Pinnacle Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
If I have time this winter I will make a few more tube mods.

I am looking forward to this next batch too. I can't wait to program the ming tips. Unfortunately I have been sick so I have not started. When I am feeling better I will start the next batch and post up pictures as they are completed. Due to the delay the next batch will not be as large as the last, but I will send off what I finish before leaving on vacation.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Question:

When you do get to a custom mod...can one supply the wood assuming its the right size or do you have to use your wood? I normally supply my own double dyed stabilized wood for my mods when I can like this purple/blue block.

004.jpg

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Yes you are welcome to supply your own wood. The dimension are 1.5" x 1.5" x however long your mod is.
Those are really cool box mods you make! What do you use for a finish on them?

Oh I wish I had that kind of skill. I just supply the wood so I can get the one I like. The finish on the one in the avi and these is poly. ;)

reomizer2.0.JPG

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
I am very, very humbled and proud to have just acquired what is arguably Lewis' most beautiful wood mod to date, and an infamous one at that. The Cook Charity Auction mod. Indulgence with inset cap, custom shape, shorty cone, tank cone, DCT and tank tip in a very rare for a Gentry mod Thuya Burl. Lewis...absolutely STUNNING.

lewis1.jpg

lewis2.jpg

lewis6.jpg

lewis7.jpg

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Oh I wish I had that kind of skill. I just supply the wood so I can get the one I like. The finish on the one in the avi and these is poly. ;)

reomizer2.0.JPG
I wish I had the skill to create one also. Thank you for posting pictures of your other Reo's :)

I am very, very humbled and proud to have just acquired what is arguably Lewis' most beautiful wood mod to date, and an infamous one at that. The Cook Charity Auction mod. Indulgence with inset cap, custom shape, shorty cone, tank cone, DCT and tank tip in a very rare for a Gentry mod Thuya Burl. Lewis...absolutely STUNNING.

View attachment 230516

View attachment 230517

View attachment 230518

View attachment 230519

Thank you and congrats on picking it up! That mod has a lot of history attached to it :)

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Sunday my youngest son decided he wanted to make a wood mod with a CA finish. :D
It is a XL3 Mini turned in sycamore which was growing in my front yard a few years back.
resize_image.php

He is working on another one in stabilized wood.

The first 1.25" ming off the cnc lathe. It is turned in Glow Stonez - Moon Rock. Tomorrow I will try to complete the programming on the 1.0" ming.
resize_image.php

On July 27th I will be leaving on vacation for a week. I will mail this small batch to Eric the day before I leave.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Sunday my youngest son decided he wanted to make a wood mod with a CA finish. :D
It is a XL3 Mini turned in sycamore which was growing in my front yard a few years back.
resize_image.php

He is working on another one in stabilized wood.

The first 1.25" ming off the cnc lathe. It is turned in Glow Stonez - Moon Rock. Tomorrow I will try to complete the programming on the 1.0" ming.
resize_image.php

On July 27th I will be leaving on vacation for a week. I will mail this small batch to Eric the day before I leave.

Sounds like father like son. He did a really good job on that mod.

Can't wait to see the new mings. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
My truck is not passing smog and all of my spare time is being spent trying to get it to pass. Unfortunately this means that the batch of tips I was planning is not going to happen. Once I get my truck going I will start making them again, but it is looking like it will be after I get back from vacation.

Well that just won't do. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread