Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Some were from ebay, others I have coming have involved some negotiations with someone who English isn't that great but much better than my Turkish. I am still trying to get a good supplier for Turkish stems.

On ebay just search for "replacement pipe stems" and take the time to scroll through all the pages.

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Just posted this in another thread, but worth repeating here in case anyone is interested. Cherry Vapes had some unreleased "shorty" universals at the Vapefest. They basically just cut the tenon length in half, so the decorative portion now sits flush to the top of the JDS. They'll be $5 (maybe $6), and will be available pretty soon I'd assume. Black or White.

I don't particularly dig the uni's, but some folks here may.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Had to post this pipe and knife combo...pipe is a E-Pipe Mods Alchemy Elemental and the knife is an equal end stockman by Bulldog...

alchem6_zps39accf70.jpg

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
IMG_1131.jpg
this was the table! Well over 100 pipes. Matt said that was actually all of them... it's all the switches, accessories, etc that didn't make it. Had the pipes not made it, I probably would've cried and stomped out like a little baby. :laugh:

I'd be surprised if they sold more than 20-30 pipes to be honest. Should be a field day for everyone who's been waiting. There were tons of killer pipes, was really hard to pick just one. I had to get two! Can't wait for Matt to mail me the switches so I can fire these things up!

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Shoog, I hung by Matt's table for 3 of the 4 hours I was there on Friday. Didn't go Saturday. As I said, IMO, his pipes stole the show, and no one even realized it. I may be wrong on the "20-30", as I heard it was a madhouse Saturday. I hope I'm wrong. Friday was pretty jumpin too, but there were only two empty holes when I left - the two I bought. I'd be surprised if more than 50 sold. Sad, really. I was expecting more out of my fellow NY'ers. :glare: I guess the epipes aren't for everyone.

Edit: Actually, just as I arrived there, someone was buying one of the 26 series, the elemental one. Other than that, I only know of two of the freehands finding homes, of the 10+ that were there. We'll have to see when Friday rolls around. I might even grab another!

How many pipes do you guys have, by the way? Ab, Dirq, shoog. I'm seeing some great collections around here!

Last edited:

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Missed by minutes on the Alabaster but he has a mottled green stone with gold flecks and number 2 is mine.

The stems came from Turkey and I am kinda on shaky ground getting them. The guy I am dealing with is not real good with English and I don't speak Turkish so it is a bit tough. Add in he makes stems for quite a few pipe makers in Turkey and has limited time to give me so I really don't want to give out my source right now. I will have four more in the near future I hope, told him same length or longer.

Conversion isn't really that difficult. Or doesn't need to be. You can do it a couple different ways. Biggest issue is stability, I don't like wriggles. I have been making the hole in the tenon large enough to fit over the slim UDCT I like. Inside of that I use one of the stainless Siam drip tip stems. Acrylic is pretty brittle so I use burrs rather than drill bits.

stemmod_zps7ea7acca.jpg

Nick...I have 6 pipes with 2 more on the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread