Play 2 Win : All NEW!! Weekly GotVapes Ultimate Contest Prize Giveaway & Chit Chat Hangout Thread, Come Hangout and Have Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkchip

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Bokeelia, FL
CAM00079-1.jpg

I knew it would come to this...about time I learned how to attach pictures I guess. Going to go read the post again and try to figure it out

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Round #1
Entry 1

472304887.jpg

Romeo was a very special wolf. I got to enjoy him both with my Border Collie, Pixie, and my Samoyed, Capser. I lived a mile from the glacier and it was a nice, flat, paved sidewalk to do the daily dog walks. There is a full story about Romeo online. He loved to play with the other dogs, altho he would pick up some of the smaller dogs. I don't know of anyone who petted him but he wasn't shy around people and he loved to play with other dogs. I had the pleasure of knowing him for 3 years. Then a couple of idiots shot him. The whole town was in a dither and there was some division but the guys ended up leaving town for awhile, at least until their trial. It has been several years and the townspeople still talk about him and miss him.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Find a picture (one not posted before, by you or someone else), can be a personal picture or one found on the interwebz.
Post the picture here and give us a story :D
If you have a tough time with a story, feel free to caption it, tell us how the picture makes you feel, or what it means to you......anything along those lines.
There are a few restrictions ;) The picture MUST follow ECF rules and it cannot already be a captioned picture......keep it clean :D

You MUST label each entry with the round number and entry number......such as Round # Entry 1.....Round # Entry 2.....ect
We MUST be able to discern what pics are contest entries and what pics are just part of the general chit chat ;)

If you need help in posting a picture:

Picture found on the internet:
1) Right click on the image
2) Select "copy image location"
3) Paste in post to look like this [img ] *picture url inserted here* [/img ] .......no spaces
4) if you still need help, please please please ask. We will be happy to help.

Personal Picture:
The easiest way is to upload it to a photo hosting service such as photobucket or flicker, etc. If you don't want to upload to a hosting service, you can use tinypic.com and upload into there.
Once uploaded, pretty much follow the same steps as above.

I assume that by "not posted by you or someone else" you mean not posted in the Got Vapes threads. It can be posted on other areas of ECF, right? (And almost every picture will have been posted somewhere on the interwebs.)

Still pictures only or are GIFs allowed?

If the picture is from the scene of a show can the caption be the plot of the episode or what one thought of the episode, etc?

ETA:
FYI: If you use tinypics.com to upload your picture, they will give you 4 versions of the coding. The second one, "IMG Code for Forums", is perfect for ECF. You can just copy and paste it without adding any coding of your own.

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I assume that by "not posted by you or someone else" you mean not posted in the Got Vapes threads. It can be posted on other areas of ECF, right? (And almost every picture will have been posted somewhere on the interwebs.)

Still pictures only or are GIFs allowed?

If the picture is from the scene of a show can the caption be the plot of the episode or what one thought of the episode, etc?

ETA:
FYI: If you use tinypics.com to upload your picture, they will give you 4 versions of the coding. The second one, "IMG Code for Forums", is perfect for ECF. You can just copy and paste it without adding any coding of your own.

Correct

Yes....I don't see a problem with gifs ;)

and Yes :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Quick disclaimer on my pics now and future ones...

When I started to post my entry... I found out my personal webserver was down... the hard drive wasn't being detected. If it fails later, I'll have to restore my backup to a new drive etc... It shouldn't take long ( relatively speaking ) but I'll only be able to address it from work so if it happens overnight... I'll fix it the next day instead of driving back to the office immediately.

The pic url's shouldn't change... but they may go MIA temporarily until the issue is addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread