~*PIF Love Contest*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I had received a used eGo battery from Natura in a DIY PIF offer. I took it so I could give it to my coworker who is constantly using my PV when we work together. I had posted that I was wondering if anyone had a charger that would charge the eGo that they could spare. Bert PM'd me and said that he had one. We made a trade and I got the charger. I had a few 510 atty's and cartos that I gave to her along with several bottles of different flavored juices that I made for her. She had the whole kit ready to go. I put it all in a cute little gift bag and told her I had a present. She was sooo happy when I gave it to her. When she asked me what she owed me, I said, "Nothing. All I ask is that one day you PIF to someone else. It doesn't have to be ecig related. It can be anything." She smiled and said, "I can do that!"

(I also told her about this site, specifically this subforum. So hopefully we'll be seeing her...)

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
A different kind of PIF...

Years back, I was flat broke... college student... I had about 10 bucks on me and I decided that eating would be a good move... I spent seven dollars in the grocery store on a sack of potatoes and ramen noodles and PB...

On the way out of the store... I found 14.00 on the ground.

My conscience won out and I brought the 14.00 to the customer service window and said someone dropped it... etc...

The clerk took the cash and thanked me.

On the way home, I stopped in at a gas station and to buy... yep... a pack of smokes...

$1.65 for the cheapest pack... Dorals or Alpines.. I don't recall.

I bought a $1 scratch ticket with the remaining dollar.
Won Three Dollars.
Grabbed three more scratchers...
won $10 + 2 +2 = $14.00.

The universe is a weird place.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I also got an ego battery in a PIF trade,from Unsure.It really helped me out,as my BB wasnt working and I was having charging issues with my 808s.I also had a dse 905,but no atty to use with it.I was very close to just giving up.The ego battery is keeping me going and I made another few trades,with mini_art I traded my 905 for another ego batt,then I traded my 808 batts for another ego batt.Hopefully I get the batts today and Ill be back in vaping heaven.
I feel good about the trades because my 905 gets to be someone elses first mod,as it was for me,and my 808s are a gift for a friend of aidja to get her started vaping.We all help eachother and its such an awesome thing!!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Okay one more thing I have to say Thank you to Victro Dvaping.I was feeling pretty yucky on Sunday at 6am,I had to get ready for work and I didnt think I would make it through the day.I read her story on here and I had a tear in my eye and a smile on my face when I left the house.It really made my day and I want her to know that I think she is a wonderful person.Im so,so glad That we made that trade,and Im glad your my friend!Thanks Vikki!!

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
This is something that happened awhile ago that i wrote about on another thread that I started but was a good personal PIF moment that I had. I just copied n pasted but heres the link if anyone want to jump in that thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-whats-your-reaction-smokers-now-you-vap.html

Anyways here it is.....

I was on a date with my girlfriend last night and there was a guy smoking outside the restaurant.The place was packed so there was a line out the door and past the smoker. So watching him smoke made me want to vape.So I stepped out of line to join him. Standing about 5 feet away from the smoker I started to vape away....but then I started to get some of his smoke blowing my way. It smelled so bad I started to think....when I was a smoker I never realized how i effected the people around me. I glanced at some of the people in the line and some of them i could see wer grossed out and mad.Then I started to think....Man why do i have to vape here next to him? Im grossed out by the smell also. I dont smell like that anymore....Thats when it hit me....I was one of thos people that didnt like smokers now! I felt kinda guilty so I asked him what he was smoking....then told him i was a ex-smoker and now I vape. He heard of a ecig before and I let him try mine. He liked it and i told him if he throws his pack of smokes away I will give him my 808 and pcc(good thing i always keep 2 ecigs on me while im out)....He was so happy he whipped out his pack of smokes and tossed em. I told him where to get more ejuice and other stuff. He was so happy and left me with a "Thanx man....now I dont have to worry about the smell and ashes and stuff anymore".

Btw the guy I pif'ed to still is vaping and is down to 2 analogs a day. I still talk with him and hes has moved on from that 808 i gave him and got a 510 kit and gave the 808 and pcc i gave him to his friend that is now enjoying it.It makes me sooo happy when a pif goes down the line :)

Last edited:

simmi5

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Escanaba, Michigan, a Yooper!
People here in PIF just randomly do really nice, unexpected things. I think it was about 2 weeks after I had taken my first PIF, I had a private message. It was from somebody I had never had any contact with. The title of it was, "you have a surprise coming". I was confused and when I read it, it was from a member that out of the blue had taken a PIF and told that person to send it to me! Out of nowhere! I was amazed that somebody apparently took note that I was a newbie, thought of me and deliberately took a PIF with me in mind. How nice is that?

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
My girlfriend works at a salon and is a heavy smoker :( When they passed the smoking ban not to long ago she had to resort to sneaking analogs by the dumpster in the back. It made me laugh at first but my girlfriend having to smoke next to a dumpster is unacceptable. So slowly I been having to ease her into the idea of switching to PV b/c she is extremely hard headed, plus she says the manual 510 are just to awkward in public. Well to make a long story short I cut her off from smoking analogs in my room when she stays over or in my car, so naturally she started hogging my 510 and vaping when she can't smoke analogs. Now she keeps trying to get me to get some "Camel menthol" like juice. Since I started vaping I been trying to stay away from menthol b/c it makes me crave analogs so I been hesitant to her requests. Now moneys been kinda tight b/c we're both college students but I scraped together what I could and ordered her a Kr808 kit with a PCC (so she can charge when shes at school). I hope when she gets the kit that she'll finally give up the analogs.....and get off my back about buying menthol juice :) It's amazing since I started vaping I always wanna share this new way of life (when it comes to smoking) with the ones closest to me.

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
When I was going to college, I was working as a waitress/bartender full-time, going to school full-time and was a full-time single mom. One morning at school, I was in the bathroom with one of my classmates. She was in her 40's and was married with 2 kids. We were making some small talk and she asked me if I was all ready for Christmas. I explained to her that working as a waitress & bartender, you never know how much you're going to make. The past few weeks had been very, very slow and all of my money had to go to bills. But I told her that my son was only 2 and he would be OK with only getting a few little presents.

She looked at me and said, "Every year my family picks a person or family to donate money to for Christmas. I think you would be perfect for us to donate to this year." I told her that there were other people who probably needed it more than me but she insisted. I cried and cried. I asked her if there was anything that I could do to repay her. She said, "I don't want anything. Maybe one day when you're in a better financial situation, you can help out someone." She wrote me a check for $350. I used some of that money to buy her an angel ornament because she was an angel.

Fast forward a few years. I get into a car accident and as a result, I had to have my right foot/bottom part of my leg amputated. Because of that, I got a good bit of money from my life insurance. One of my coworkers had been struggling with breast cancer. During this struggle, her husband left her for another man. (Yes, I said man.) She was really having a hard time getting all of her bills paid while waiting for the divorce to be final. (She would be getting a good bit of money once it was settled) Since I had just gotten a bunch of money, I gave her enough money to pay for all of her bills for one month. When she told me that she was going to pay me back I told her what the lady from college told me.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
(I'm just sitting her bawling like a child with a skinned knee. I hope I'm typing right!

You guys inspire me to give 'til it hurts. I am in awe of you, autumnbreeze.)

Thank you, Bob, for helping me help my neighbor. You don't really know me...yet, you offered to help me to help someone else. A gesture I won't forget. Thank you, again.

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
When I started vaping I started with the 808.I bought only 808 stuff and spent alot of money to get set up for the 808. Well i started to read alot of stuff on ECF about the 510.Everyone was recommending it to others and everyone used it. Needless to say i felt left out of the loop.I wanted to try the 510 and see if it worked for me but had just spent alot of money on the 808 and couldnt afford to switch it up now.So I put up a post on the wants and needs thread here in the pif group. Leannebug saw my post and offerd to send me a 510 atty. I didnt have a 510 battery so she sent me a 510 batt, a carto and charger also!I now love my 510 and was able to get a ego battery in a trade with Natura and now im slowly switching over to the 510.I dont use my 808 so much any more. I just have to thank Leanne for giving me the chance to try the 510....she is such a awesome person as for all the people here at PIF.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
DNC - *crying* *smiling*

Posted by Autumnbreeze.

When I was going to college, I was working as a waitress/bartender full-time, going to school full-time and was a full-time single mom. One morning at school, I was in the bathroom with one of my classmates. She was in her 40's and was married with 2 kids. We were making some small talk and she asked me if I was all ready for Christmas. I explained to her that working as a waitress & bartender, you never know how much you're going to make. The past few weeks had been very, very slow and all of my money had to go to bills. But I told her that my son was only 2 and he would be OK with only getting a few little presents.

She looked at me and said, "Every year my family picks a person or family to donate money to for Christmas. I think you would be perfect for us to donate to this year." I told her that there were other people who probably needed it more than me but she insisted. I cried and cried. I asked her if there was anything that I could do to repay her. She said, "I don't want anything. Maybe one day when you're in a better financial situation, you can help out someone." She wrote me a check for $350. I used some of that money to buy her an angel ornament because she was an angel.

Fast forward a few years. I get into a car accident and as a result, I had to have my right foot/bottom part of my leg amputated. Because of that, I got a good bit of money from my life insurance. One of my coworkers had been struggling with breast cancer. During this struggle, her husband left her for another man. (Yes, I said man.) She was really having a hard time getting all of her bills paid while waiting for the divorce to be final. (She would be getting a good bit of money once it was settled) Since I had just gotten a bunch of money, I gave her enough money to pay for all of her bills for one month. When she told me that she was going to pay me back I told her what the lady from college told me.

Last edited:
Ok..I know I will sound nuttin but corny..but thats ok!
Every time i come in here, there is something going on that touches my heart!! There is always someone having a hard go at it, me included! And pretty much all u have to do is ask, and like a lil touch of pixie dust, wave of a magic wand, and all is right w/ the world! It is amazing! Weather it is just a pick me up..or OMG my stuff just went up in smoke...someone is there to help, lend an ear, shoulder, kind words, or the shirt off their back so to speak. All I can say is, if you feel like humanity is going to hell in a hand basket, come in PIF, have a look, and see what we are doing for one another, simply beautiful!
Hugs & Love, Missy :)

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Every time i come in here, there is something going on that touches my heart!! There is always someone having a hard go at it, me included! And pretty much all u have to do is ask, and like a lil touch of pixie dust, wave of a magic wand, and all is right w/ the world! It is amazing! Weather it is just a pick me up..or OMG my stuff just went up in smoke...someone is there to help, lend an ear, shoulder, kind words, or the shirt off their back so to speak. All I can say is, if you feel like humanity is going to hell in a hand basket, come in PIF, have a look, and see what we are doing for one another, simply beautiful!

I couldnt of said it better myself. the love selflessness and helpfulness is definitely contagious here in PIF. In such a great group as pif when you fall someone is always there to pick you up. It is so much of what the world should be. Every day is a pif moment.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US

i obviously ain't religious but - amen:nun:

Ladylisa1965

Jul 7, 2010
My best day is when i was offered my 510. i just thought that was so awesome. I had been reading all the emails from different sites on their e-cigarette i wanted my own. Than boom my friend goes i am buying a new one i will sell you mine. So i jumped at the offer. My other friend has been trying to get by with his and he has been sharing what he can. The 2nd best day is when i quit smoking cigarettes. Now it is funny I understand what my mom has been smelling for all these years now, because i can smell it to. And it smells nasty. I tried to smoke a cigarette got it tasted horrible. So for me i do not have that many friends and i joined Pay it Forward and i posted for help today and some kind Angels have responded to my request i now feel like i have some more friends and i am part of a big social family. Thank You Pay it Forward for showing love. This will be my only contest post i will make, because they would be the same I luv Pay It forward.:2cool:

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
My best day is when i was offered my 510. i just thought that was so awesome. I had been reading all the emails from different sites on their e-cigarette i wanted my own. Than boom my friend goes i am buying a new one i will sell you mine. So i jumped at the offer. My other friend has been trying to get by with his and he has been sharing what he can. The 2nd best day is when i quit smoking cigarettes. Now it is funny I understand what my mom has been smelling for all these years now, because i can smell it to. And it smells nasty. I tried to smoke a cigarette got it tasted horrible. So for me i do not have that many friends and i joined Pay it Forward and i posted for help today and some kind Angels have responded to my request i now feel like i have some more friends and i am part of a big social family. Thank You Pay it Forward for showing love. This will be my only contest post i will make, because they would be the same I luv Pay It forward.:2cool:

*tease* so u just got the idea " i'm going to join this group i've never heard of on these forums i've never heard of"? lol */tease*

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
These posts without PIF stories will not be qualified winning posts if random number generation pulls them. Just wanted to repost the rules to remind you all of that! ;)
*HUGS*

Thanks to one of our extremely wonderful, sweet, members, we have a new contest for you all!!

For this contest, we would like for you to post a story or comment in this thread about your favorite PIF moment here or in real life!

You can post up to FIVE times, but each post you make
MU
ST include a PIF story or moment from the forum or IRL. Any more than 5 posts will be cause for disqualification.

Let's share the love and enjoy reading everyone's posts!

This contest will run until July 10th at 7pm CST. At that time a random number generator will be used to choose 4 winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread