Please allow me to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
On and off (mostly on) smoker for about 30 years. Now enjoying the vape life. I have a Pico 25 and a smok AL85, and I've been using the Naked 100 menthol juices. I wanted to get another Pico 25, but was having trouble getting one, so I got the smok AL85 instead. I do prefer the Pico 25 a little more overall for a few reasons, but the SMOK AL85 does the job too.

First time I bought 6mg liquid, and now I'm using 3mg. I'm contemplating mixing to get 4.5mg next time. Considering buying another tank too so I can swap flavors more easily if I want. Looking at the SMOK Big Baby, or I might just get another Ello.

Been learning a lot lately about coils and figuring out which kind I prefer. I was already an 18650 battery expert due to one of my other hobbies, flashlights.

-adept1

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Nice another battery expert that's awesome :D Welcome to ecf kind sir !
for your tank choice i'd stay a bit away from smok,too many coils issues tbh unless you're willing to learn the art of building your own coils with the rba head that's included with the tfv8 (mostly thinking about the big baby beast here). I assume you do dtl inhales (direct lung) which do not replicate how you'd smoke a cigarette,if so i'd recommend something else but i won't make suggestions since the only drop in coils tank i've liked so far was my Fat Scylla sv from freemax (their stainless .5 coils are awesome if you can find em tbh). I already got bored with those after 3 months lol so can't help you more than that :p

April05

Sep 19, 2017
I'd like to introduce myself as well! I just found this site as I'm a newbie. I'm a 20 yr 1 pack a day smoker and am going on day 8 off cigs and on a simple SMOK that the vap store recommended. I'm on 3mg and I have been fighting urges like crazy but wow I never thought I could put the sticks down. So happy!! I'm here to learn so thanks all that like to share.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'd like to introduce myself as well! I just found this site as I'm a newbie. I'm a 20 yr 1 pack a day smoker and am going on day 8 off cigs and on a simple SMOK that the vap store recommended. I'm on 3mg and I have been fighting urges like crazy but wow I never thought I could put the sticks down. So happy!! I'm here to learn so thanks all that like to share.
If you find yourself craving too much try 6mgs instead? I started with a mtl setup with 15mg lol (1p/day for 10 years) 6mg is what i'm using atm and i absolutely love it, 3mg made me vape too many mls in a single day lolz.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
That's a question I have which seems to be hard to answer. How much is too much? I'm on day 8 and still have about 1/4 of my first bottle left.
the first sign of a "too much" is whenever you get somewhat of a nic high, if you're starting to feel nauseated,headaches or generally sick stop vaping those are sign of nic poisoning. Don't worry about nic high though,in my most stressfull moments i often get those and i simply stop vaping,sure you feel a bit high from it but i doubt it's dangerous (done it multiple times without noticing lol) I vape mostly and only 6mg atm so don't worry about the nicotine level,just find what satisfies you the most,which in my case was 6. You can keep doing 3mg too if you want,but you might go through your juice much faster to satisfy yourself with a lower dosage,which i've done aswell and why i went back up to 6 instead.

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Nice another battery expert that's awesome :D Welcome to ecf kind sir !
for your tank choice i'd stay a bit away from smok,too many coils issues tbh unless you're willing to learn the art of building your own coils with the rba head that's included with the tfv8 (mostly thinking about the big baby beast here). I assume you do dtl inhales (direct lung) which do not replicate how you'd smoke a cigarette,if so i'd recommend something else but i won't make suggestions since the only drop in coils tank i've liked so far was my Fat Scylla sv from freemax (their stainless .5 coils are awesome if you can find em tbh). I already got bored with those after 3 months lol so can't help you more than that :p

Thanks. Eventually I might build coils, but it probably would not be with the Big Baby - would probably buy a dedicated RTA for that. Turns out that my Eleaf Ello and SMOK Baby Beast both use the same dimension coils, so I'm free to try various coils from quite a few different brands including eLeaf, SMOK, Joytech, and others.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hey Adept, welcome to ECF! Sounds like you are getting going in a good direction.

Nic strength is so variable and people have different preferences. If you are at 3, there's nothing wrong with a step up to 4.5, that sounds reasonable. Just keep an eye out for nic overload, but it's pretty simple-- headaches, yawning (sometimes), nausea, lightheadedness, etc. Also drink plenty of fluids, vaping can dry you out to start, and it helps with cigarette detox anyway. Best of luck!

Ann

Reactions: Letitia

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Hey Adept, welcome to ECF! Sounds like you are getting going in a good direction.

Nic strength is so variable and people have different preferences. If you are at 3, there's nothing wrong with a step up to 4.5, that sounds reasonable. Just keep an eye out for nic overload, but it's pretty simple-- headaches, yawning (sometimes), nausea, lightheadedness, etc. Also drink plenty of fluids, vaping can dry you out to start, and it helps with cigarette detox anyway. Best of luck!

Ann

Thanks. That's actually why I went from 6 down to 3 - I was getting some headaches (don't mind the lightheadedness really :)). But 3mg is a bit too weak, and now I'm blowing through juice like crazy. Juice is very expensive (about double the normal price) here due its legal status! I also figured out already about the dehydration from the PG as well.

Reactions: Letitia

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017

Maybe try some 6mg to start! When I'm vaping the 6mg, I don't get any urge to smoke cigs at all - the nicotine is plenty and I like vaping so much more. Now I'm vaping 3mg and it's not as satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread