig was so cool bc he could now smoke/vape in the house. I told him he should just quit nic altogether but just incase I told him to check out this site if he doesn't. Hopefully I can get the rest of my fam off analogs with these PV :) Happy 4th all be safe out there tonight.

Nforcer

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
A, A
This one happened to me , i participated in a contest hosted by JenJen for some V4l accesories , found out about the contest preety late so i've photoshopped something really fast for the contest but it was kinda late so i didnt had time for more submissions , so the contest ended and the winners announced , when suddenly i received a PM from JenJen stating that my submission was nice and he would send me some good's , and indeed he sent me a Vaporking XL battery , 5 cartos , and juices to try out the Vaporking :D , that was PIF to me .

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
HI,
I was a lurker for a long time, before I ever posted in PIF. I was scared to say hi, to ask for stuff, etc.....
Then I decided to just join the group (PIF) and I was welcomed by one person, who was then just gone.....
Then on 6/12/10 I was in a motorcycle accident, while going 2 mph ( I was in class attempting to get my endorsement) doing a stop and go excercie, while attempting to squeeze the brake I hit the throttle instead (my hands are very small and I was on a dual purpose bike). I flipped over the handlebars and landed on my knees. I broke my right tibia, left patella (found this out a couple of days ago), left a laceration on my left leg that needed 8 stitches. I also bruised about 4-5 ribs on my right side. Out for 12-16 months.

Because I can't drive right now or even walk without pain, I don't go anywhere without at least one member of my family, but usually both of them. I don't have any income coming in and I don't have any medical insurance. So I certainly didn't have any money to spend on anything vaping wise or analogs for that matter. To top off the accident my 2 e9 batteries quit working right before the accident and about 10 days afterwards my 510 passthrough quit working and My juice was getting really low.

That is when I posted on wants and needs, and Oh My people came from everywhere, it felt like to help me.. Me who no one knew from adam or eve for that matter and just gave and gave to me. I had an offer to fix my 510 PT, and people sent me 510 batteries, cartos, juice, notes, thoughts, PM's and just plain love, and it's still continuing. I can't express the extreme gratitude I feel to this group, to help me feel better and continue to vape while I can't really get out to actually work to make money to buy more supplies.

Then I lost my box mod, it just quit working right after I received the 510 batteries, from wants and needs member. I got the box mod taken care of because I had it less than 2 weeks.

It has been truely a test of patience, and humility. If I had one wish for this group, it would be to never lose your faith in one another and your love to pass it forward. I cry everytime I look at everything people have sent me, it was and continues to be an awesome experience and I hope to be able to return the help in the future.

thanks for reading
Lorizgal aka Michelle

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
Just got done with the 4th bbq at my grandparents house. I saw my uncle Bob there and seen he was still smoking. He's kinda hard headed so I didn't want to get all in his face with my e-cig and try to pressure him with vaping. So I decided to just join him when he went out for his after lunch cig. Why I did this I don't know b/c it is 91 and humid outside (I mean I had other motives obviously). So I start talking to him about his bike and what kinda motorcycle he was thinking about getting next and so on and so forth. Chit chatted till he asked me about what I had in my hand. I told him it was a e-cig and started to explain what it was till he cut me off and said he was inquiring about one of those the other day. So I gave him the usual info about the forum and a couple suppliers I use and handed him the 510. I think we might have another vaper in the community. I'm so happy though my uncle has been smoking at least a pack a day for well over 50 years and I hope this makes his life a whole lot better thank you e-cig!!!

simmi5

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Escanaba, Michigan, a Yooper!
Once I started hanging around ecf, I had joined a few ecig pages on Facebook. After I had received my first wonderful pif items which were a combination of things from 3 different members here, I noticed a young guy that was posting on one of those FB pages. He had purchased some low end generic e-cig and I started chatting with him. After he had it for 2 weeks, it completely died. He was SO upset! He's young, married with a new baby, out of work...just a crappy situation for him. He was very discouraged about having to go back to smoking. He started looking to buy a new kit, so I tried to help him choose wisely, finally explaining to him that out of the ones he was looking at, the 510 would be the best route for him. He loves it! I checked in with him after about 2 weeks, just to see how he was doing. I gave him links for reputable vendors from here, the link to ECF, and generally let him know about the wonderful people here. Money was still very tight for him, and he was almost out of juice. I sent him a few sites that had less expensive juice, and he was thrilled. I asked him what kind of juices he was looking for, and then I made up a good sized package of juices for him and sent it on to him. OMG, he and his wife were SO grateful! It was so great to be able to help somebody else, especially somebody that really needed it and appreciated it. Because of the flavored juices I had included, his mom decided to try e-cigs, too. He also has been trying to convert his friends! I just love that because of the generosity of people here, I was able to pay it forward and share with someone else who really needed it.

My Father passed away on March 7, 2010 from cigarette smoking (even though he quit 10 years earlier on Dr.'s warning). It had been exactly one week after I had cancer surgery. He had kept begging me to quit smoking. I had many other health issues even before the cancer, and I used to flippantly say to him that it really didn't matter because I wasn't going to live that long anyway.
Then I decided that I would quit, but couldn't no matter how I tried. I told him I was going to, and he kept asking me when? He suffered so badly the last year of his life, it broke my heart. I had heard about e-cigs in Europe, but had no idea they were available here in U.S. I had to go to a local mall to buy some items for after my surgery and I saw the kiosk! I immediately bought the most expensive, yet worse e-cig kit ever made.
My father was in the hospital, devastated about me! Well I had my surgery (vaping while I had to wait over 3 hours in pre-op). I came home and was supposed to stay in bed. My Dad took an awful turn for the worse and I got out of bed to go to see him. I wanted to show him my e-cig so bad. He was so ill, I was not able to. He went into a coma and I went back to see him. He passed away 2 days later and in his honor, I quit smoking that day! I know that he knows now!
I've since given many e-cig kits to others and bought for others. This is my way for Paying It Forward to honor my father. I will continue to do so as long as I am able!!!

I took my Father's death very hard. I knew that not all e-cigs cud be as bad as the ones that I had bought at the mall, or nobody would even bother with them. So I got online and started looking. I needed a better e-cig, as I was determined not to go back to the cigarettes. After buying another expensive bad kit, somehow I found my way to the ecf forum! I couldn't sleep, was deep in grieving.
I met kind people who steered me to e-cigs and mods that would keep me away from cigarettes!
Then I found PIF!!! One of my first e-cig swaps was with an angel named Keyzygirl! We had swapped some batts. When her package arrived it not only had the battery, but the most beautiful, hand beaded lanyard to match in the cutest and most delicate white, bag with a white ribbon! I was so amazed by a complete stranger's kindness I literally wept and wept. It had been made by her own hands!
Then the worst thing that could happen, did! My package to her was lost in the mail!!! I told her that I would just buy her another and a few extras for all her trouble and have it shipped directly to her. She kept telling me not to and that she understood things like that could happen. She kept telling me to stop worrying about it, as she believed me a complete stranger new to PIF! Thank goodness that I did pay for tracking and kept on the post office. I told them how bad that it made me look and feel. I was going on a vacation and asked Keyzy to just let me buy her another. She again told me to wait and not to worry about it and just enjoy my trip! When I got back after bothering every postal department for weeks, she finally received it 23 days after I had mailed it according to the postmark on the package! Now if that doesn't show kindness, generosity, trust and goodness to a complete stranger (at that time), I don't know what does? Thank GOD for Keyzygirl and PIF for helping me through my grief and restoring my faith in people just when I needed it the most!!!

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
The NBC contest was a good pif moment 4 sure. I remember one of the winners was kinda to scared to respond...maybe she thought it was a scam...IDK.But I remember it was like everyone was stalking her cuz they really wanted her to take the prize.....lol.But I think all the noobs wer happy and shocked to win a contest they didnt even know they entered...lol.I believe it was Mutt that thought of the contest and with all the mods getting things together that pif'ers sent. it was a real great contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread