Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I like to play with them every now and then, but I don't usually vape them. I get factories that send me samples, and I may check one out... or not. Some are good though. This Rafale-X I just got is pretty decent. They sent a couple, so I can set one aside for you.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
The Uwell Rafale-x tank looks like it has a interesting deck to build on with lots of coil options. So far I have just tried single coild builds. It doesn't look like it will fit my tips though. I have read good things about Uwell's Crown tank but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

b06ed3c85df75f4901f62819a4c0ff72.jpg

I got a few more rocks cut and drilled. The two on the left are the same material as the first tip. The two on the right were also sold to me as alabaster. While cutting and drilling them I noticed they are slightly softer than the first one.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
The Uwell Rafale-x tank looks like it has a interesting deck to build on with lots of coil options. So far I have just tried single coild builds. It doesn't look like it will fit my tips though. I have read good things about Uwell's Crown tank but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
The Crown tank was a fantastic tank. It was my favorite tank for while. I think the Cubis is becoming my favorite tank now. The Crown needed a bit more wattage than I like to vape at.

I have other tanks I'll shoot your way that you'll be able to use your tips in. The Rafale is one that will need a special tip, since the tip is part of its design.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The Crown tank was a fantastic tank. It was my favorite tank for while. I think the Cubis is becoming my favorite tank now. The Crown needed a bit more wattage than I like to vape at.

I have other tanks I'll shoot your way that you'll be able to use your tips in. The Rafale is one that will need a special tip, since the tip is part of its design.

What is it about the Cubis that you like so much? Just curious and always looking for something better. :D

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
What is it about the Cubis that you like so much? Just curious and always looking for something better. :D
Flavor, vapor, and easy fill. It produces the same flavor and vapor at 30 watts that other tanks need 60-75 watts to achieve. They have a new notched coil that can hit the higher watts, for those that want them. We should be getting them in soon.

Before the Cubis, I was vaping the Crown, or the Triton with the Donner .3 coils. I would go back and forth every few days. The Crown I'd vape at 50 watts, and the Donner at 65 watts. My mouth would get soar a few times a day; mostly in the back of my throat. I'm no longer getting the pain, and feel that I haven't given up the flavor and vapor I enjoyed. So, I am really happy with the Cubis tanks.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Flavor, vapor, and easy fill. It produces the same flavor and vapor at 30 watts that other tanks need 60-75 watts to achieve. They have a new notched coil that can hit the higher watts, for those that want them. We should be getting them in soon.

Before the Cubis, I was vaping the Crown, or the Triton with the Donner .3 coils. I would go back and forth every few days. The Crown I'd vape at 50 watts, and the Donner at 65 watts. My mouth would get soar a few times a day; mostly in the back of my throat. I'm no longer getting the pain, and feel that I haven't given up the flavor and vapor I enjoyed. So, I am really happy with the Cubis tanks.

Interesting, thanks. No RBA deck? Who are you a associate supplier for? I should know that but I don't. :blush:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Interesting, thanks. No RBA deck? Who are you a associate supplier for? I should know that but I don't. :blush:
The Cubiod Mini comes with the RBA head, and you can get them separately. We don't have nay yet, but I plan to get some in. I've got a few now. They are cool, and vertical style. I find rebuilding the actual heads just as easy though. ;)

I work with Discount Vapers.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
0d46aefae4cb2b5c59478598a5ffefa0.jpg

Turned from ruby in fuchsite.
The tip took 4-5 hours to create. The fuchsite is a relatively soft rock and cuts easy. The red and blue parts of the stone are ruby which is much harder. Keeping the tip round was a challenge because it wanted to cut the softer material and leave the harder material behind.
My sandpaper works well on the fuchsite, but the ruby laughs at it. This weekend I will pick up different abrasives and redo the finish steps. Hopefully this will produce a better finish and shine. There are a few small chips in the finish layer, but for my first attempt I am happy.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
0d46aefae4cb2b5c59478598a5ffefa0.jpg

Turned from ruby in fuchsite.
The tip took 4-5 hours to create. The fuchsite is a relatively soft rock and cuts easy. The red and blue parts of the stone are ruby which is much harder. Keeping the tip round was a challenge because it wanted to cut the softer material and leave the harder material behind.
My sandpaper works well on the fuchsite, but the ruby laughs at it. This weekend I will pick up different abrasives and redo the finish steps. Hopefully this will produce a better finish and shine. There are a few small chips in the finish layer, but for my first attempt I am happy.

I'm a gemologist, no. Gem loverist, yes.

Lewis, I am not sure what fuchsite is (or what it is in contrast to ruby other than the hardness), but that is simply stunning and appears to be a labor of love. Are those two varied stones combined? It's truly amazing, even unfinished.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm a gemologist, no. Gem loverist, yes.

Lewis, I am not sure what fuchsite is (or what it is in contrast to ruby other than the hardness), but that is simply stunning and appears to be a labor of love. Are those two varied stones combined? It's truly amazing, even unfinished.

You took the words right out of my...

Flippin' WOW.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca

The fuchsite is a soft rock that has small rubies inside. The fuchsite that the tip is made from is soft enough you can scratch if with your finger nail if you try really hard.

I got new abrasives from the rock shop. Once I get the petrified wood cut down I will see how they work. I also picked up some jade and agate while I was there.

Last night I purchased a few pieces of blue denim lapis lazuli. I can't wait to try them.
b812a55d4f943c50abe24b8d976a7451.jpg

af9dd2e7c546f6fce3f1d5ccc687f90f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread