Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Angela posted this gem elsewhere here:

http://www.intellicig.com/images/pdf/ECOpureReport2009-04-14.pdf

GC-MS Injection was at 300 C (vaporizes the juice). No acrolein found at all. Makes sense since there is nothing to oxidize the glycerol. And as I said, we would almost certainly KNOW if there was acrolein present...would be sort of like tear-gas.

So hopefully this issue is solved, and I can continue to enjoy my delicious VG juices without worry, at least worry about acrolein.

Kurt

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I'm glad to see these findings.
I'm not a heavy VG user, but many are and with the vapor hungry ones vaping at higher heat I'd hate to see it found later. Better now if it was there.
Glad to see that intellicig did some homework instead of just throwing a product out for the money. Many could follow that lead.

The info you find like what was on Wiki and other sites showed the formation in 2 examples. One with bisulfate and the other with just temp. No mention of any other circumstances.

Much has changed in the PV since its begining. Most were autos and had cutoffs. Now with manuals and higher heat.....one should wonder or at least try to confirm when possible serious health questions arise.
Scott is correct that the coil shouldn't glow red as a wet atty wick acts as a heat sink with the liquid. There are cases of dry attys and some do a dry burn for maint.

Good job to all for the answers. I personally thank you.

Now....following the thread.....why do some PV burn the plastic? Brands? Sizes....?
Anyone that has this problem may want to start a table of data to see if a pattern forms.
Something must be different since all don't do this.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
If you think you are melting carts, what is happening to your cart filler? The filler, by design, touches the bridge. If your cart is melting then the cart filler would also have to melt. No?

Nestran

that one kinda figures to me.. melt the outside melt the inside..

atom-1.jpg

atom-2.jpg

this one came up and put people off the original cartomizers.. the heater coil poking right up in the center of the wool and burning it..

i am not sure how the latest one are made.. does anyone know..

if anything burns to me it would be the fine wool strands.. carts get smoked dry on a regular basis..

as regards heatsinking.. some must go on but there is no direct contact between liquid and the heater coil.. it sit up in the air and is supposed to work on what is soaked into the small wick the wire is wrapped around.. its fed by small droplets as air is drawn thru the tiny holes in the side of the ceramic pot..

i sell big battery e cigs.. i know people are moving over to the ones that massively over volt atomizers.. one decent sized cell at 4 volts makes an RN4075 heater coil glow bright red with a three to four second switch press.. i am %100 against the popular practice of use two lithium ion cells.. which if the wrong ones are used will produce 8.4 volts..

Ruyan (the people that started it all) devices ran very cool and wimpish.. they deliberately did not produce much visible vapour.. some of the things now on sale make me wonder... so do some of the people recommending them and useing them...

i must admit to simply having uneasy feeling on this.. no real scientific testing methods used.. but red hot to me is hot enough.. in fact i used to think it was too hot.. at least all these manual switch two cell devices in use make me worry a little less about the product we sell..

trog

ps.. the picture makes it clear the hot part should be well clear of any plastic material..

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Woo, thanks Trog, that does show a thing or two. I also use ECOpure Krystal, and I really do think it is much cleaner burning (vaporizing), but as soon as I say that my atty will go cold so just ignore it! I've also noticed a couple of my burned-out attys had bits of the mesh also very deteriorated, crumbly. So hot, I think yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread