Travel and Vaping Plane travel soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
As the thread title suggest, I will be traveling soon. I plan to take everything with me but I'm wondering what is the best way to carry my gear on a plane. I don't want to put it in my checked bag instead I want to carry it on. Will this be a problem? What about juices? I plan to have all tanks empty except one that I will be using. Will this be a problem with security?

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA

Thanks for the links! I feel better now and hope I have no problems. Any other advice is welcome. I always allow plenty of time anyway, I have a few other things to deal with at security and didn't know if this would be added to the list.

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
Since you're going to the airport anyways...did you know you can get free medical care there?

Yup...free medical care.

When you meet your friendly TSA agent just mention Al Qeda and yell Free Akbar! four times.

I promise you'll get a free colonoscopy..
sorry....just had to...please don't try this at home. be sure to say hello to your friendly NSA agents as well.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
Since you're going to the airport anyways...did you know you can get free medical care there?

Yup...free medical care.

When you meet your friendly TSA agent just mention Al Qeda and yell Free Akbar! four times.

I promise you'll get a free colonoscopy..
sorry....just had to...please don't try this at home. be sure to say hello to your friendly NSA agents as well.

LMAO! No thanks. I have had a similar experience with airport officials in England before. Not from yelling or saying anything but a simple nodding and yeah, yeah when not hearing the questions! Oh my, I pay VERY close attention from now on you can believe that!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Why don't you want to put it in the checked in bad? Seems like the best way to me.

Some of us believe there are only 2 kinds of luggage:

Carry-On, and ..............LOST! :laugh:

Anything you want to keep, take in carryon. not to mention, your flight gets cancelled, and it's the last flight of the day, you are taking your carry on to a hotel, because your checked luggage is going to be forwarded when they rebook and change your flight. It would really suck to be in a hotel room in a strange city, on foot, late in the evening, and not have your vape gear.

Schmoggs

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2012
Kentuckiana
Went to Disney from Louisville last month and TSA searched my checked bag on both the outbound and return flight. Had some liquid and a handful of ego batteries in a bag with empty clearos. In my carryon I had two batteries and two filled clearos and had no problems at security. Next time I may try to carry a dripping rig because no matter where your devices are, checked or carryon, if there is liquid in them the pressure differences cause them to leak, alot. On a sidenote, Disney security had no problem with my gear at all.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Squeeze the air out of your bottles and recap them. They look a bit misshapen but it will keep them from leaking. I put all my stuff in carryon too, I've had luggage take overnight to reach my hotel. That was before I started vaping. I can only imagine how I would be if most of my vaping stuff didn't make my flight!

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
In short, my advice is to have your juice in anything less than 3oz bottles, in a 1 quart ziploc bag. I put my mod(s) in through the Xray by itself. I treat it like a laptop. TSA will make you take your mod out of your bag if they see it through the xray. Keep everything vape close together. If you are carrying tanks, I suggest keeping them empty, maybe just 1 filled in that ziplock with your juice.

I did all that at LAX going on an international flight to Taiwan earlier this year in March, and did not have any problems. Just be upfront and honest with TSA.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I HATE flying to begin with (2 mg Anti anxiety doesn't even help me, yes 2 FULL mg for. 5'3" 113 lb person) and now I'm going to go crazy worry about my vape gear too. I'm flying to Phoenix in Nov, four hour flight and I'm already having panic attacks.

Had no idea that up to 30,000 feet, the juice can leak in the tanks. Someone mentioned on another thread they sat next to a pilot (he was a passenger for this particular flight) and also a VAPER and said to hold the PV upside down until 30,000 feet is reached and it won't leak.

Apparently landing is not an issue, just taking off. Not sure if that works, but thought I'd throw it out there. I don't think I could even remotely do all this because I'm too busy freaking out flying, crawling into my husband's lap, covering my eyes, looking out the window for scary clouds.....8-o:(:ohmy::oops:

avaholic

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Denver
I carried my evic along with about 9 bottles of 10mil plus extra parts through both DIA (denver) and san diego airports. No problems. Even openly vaped through the airport. The big big big thing is make sure you have your juice in a ziplock bag! If its not in a bag they WILL throw it away. But the pv was just in my pocket, sent it through xray. Not even a weird look for it.

Frontier specifically says before takeoff "No smoking anywhere during the flight, this includes e cigarettes"

Nothing a quick trip to the bathroom wont fix lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread