* Please Advise *

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael sb

Apr 28, 2015
Hi

Basically pretty new to vaping. About 5-6 weeks, started with like the eGo batteries with a mini 3 protank - real basics.

This morning I just recieved the MVP 3.0 and also Aspire Atlantis. My ejuice that I have are 12mg nicotine. I needed to know will I be safe? vaping that - and what wattage on the MVP 3.0 ought I go to? Keep it real low I presume?

Any advice tips would be awesome.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
There is no magic wattage, start low and increase it until you find your sweet spot. The Atlantis is a primarily a cloud blowing atty, so you may want to consider lowering your nicotine level if your lungs start hurting. The Atlantis comes with 0.5 ohm heads, the MVP will go down to 0.4 ohms so your are safe to max out the wattage if you want to.

Aspire Atlantis owner | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Asvaping

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Low resistance (sub-ohm) builds require, paradoxically, high wattages because your coil is made of thick wire that is slow to heat up and slow to cool down, so at low wattages, you'll get a very harsh and unpleasant vape. But your nicotine absorption will increase, so, with sub-ohm coils, lower your nic level and increase your wattage. Counterintuitive, I know.

Good luck!

Reactions: Cacique

ecig_vendor

Unresolved Status
Apr 29, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Guess that'll be my next question / where could I be able to sell it? If anyone at all.

You can sell/trade unload your *unloved* gear (no counterfeit products) in the Classifieds & Swaps Forum.

You will need to have a minimum of 20 posts before you can apply to get verified. Here is a link to get you started: How to Become a Verified Member

Reactions: roxynoodle

michael sb

Apr 28, 2015
You can sell/trade unload your *unloved* gear (no counterfeit products) in the Classifieds & Swaps Forum.

You will need to have a minimum of 20 posts before you can apply to get verified. Here is a link to get you started: How to Become a Verified Member
Unloved? More like hated lol.

Silly question but does this count as a post?!

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Unloved? More like hated lol.

What did you hate about it? Was it because it was too "airy" and you could not MTL (mouth-to-lung) draw?

Silly question but does this count as a post?!

Yes, it does count as a post. If you need help in getting 20 posts just stay in this forum and welcome new members or post in any of the other threads that interest you. You'll have 20 posts in no time at all.

If you get all your posts in just make sure you give the servers time to update (at :25 past the hour) before you apply to get verified.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
You will probably like the Sub Tank mini with the 1.2Ω coils a bit more. There are always the Pro Tanks and Nautilus tanks, but the Sub Tank will give you the ease of pre-made coil heads while leaving the door open to either get the .5Ω coils and give sub-ohming another chance, or start building your own with the RBA section.

Reactions: NOVA jon

michael sb

Apr 28, 2015
You will probably like the Sub Tank mini with the 1.2Ω coils a bit more. There are always the Pro Tanks and Nautilus tanks, but the Sub Tank will give you the ease of pre-made coil heads while leaving the door open to either get the .5Ω coils and give sub-ohming another chance, or start building your own with the RBA section.

I'm thinking Nautilus Mini? For me it's all new. And was OK on an eGo battery and a mini pro tank - think I may have stepped up too much too soon.

Reactions: Train2

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I'm thinking Nautilus Mini? For me it's all new. And was OK on an eGo battery and a mini pro tank - think I may have stepped up too much too soon.
Don't let the name fool you in regards to the STm. It was designed to compete with the others in the current sub-omh craze, but it does basic vaping very well also. Others will probably agree, while it does sub-ohm, most would put it on the bottom of their list if clouds are all they are after.

It is sort of the "jack of all trades" tank, leaning more towards the basic side. Options are always good to have and the ST gives you the three standard (sub-ohm coil, +ohm coil and RTA) options in one.

The Nautilus is a solid tank as well, but it will always just be a replaceable coil clearo.

Reactions: michael sb

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You may not want to abandon the MVP - just get a more traditional top for it.
You can pop a 1+ Ohm coil on there (with a ProTank or similar), and just dial it up A LITTLE higher than the 8-10 watts you often are pulling with an Ego, and get a really satisfying vape on a nifty device.

Yes smoked for 16 years / just looking for a set up that I guess is close to smoking a cigarette.

Reactions: michael sb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread